StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 20 Nov 04, 20:38
General
Russia
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
- an unknown orchestra – 2143 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/slavank2.mp3
- an unknown orchestra (record of 1914!!!) – 763 Kb
http://rkkaww2.narod.ru/multimedia/b...Slav_woman.mp3
http://www.sovmusic.ru/mp3/slavank2.mp3

“The farewell of Slav woman” (1912)

It is impossible to speak about the Russian/Soviet military music and to forget about this march.

I found the original version of 1914, it has no words, only music, but it is an original march.

Firstl of all, I have to say about the author of the march “The farewell of Slav woman”.

Vasilii Ivanovich Agapkin made this march in 1912. He dedicated it to the Slav women in the Balkan countries who see off their men on the battle against Turkish enslavers. He couldn’t know about the Great Fate of his march.

After the beginning of WWI the march got new words and this version became famous (look it in the bottom).

After the revolution of 1917 Agapkin became a functionary of VChK-OGPU-NKVD. But he was not related to the crimes of that time, he was the leader of the orchestra of this secret service.

And it was Agapkin who leaded the combined military orchestra during the famous Parade on the Red Square on the November, 7th of 1941. And the march “The farewell of Slav woman” was one of the four marches which were played on that Parade.

And about the march “The farewell of Slav woman”.

It is the greatest Russian/Soviet march of all times.

This march is used for the last 90 years in every Rule – Whites and Reds, Russians and Soviets, Communists and anti-Communists.

This march is played in the any place where Russian men go on a war and are saw off by their relatives and friends. And if it was an orchestra in that place in that time so the orchestra played the march “The farewell of Slav woman”.

The usual picture which is related to this march is the following: there is the platform of a railroad station, there are the soldiers who have to load on a train for going on a war and who are embracing by women. This picture was usual for 1914, it was so for 1941, it is so and now. And all vents on this picture were (and are) under the same great immortal music.

You can hear an orchestra playing the march “The farewell of Slav woman” in the famous Soviet movie "The Cranes Are Flying" and in the modern Russian movie “72 Meters” about modern Russian submariners.

There are different versions of text of the march “The farewell of Slav woman”. Here is the most famous and known version of V.Lazarev which was made right after the beginning of WWI. It is considered to be the original text of the march.

“The farewell of Slav woman”

(Translated by Andrey)

The minute of a farewell is beginning,
You look anxiously in my eyes,
And I sense the dear breathing
But a thunderstorm is beginning far away.

Foggy and blue air shook
And an alarm touched my temples.
And Russia calls us for a feat.
I feel the wind from the movement of regiments.

Refrain:
Farewell, the paternal land,
Recall us,
Farewell, beloved look,
Forgive-farewell, Forgive-farewell . . .

Years are passing and are passing,
Trains are going in darkness.
And soldiers are in the trains
And a soldier’s star [1]
Is shining in the dark sky.
And soldiers are in the trains
And a soldier’s star

Repeat refrain.

There are only a forest and a steppe around and stops in a steppe
There is the light of evening [2] and new down.
So don’t forget the farewell of a Slav woman,
Repeat it inmost in your heart!

No, a heart will not be apathetic,
The tights of truth are shining . . .
We were devoting our lives
For a love, for a great brotherhood.

Farewell, the paternal land,
Recall us
Farewell, beloved look,
Not the every from us will return home.

Years are passing and are passing,
But you, song, is always together with us.
We remember you,
And a soldier’s star

Repeat refrain.

Music – 1912, text – 1914 (the beginning of WWI)

Remarks of Andrey:
[1] - According people's ancient Russian popular belief every person had own star in a sky and if a star is falling (a meteor is flying) in the sky so it means that somebody is dying.
[2] - ???? “evening down” - it is in Russian text

"Proshchanie Slavianki"

Nastupaet minuta proshchaniia,
Ty gliadish' mne trevozhno v glaza,
I lovliu ia rodnoe dykhanie,
A vdali uzhe dyshit groza.

Drognul vozdukh, tumannyi i sinii,
I trevoga kosnulas' viskov,
I zoviot nas na podvig Rossiia,
Veet vetrom ot shaga polkov.

Pripev:
Proshchai, otchii krai,
Ty nas vspominai,
Proshchai, milyi vzgliad,
Prosti-proshchai, prosti-proshchai...

Letiat, letiat goda,
Ukhodiat vo mglu poezda,
A v nikh soldaty,
I v nebe tiomnom
Gorit soldatskaia zvezda.
A v nikh soldaty,
I v nebe tiomnom

Pripev.

Les da step', da v stepi polustanki.
Svet vechernei i novoi zari.
Ne zabud' zhe proshchan'e Slavianki,
Sokrovenno v dushe povtori!

Net, ne budet dusha bezuchastna,
Spravedlivosti svetiat ogni...
Za liubov', za velikoe bratstvo
Otdavali my zhizni svoi.

Proshchai, otchii krai,
Ty nas vspominai,
Proshchai, milyi vzgliad,
Ne vse iz nas pridut nazad.

Letiat, letiat goda,
A pesnia, ty s nami vsegda:
Tebia my pomnim,
I v nebe tiomnom

Pripev.

Muzyka - 1912, tekst - 1914 (nachalo Pervoi Mirovoi voiny )

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:26..
Old 25 Nov 04, 18:08
General
Russia

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
- an unknown singer – 763 Kb
http://www.sovmusic.ru/mp3/varyag.mp3
- K.A. Gerasimov with the awarded by the Order of a Red Banner Ensemble of a sing and a song of the Soviet Army of the name of A.V.Alexandrov (the record of 1950) – 1526 Kb
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/s..._tovarichi.mp3

“Variag”

[Variag is the old Russian name of Viking, in this case it is name of the heroic cruiser “Variag”]

The heroic cruiser "Variag" became a really immortal ship, it is the sign of the glory of Russian Navy.

In the night of the January, 8th – 9th of 1904 some Japanese ships suddenly attacked Russian military ships in the roadstead of the Navy Base Porth-Arthur without the declaration of a war (they repeated it 37 years later in Pearl-Harbour).

In this time two Russian military ships – the cruiser “Variag” and the gunboat “Koreets” were 260 miles to the south, in the Korean port Chemulpo.

A large Japanese squadron blocked the entrance of the port. The French cruiser “Pascal” (in an other source - "Decart"), the Italian cruiser “Elba”, the British cruiser “Telbot”, the American gunboat “Viksburg” also were in the roadstead of Chemulpo. In 9:30 of January, 9th the Japanese commander sent an ultimatum to Captain of 1st Rank Rudnev, the commander of “Variag”, with an offer to surrender. If the Russian ships will not surrender so they had to go out from the port or the Japanese ships will attack them directly in the roadstead where the other ships were.

In 11:00 the Russian ships became to move out from the port for making an attempt to breakthrough. When “Variag” was going by other nation’s military ships their orchestras played hymns. Captain of 1st rank Senes, the commander of the French cruiser “Pascal”, recalled later: “We saluted to the heroes who were facing a certain death so proudly”.

The Russian armored-deck cruiser and the archaic gunboat had to fight against the 15 Japanese ships: the armored cruiser “Asama”, the armored-deck cruisers “Naniva”, “Takachio”, “Chiyoda”, “Akasi”, “Niitaka”, the courier ship “Chihaya” and 8 small destroyers. Russians had 2 203-mm guns, 13 152-mm guns and 7 torpedo-tubes, Japaneses had 4 203-mm guns, 38 152-mm guns and 43 torpedo-tubes, they had a threefold superiority!

The battle occurred in 10 miles from Chemulpo and the foreign seamen saw it from the roadstead of Chemulpo. For an hour of the combat “Variag” and “Koreets” caused some heavy damage to “Asama” and “Takachio” but they also were damaged and had to return in Chemulpo.

(There are other versions of Japanese casualties and damages. According one version "Variag" destroyed one small destroyer and damaged 3 cruisers.)

Senes arrived in “Variag” exactly after the combat and recalled: “I shall never forget the tremendous sight which I saw. The deck was flooded by blood, many corpses and the parts of bodies are scattered all over. Nothing could avoid destruction”

In "Variag" 31 seamen were killed and 91 seamen were wounded. Only two from 12 152-mm guns, 5 from 12 75-mm guns and no one 47-mm gun were operational. It was impossible to fight more and the crews of “Variag” and “Koreets” destroyed their ships.

Japaneses demanded to deliver up the Russian seamen but the British, French and Italian seamen, who had become witnesses of the outstanding battle, stationed all the surviving Russian seamen in their ships and didn’t deliver up anyone Russians to Japaneses.

Soon the seamen of "Variag" and “Koreets” returned in the Motherland and became real heroes in Russia. There was the special medal “For the combat of “Variag” and “Koreets”, every participant of that combat got this medal. According the words of modern Russian Admiral Nenashev the crew of "Variag" didn't ask an award, it were the foreign seamen who saw this combat, returned at their homes earlier than the Russian seamen and told for the World about the glorious feat of "Variag".

From that time the Russian/Soviet/Russian Navy always has a ship with name "Variag", I heard that it is a missile cruiser now.

And the text of this song was made in pre-WWI Germany as paying a tribute to the heroism of the Russian seamen! The Russian version is only the translation of the German text of Rudolf Greintz.

“Variag”

(Translated by Andrey)

All hands on deck, comrades!
Our last parade is beginning.
Our proud “Variag” doesn’t surrender to an enemy
Nobody asks for mercy.

All pennants are curling and some chains are jingling
While they are lifting some anchors.
Placing in a row guns are preparing to a combat,
They sparkles ominously on the sun.

It is whining, and is thundering, and is roaring around
There are the roar of guns and the hissing of shells.
And our fearless proud “Variag” became equal
To a sheer hell.

Some bodies are quivering in mortal pains,
There are the roar of guns, and a noise, and plaints.
And the ship is enveloped by the sea of a fire,
The minutes of a farewell began.

Farewell, comrades, with God - Hurra!
A boiling sea is under us
We with you, old fellows, didn’t suppose yesterday
That we shall die today under waves!

Neither a stone, nor a cross will show where we died
For the Glory of the Russian Banner,
And only sea waves will glorify
The heroic death of “Variag”.

"Variag"

Naverkh vy, tovarishchi! Vse po mestam!
Poslednii parad nastupaet.
Vragu ne sdaiotsia nash gordyi "Variag",
Poshchady nikto ne zhelaet.

Vse vympely v'iutsia i tsepi gremiat,
Naverkh iakoria podnimaia.
Gotoviatsia k boiu orudiia v riad,
Na solntse zloveshche sverkaia.

Svistit i gremit, i grokhochet krugom.
Grom pushek, shipen'e snariadov.
I stal nash besstrashnyi i gordyi "Variag"
Podoben kromeshnomu adu.

V predsmertnykh muchen'iakh trepeshchut tela.
Grom pushek, i shum, i stenan'ia.
I sudno okhvacheno morem ognia,
Nastali minuty proshchan'ia.

Proshchaite, tovarishchi, s bogom - ura!
Kipiashchee more pod nami.
Ne dumali, brattsy, my s vami vchera,
Chto nynche umriom pod volnami.

Ne skazhet ni kamen', ni krest, gde legli
Vo slavu my russkogo flaga,
Lish' volny morskie proslaviat odni
Geroiskuiu gibel' "Variaga".

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:26..
Old 26 Nov 04, 04:21
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey
http://www.sovmusic.ru/e/download.php?fname=slavank2

“Farewell of Slav woman” (1912)

Andrey, thanks for comprehansive info
Direct link is:
Old 26 Nov 04, 06:29
General
Russia

- group of actors, record from the movie – 2167 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/bolvanka.mp3

"The tanks were rumbling in a field"

It is a song from post-war movie "At the war is at the war" about some days of the crew of an anti-tank self-propelled gun during an offensive in the summer of 1943. This .mp3 record is made directly from the movie.

This song is an unofficial hymn of Soviet/Russian taknmen. Every officer of Soviet/Russian tank troops knows this song. Especially it is popular in friendly meetings with some alcohol :-).

Also there are some additional, self-made by people, couplets in other versions of the song.

"The tanks were rumbling in a field"

(Translated by Danila Vorobyev with some corrections of Andrey (added one couplet))

[ATTENTION: The first three couplets are absent in the .mp3 version, they were added later by people. And the name of the song is repeating of the first phrase of the first added couplet]

The tanks were rumbling like a thunder
The soldiers went to final fight
And here they carried young commander
With head all broken outright

His tank was hit with armor-piercer
So say good-bye to Guardian crew
Just four more corpses in the hillside
Will add to fair morning view

'Cause now the vehicle is a-burning
Wait for the shells to detonate
You wanna live to see this morning
But you're too weak and it's too late

So they'll extract you from the remains
They'll put your coffin on the clay
And fire & thunder from the mainguns
Will see you into your last way

For now the telegrames are flying
To tell the friends and relatives
That their good son is never coming
And never getting any leave

[The following couplet is translated by Andrey, because it was absent in Vorob’ev’s version]

The mother-granny will cry in a corner,
And the father will brush off a tear,
And the beloved girl will never get to know
What the last minutes of tankman were.

And there's that photo on the bookshelf
Collecting dust for years on end -
In uniform, with shoulder-boards on...
And he will never be her man.

In unifo-orm, wI-EEEEEEth
shoul-der-bo-ards OOOOOOOn...

"Na pole tanki grokhotali"

[Pervye tri kupleta otsutstvuiut v .mp3 versii, oni byli dobavleny pozdnee narodom i pesnia poluchila nazvanie po pervoi fraze etikh novykh kupletov]

Na pole tanki grokhotali,
Soldaty shli v poslednii boi,
A molodogo komandira
Nesli s probitoi golovoi.

Pod tank udarila bolvanka,
Proshchai, gvardeiskii ekipazh!
Chetyre trupa vozle tanka
Dopolniat utrennii peizazh...

Mashina plamenem ob'iata,
Vot-vot rvaniot boekomplekt.
A zhit' tak khochetsia, rebiata,
I pomirat' uzh mochi net.

Nas izvlekut iz pod oblomkov,
Podnimut na ruki karkas,
I zalpy bashennykh orudii
V poslednii put' provodiat nas.

I poletiat tut telegrammy
Rodnykh, znakomykh izvestit',
Chto syn ikh bol'she ne verniotsia
I ne priedet pogostit'.

V uglu zaplachet mat'-starushka,
Slezu rukoi smakhniot otets,
I dorogaia ne uznaet
Kakoi tankista byl konets.

(Rasprostr. narodnyi variant:
I dorogaia ne uznaet
Kakoi u parnia byl konets. )

I budet kartochka pylit'sia
Na polke pozheltevshikh knig -
V tankistskoi forme, pri pogonakh
I ei on bol'she ne zhenikh.

V tankistskoi f-o-o-rme, pri pogo-o-nakh
I ei on bol'she ne zhenikh.

Last edited by Andrey; 07 Jan 05 at 05:11..
Old 26 Nov 04, 07:08
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvas
As I had promised, I uploaded songs and melodies on the Great Patriotic War subject. Their listing can be seen below. Among them not only military marches and official songs, but also popular civil ones...
Additional info Andrey hope to provide

Caution! File size can vary from 500Kb to 6 Mb !!!
If you can't download some files, report me, please

http://retro.samnet.ru provides only one flow for download. So DON'T USE MULTIFLOW regimes of your download agents (ReGET, FlashGet et al.)

Songs written after WWII

http://www.music2000.krovatka.net/adzhimuskaj.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/9_mai/alesha.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m..._o_soldate.mp3
http://music.nonymous777.com/files/b...kij_vokzal.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/9_mai/beri_shinel.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m.../buhenwald.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...II/den_pob.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/9_...bilo_voini.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...eduard_hil.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/9_...noi_visote.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/9_...lednii_boi.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...lyh_vremen.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/war/smuglanka.mp3
http://music.nonymous777.com/files/tuman.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/Ki...uti_tisini.mp3
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/vputh.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...go_shofera.mp3

Songs written before WWII. Some of them in after WWII edition

http://retro.samara.ws/music/phono/w...skie_volny.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...ampanskogo.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/b...vojna_6331.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...I/KATJUSHA.MP3 [DELETED]
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/war/katusha.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/phono/music/p...anchzhurii.mp3
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/slavank2.mp3
http://retro.leivo.ru/music/pevets/k..._tankistov.mp3

http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w..._platochek.mp3

Great Patriotic War period songs
(some of them modern records)

http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m.../22_ijunya.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...-_razvedka.mp3
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/beitesam.mp3
http://www.sovmusic.ru/mp3/dratsya.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...I/ehdorogi.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/9_...alkanskimi.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...oda_i_haty.mp3
http://www.sovmusic.ru/mp3/konez.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...a_lubimaya.mp3
http://www.sovmusic.ru/mp3/patriot.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/Ma...agi_sozgli.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...cky_Mounts.mid
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...y-samopaly.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...naya_voina.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/war/v_pohod.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...vinogradov.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...va_maksima.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/b...r/vintovka.mp3
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/vzemlya2.mp3
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/vzemlyan.mp3
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...r02_sluchainiy vals.WAV

Marches

http://www.sovmusic.ru/mp3/fleet.mp3
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...raktoristy.mp3
http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/Do...illeristov.mp3
[url]http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/Do_voini/marsh_sovetskih_letchikov.mp3/url]
[url]http://poisk-pesni.narod.ru/Songs/Do_voini/marsh_sovetskih_tankistov.mp3/url]
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...hnyj_marsh.mp3

ENJOY

Additional links:

"Small light"
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...ev-ogonyok.mp3

"My dear Moscow" (anthem of Moscow)

http://www.sovmusic.ru/mp3/dormsk.mp3

"What is Motherland is starting with"
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/m...sya_Rodina.wav

"Firewell of Slav woman" , 1912

"Nightingales", 1950
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...dov-solovi.mp3

"Dark night", 1943
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...mnaja_noch.mp3

"Meeting March" record 1939
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/w...hnyj_marsh.mp3

"Yablochko" (record 1940)
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/waltz/jablochko.mp3

"Khasan lake fights", record ~1938
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/b...zera_hasan.mp3
files from http://music.nonymous777.com and http://www.music2000.krovatka.net
initially are available from http://www.hot.ee/nostalgie/war.htm

(only single flow download!!!)
Old 26 Nov 04, 07:52
Russia

New links added to the top post.
Majority of MP3 files were deleted from my site due to lack of space. Instead of it I provided direct links to sources for download them
Old 26 Nov 04, 11:10
General
Russia

- an unknown singer – 5749 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/kennedy.mp3

“James Kennedy”

I suppose that this song will be pleasant for Westerners. This Soviet WWII-time song is dedicated to the bravery of the Allied seamen who took part in the Northern Convoys during WWII.

I never heard it before but I liked it very much. And I sensed very much cordiality and respect to the Allied seamen in this song.

“James Kennedy”

(Translated by Andrey)

The captain of the destroyer is
James Kennedy!
The pride of the Fleet of Englishmen is
James Kennedy!
You are that person, in whom girls are enamored,
James Kennedy,
The girls of your country are whispering:
[indecipherable]

Only at a sea,
Only at a sea, -
And it is undoubtedly true! -
Only at a sea,
Only at a sea,
A seaman can be happy!

The admiral called James:
“James Kennedy!
I heard that you are not a coward,
James Kennedy.
A valuable cargo entrusted to you,
James Kennedy.
You will go in USSR, to our friends,
James Kennedy!"

Only at a sea,
Only at a sea, -
Only at a sea,
Only at a sea,
A seaman can be happy!

It is a storm and a fog at a sea.
James Kennedy!
But the captain is valiant,
James Kennedy!
He is leading the cargo through storms,
James Kennedy!
And he sings even during a storm,
James Kennedy!

[then music plays the melody of the refrain]

Suddenly he sees a German periscope.
James Kennedy!
And he shouts: “Engine, stop!”
James Kennedy!
He beats the German very exactly.
James Kennedy!
And Frits [1] screamed already at the sea’s bottom:
“James Kennedy!”

Only at a sea,
Only at a sea, -
Only at a sea,
Only at a sea,
A seaman can be happy!

He hears an evil howling from the top,
James Kennedy!
There is a “Messershmitt” [2] over his head,
James Kennedy!
But play is easy and now,
James Kennedy!
He shot off tail of the German plane,
James Kennedy!

Only at a sea,
Only at a sea, -
Only at a sea,
Only at a sea,
A seaman can be happy!

He was wounded twice but he arrived,
James Kennedy!
He leaded the cargo in the Soviet port,
James Kennedy!
”Oh, you fought very gamely, sir,
James Kennedy!”
”I am the British officer
James Kennedy!”

Only at a sea,
Only at a sea, -
Only at a sea,
Only at a sea,
A seaman can be happy!

And he is ready to go back
James Kennedy!
The friend of the Soviet seamen,
James Kennedy!
Everyone shouts: “Happy sailing,
James Kennedy!
Never forget,
James Kennedy!”

Only at a sea,
Only at a sea, -
Only at a sea,
Only at a sea,
A seaman can be happy!

And under the hail of enemy bullets
James Kennedy
Is going in Murmansk and in Liverpool,
James Kennedy!
And the British officer
James Kennedy
Carries the decoration of USSR,
James Kennedy!

Only at a sea,
Only at a sea, -
Only at a sea,
Only at a sea,
A seaman can be happy!

Remarks of Andrey:
[1] “Frits” was a Russian common name of German man like “Ivan” is a Western common name of Russian man in the West
[2] “Messershmitt” is Russian nickname of German Bf109 fighter

"Dzheims Kennedi"

Na esmintse kapitan -
Dzheims Kennedi!
Gordost' flota anglichan -
Dzheims Kennedi!
Ne v tebia li vliubleny,
Dzheims Kennedi,
Shepchut devushki strany:
[nerazborchivo]

Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Mozhet schastliv byt' moriak!

Vyzval Dzheimsa admiral:
"Dzheims Kennedi!
Vy ne trus, kak ia slykhal,
Dzheims Kennedi.
Tsennyi gruz doveren Vam,
Dzheims Kennedi.
V SSSR idti k druz'iam,
Dzheims Kennedi!"

Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,

Shtorm na more i tuman.
Dzheims Kennedi!
No otvazhen kapitan -
Dzheims Kennedi!
Cherez shtormy gruz vediot
Dzheims Kennedi!
No i v buriu on poiot,
Dzheims Kennedi!

[dalee pripev igraet muzyka]

Vdrug nemetskii periskop.
Dzheims Kennedi!
I krichit: "Mashina, stop!"
Dzheims Kennedi!
Ochen' tochno nemtsa b'iot
Dzheims Kennedi!
Frits na dne uzhe oriot:
"Dzheims Kennedi!"

Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,

Slyshit sverkhu zlobnyi voi
Dzheims Kennedi!
"Messershmitt" nad golovoi.
Dzheims Kennedi!
No igra i zdes' prosta.
Dzheims Kennedi!
Sdelal nemtsa bez khvosta
Dzheims Kennedi!

Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,

Ranen dvazhdy, no prishiol
Dzheims Kennedi!
Gruz v sovetskii port priviol
Dzheims Kennedi!
- Kak vy khrabro dralis', ser,
Dzheims Kennedi!
- Ia - Britanskii ofitser
Dzheims Kennedi!

Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,

I v obratnyi put' gotov
Dzheims Kennedi!
Drug sovetskikh moriakov,
Dzheims Kennedi!
Vse krichat "V schastlivyi put',
Dzheims Kennedi!
Nikogda ne pozabud',
Dzheims Kennedi!"

Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,

A pod gradom vrazh'ikh pul'
Dzheims Kennedi!
Khodit v Murmansk, v Liverpul'
Dzheims Kennedi!
I britanskii ofitser
Dzheims Kennedi
Nosit orden SSSR.
Dzheims Kennedi!

Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Bezuslovno, eto tak!
Tol'ko v more,
Tol'ko v more,

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:24..
Old 26 Nov 04, 19:50
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvas
New links added to the top post.
Majority of MP3 files were deleted from my site due to lack of space. Instead of it I provided direct links to sources for download them
Take care with links on other sites.

In this case we are dependent from will of tat sote's owners.

I suppose that you wil return songs in your site whren you will have enough space.

And I suppose that youreleased place in site for new songs< isn't it?

And comments to you changing:

1. Delete marsh_traktoristy.

It is "3 tankmen" without words

2. You placed at least two new songs ("Meet us, Suomi-beaty" abd "3 tankmen") between old songs.

And here are links on "Suomi..." and "Khasan..." songs with better quality
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/suomi2.mp3
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/hasan.mp3

It is "3 tankmen" in good quality which is singed by Nikolay Kriuchkov in movie "Tractor men".
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/3tankis4.mp3
I heard this song how it was singed by Kobzon abd I didn't like it. kriuchkov is better.

3. May be, it is time for you to write names for all songs? It is not difficult to do now.

4. I offer to make single paragraph with sings without words.

Last edited by Andrey; 26 Nov 04 at 22:06..
Old 26 Nov 04, 22:37
General
Russia

- Georgii Vinogradov (the record of 1939) – 2314 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/suomi2.mp3

“Receive us as guests, Suomi-beaty”
[Suomi is the Finnish name of Finland - Andrey]

This song will make glad those our Finnish, Estonian and Polish “friends” who suppose that USSR was a absolutely Evil Empire -; - ).

It is the very famous Soviet song of the time of the Finnish War of 1939-40 (this war is known as “Winter War” in Finland). But Soviet people in 70-80th and modern Russians do not know this song.

I want to say that the music and the voice of the singer are great. But text . . . I have to admit that I was ashamed when I translated the last three couplets of the song. It was the wrong war. . . .

But I again want to repeat that the music and the voice are great so it will be very good thing for listening for the Westerners who don’t understand the meaning of words.

“Receive us as guests, Suomi-beaty”

(Translated by Andrey)

The frontier miser horizon is curling
By a pine forest on slopes.
Receive us as guests, Suomi-beaty,
Dressed in the necklace of clear lakes!

Tanks are making wide cuttings,
Planes are whirling in clouds,
The low autumnal sun sparks
The lights on bayonets.

We are accustomed to know victories
And we again are carrying our Red-Star glory
In combats
On the roads which were footworn by our grandfathers.

Too much false were fabricated in these years
For muddling up the Finnish people.
So open trustingly halves of wide gate
For us now!

Neither buffoons nor cracked scribblers
Will embarrass your hearts more.
Your Motherland was taken away more than once
And we came to return it to you.

We are going to help you to punish,
To be quits with an interest for a shame.
Receive us as guests, Suomi-beaty
Dressed in necklace of clear lakes!

"Prinimai nas, Suomi-krasavitsa"

Sosniakom po otkosam kudriavitsia
Pogranichnyi skupoi krugozor.
Prinimai nas, Suomi - krasavitsa,
V ozherel'e prozrachnykh ozior!

Lomiat tanki shirokie proseki,
Samolioty kruzhat v oblakakh,
Nevysokoe solnyshko oseni
Zazhigaet ogni na shtykakh.

My privykli bratat'sia s pobedami,
I opiat' my pronosim v boiu
Po dorogam, iskhozhennym dedami,
Krasnozviozdnuiu slavu svoiu.

Mnogo lzhi v eti gody navercheno,
Chtob zaputat' finliandskii narod.
Raskryvai zhe teper' nam doverchivo
Polovinki shirokikh vorot!

Ni shutam, ni pisakam iurodivym
Bol'she vashikh serdets ne smutit'.
Otnimali ne raz vashu rodinu -
My prishli vam eio vozvratit'.

My prikhodim pomoch' vam raspravit'sia,
Rasplatit'sia s likhvoi za pozor.
Prinimai nas, Suomi - krasavitsa ,
V ozherel'e prozrachnykh ozer!

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:24..
Old 29 Nov 04, 11:26
General
Russia

- Leonid Utiosov (Nikolai Kriuchkov???) – 2791 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/3tankis4.mp3
- an unknown singer – 3399 Kb
http://music.nonymous777.com/files/tri_tankista.mp3
- an unknown singer – 4884 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/3tankist.mp3

“Three Tankmen”

It is a very famous song. It was made in the time when a large danger of a war with Japan was real. Japan militaries acted very impudently so the two border conflicts - in the region of the Khasan Lake in 1938 and in the region of Khalkhin Gol (in the West it is known as “Nomongan conflict”) in 1939, - occurred. In both the conflicts Japanese invasions on Soviet territory (Mongolian one in the second case) were repelled by Red Army. It looks like the song was made on the basis of the events in the region of the Khasan Lake.

This song was singed in the famous pre-war movie “Tractor men”. A former military gets the post of the team-leader of the tractor men’s group, tightens up discipline and learns his subordinates to prepare to be drivers of tanks in the case of an enemy invasion.

This song stayed very popular and during WWII. I read memoirs of the WWII veteran who recalled how a Soviet tankman played on a bayan and singed this song in a captured German town in 1945.

“Three Tankmen”

(Translated by Andrey)

Some lowering black clouds move on the state border,
The inclement land is filled by silence.
The high banks of the Amur River are securing by
The sentries of the Motherland who are standing there.
The sentries of the Motherland who are standing there.

A firm covering force is placed there against an enemy.
A valiant and strong unit is standing
Nearly the border of the Far Eastern land -
It is an armored shock battalion.
It is an armored shock battalion.

Three tankmen, three merry friends,
They are the crew of a combat vehicle,
Live there like an inviolable firm family –
And the song guarantees that it is true.
Three tankmen, three merry friends,
They are the crew of a combat vehicle.

Some thick dew fell on grass,
Wide fogs fell on a ground.
Samurais decided to cross the border
Nearly the river in this night.
Samurais decided to cross the border
Nearly the river in this night.

But the intelligence reported exactly
And the powerful unit was given by an order and became to move
On the native Far Eastern land -
It was the armored shock battalion.
It was the armored shock battalion.

Tanks were rushing, raising a wind,
The redoubtable armor was advancing.
And Samurais were falling to a ground
Under the pressure of steel and a fire.
And Samurais were falling to a ground
Under the pressure of steel and a fire.

And all the enemies were eliminated - and the song guarantees that it is true, -
In the fire attack
By three tankmen, three merry friends,
Who are the crew of a combat vehicle!
By three tankmen, three merry friends,
Who are the crew of a combat vehicle!

"Tri tankista"

Na granitse tuchi khodiat khmuro,
Krai surovyi tishinoi ob'iat.
U vysokikh beregov Amura
Chasovye Rodiny stoiat.
Chasovye Rodiny stoiat.

Tam vragu zaslon postavlen prochnyi,
Tam stoit, otvazhen i silen,
U granits zemli dal'nevostochnoi
Bronevoi udarnyi batal'on.

Tam zhivut - i pesnia v tom poruka -
Nerushimoi krepkoiu sem'ioi
Tri tankista, tri veselykh druga -
Ekipazh mashiny boevoi.
Tri tankista, tri vesiolykh druga -
Ekipazh mashiny boevoi.

Na travu legla rosa gustaia,
Polegli tumany shiroki.
V etu noch' reshili samurai
Pereiti granitsu u reki.
V etu noch' reshili samurai
Pereiti granitsu u reki.

No razvedka dolozhila tochno -
I poshiol, komandoiu vzmetion,
Po rodnoi zemle dal'nevostochnoi

Mchalis' tanki, veter podymaia,
Nastupala groznaia bronia.
I leteli nazem' samurai
Pod naporom stali i ognia.
I leteli nazem' samurai
Pod naporom stali i ognia.

I dobili - pesnia v tom poruka -
Vsekh vragov v atake ognevoi
Ekipazh mashiny boevoi!
Ekipazh mashiny boevoi!

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:23..
Sponsored Links

Old 30 Nov 04, 19:18
General
Russia

I hope that Amvas will upload it...

“Song about the Dnepr”

It is a very good song. One Soviet singer recalled how their ensemble singed it in 1943 before the soldiers who had to cross the Dnepr soon. Soldiers were very excited to the end of the song, and during the last words one soldier jumped up and shouted: "Let's do it! Let's cross the Dnepr!"

When anyone is listening this song it is possible to feel how the Dnepr is mighty and what strong forces were rasing to the east from the Dnepr for repelling of the German invaders...

“Song about the Dnepr”

(Translated by Andrey)

It was nearly riverside rods, nearly high steep slopes
Where we loved and grew up.
Oh, Dnepr, Dnepr, you are wide and mighty,
Cranes are flying over you.
Oh, Dnepr, Dnepr, you are wide and mighty,
Cranes are flying over you.

You saw combat, the Dnepr-Father River,
You saw how we went into attack under a mountain.
Every soldier who fought for the Dnepr will live for centuries [1]
If he fought as a hero.
Every soldier who fought for the Dnepr will live for centuries [1]
If he fought as a hero.

An enemy attacked us and we had to leave the Dnepr
A mortal combat roared like a thunderstorm
Oh, Dnepr, Dnepr, you flow far off from us,
And your wave is clean like a tear.
Oh, Dnepr, Dnepr, you flow far off from us,
And your wave is clean like a tear.

An enemy drank some water from your rapids,
He choked by that water.
The glorious hour came, we began to move forward
And we met with you again.
The glorious hour came, we began to move forward
And we met with you again.

Let the blood of the Fascists-“dogs” will flow like a river stream,
An enemy will not be owner of the Soviet land.
Our Army, our people will sweep away
All enemies like the spring Dnepr do it with any obstackles.
Our Army, our people will sweep away
All enemies like the spring Dnepr do it with any obstackles.

Remarks of Andrey
[1] it means “in memory of many generations of people”

"Pesnia o Dnepre"

U pribrezhnykh loz, u vysokikh kruch
I liubili my, i rosli.
Oi, Dnepro, Dnepro, ty shirok, moguch,
Nad toboi letiat zhuravli.
Oi, Dnepro, Dnepro, ty shirok, moguch,
Nad toboi letiat zhuravli.

Ty uvidel boi, Dnepr-otets reka,
My v ataku shli pod goroi.
Kto pogib za Dnepr, budet zhit' v vekakh,
Kol' srazhalsia on, kak geroi.
Kto pogib za Dnepr, budet zhit' v vekakh,
Kol' srazhalsia on, kak geroi.

Vrag napal na nas, my s Dnepra ushli,
Smertnyi boi gremel, kak groza.
Oi, Dnepro, Dnepro, ty techesh' vdali,
I volna tvoia, kak sleza.
Oi, Dnepro, Dnepro, ty techesh' vdali,
I volna tvoia, kak sleza.

Iz tvoikh stremnin vorog vodu pil,
Zakhlebnulsia on toi vodoi.
Slavnyi chas nastal, my poshli vperiod
I uvidelis' vnov' s toboi.
Slavnyi chas nastal, my poshli vperiod
I uvidelis' vnov' s toboi.

Krov' fashistskikh psov pust' rekoi techiot,
Vrag sovetskii krai ne voz'miot.
Kak vesennii Dnepr, vsekh vragov smetiot
Nasha armiia, nash narod.
Kak vesennii Dnepr, vsekh vragov smetiot
Nasha armiia, nash narod.

Last edited by Andrey; 26 Dec 04 at 08:03..
Old 30 Nov 04, 20:00
General
Russia

- Mark Reizen (the record of 1942) – 4776 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/zavkamen.mp3
- Mark Reizen with the Ensemble of a song of the All-Union Radio Committee under the management of B.A. Alexandrov (the record of 1947) – 2387 Kb
http://retro.samnet.ru/music/phono/s...etny_kamen.mp3

“The Fond Stone”

It is a great song of Black Sea’s seamen of WWII.

Listening this song it is possible to feel mind of Black Sea’s sailors who had to leave their dear land and who promised to return at any price. This song shows very well the soul of Soviet Black Sea’s seamen, their unbending spirit.

“The Fond Stone”

(Translated by Andrey)

The wide Black Sea is raising
Cold waves like an avalanche.
Last sailor [1] left Sevastopol’,
He is going out through the resistance of waves,
And threatening wide blusterous billow
Was breaking one a wave after other one against ship's boat,
And a land is not seen
In a hazy expanse,
Ships went out far away.
Chorus:
And a land is not seen
In a hazy expanse,
Ships went out far away.

Friends-seamen found and took the hero,
Stormy water was boiling.
He compressed a stone by his becoming blue hand
And said quietly, dying:
“When I was leaving the dear cliff
I took away a piece of granite with me.
I do it because I want
That people who are far from the Crimean land
Could not forget about this land.
Chorus:
I do it because I want
That people who are far from the Crimean land
Could not forget about this land…”

This stone went through storms and strong gales
And it was placed worthy on its original place.
Familiar sea gull waved by its wings,
And the heart became to beat calmly.
Black Sea’s sailor went up on the cliff,
This sailor brought new glory for the Motherland.
And some ships are going
In a peaceful expanse,
They are going under the sun of the native land.
Chorus:
And some ships are going
In a peaceful expanse,
They are going under the sun of the native land…

Remarks of Andrey:
[1] “sailor” means and “sailor from ship”, and “Marine” here, during Sevastopol’s defense many ordinary sailors fought as a Marines.

"Zavetnyi kamen'"

Kholodnye volny vzdymaet lavinoi
Shirokoe Chiornoe more.
Poslednii matros Sevastopol' pokinul,
Ukhodit on, s volnami sporia.
I groznyi, shirokii, bushuiushchii val
O shliupku volnu za volnoi razbival,
V tumannoi dali
Ne vidno zemli,
Ushli daleko korabli.
Khor:
V tumannoi dali
Ne vidno zemli,
Ushli daleko korabli.

Druz'ia-moriaki podobrali geroia,
Kipela voda shtormovaia.
On kamen' szhimal posinevshei rukoiu
I tikho skazal, umiraia:
"Kogda pokidal ia rodimyi utes,
S soboiu kusochek granita unios...
I tak, chtob vdali
Ot krymskoi zemli,
O nei my zabyt' ne mogli.
Khor:
I tak, chtob vdali
Ot krymskoi zemli,
O nei my zabyt' ne mogli…"

Skvoz' buri i shtormy proshiol etot kamen',
I stal on na mesto dostoino.
Znakomaia chaika vzmakhnula krylami,
I serdtse zabilos' spokoino.
Vzoshiol na utes chernomorskii matros,
Kto Rodine novuiu slavu prinios,
I v mirnoi dali
Idut korabli
Pod solntsem rodimoi zemli.
Khor:
I v mirnoi dali
Idut korabli
Pod solntsem rodimoi zemli…

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:22..
Old 30 Nov 04, 22:26
General
Russia

- Leonid Utiosov (the record of 1943) -2759 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/o_chem.mp3

"What are you grieving about, comrade seaman?"

It is the very sad song of Soviet WWII-time seamen.

"What are you grieving about, comrade seaman?"

(Translated by Andrey)

What are you grieving about, comrade seaman?
Your accordion groans and cries,
And the hatbands [1] hang like a mourning flag
Say us, what does it mean?

We that it were you, seaman, who fought heroically
Against enemies in a hand-to-hand fighting.
So what did disturb your heart?
Answer us, comrade, in a familiar way.

”Friends, I shall tell you about my grief,
I shall not keep back anything from you, -
I carry an invisible wound inside of my heart,
It is the bloody, smarting wound.

There are torments which are worse than a death,
They fell to my lot -
Fascists-"dogs" did violence
To my proud and pure beloved girl.

They took away her for shame and for disgrace,
they bound her tender hands…
Her father is wounded, her brother is killed,
Her she-friends wrote me about it.

I lost them and when I close my eyes
In the darkness of nights
I see my beloved girl in the hands of butchers
And bite my lips up to blood.

And I have rest neither at the night nor at the day,
I pant with fury.
And I revel in revenge
Only during an attack, only under the fire in a combat…”

The accordion is grieving together with its owner
It is sobbing and is groaning:
"Oh, I want only to hear the command "Open fire!" as soon as possible
And to rush in a mortal combat!"

Remarks of Andrey:
[1] it is about the hatbands on a sailor's peakless cap

"O chiom ty toskuesh', tovarishch moriak"

O chiom ty toskuesh', tovarishch moriak?
Garmon' tvoia stonet i plachet,
I lenty povisli, kak traurnyi flag...
Skazhi nam, chto vsio eto znachit?

Ne ty li, moriak, v rukopashnom boiu
S vragami srazhalsia geroiski, -
Tak chto zhe vstrevozhilo dushu tvoiu?
Skazhi nam, tovarishch, po-svoiski.

"Druz'ia, svoio gore ia vam rasskazhu,
Ot vas ia skryvat'sia ne stanu, -
Nezrimuiu ranu ia v serdtse noshu,
Krovavuiu, zhguchuiu ranu.

Est' muki, kotorye smerti strashnei,
Oni mne na doliu dostalis' -
Nad gordoi i svetloi liubov'iu moei
Fashistskie psy nadrugalis'.

Eio uveli na pozor i na styd,
Skrutili ei nezhnye ruki...
Otets eio ranen, bratishka ubit, -
Tak mne napisali podrugi.

Ia ikh poterial i vo mrake nochei,
Lish' tol'ko glaza zakryvaiu,
Liubov' moiu vizhu v rukakh palachei,
I v krov' svoi guby kusaiu.

I net mne pokoia ni noch'iu, ni dniom,
Ot iarosti ia zadykhaius',
I tol'ko v atake, v boiu pod ogniom
Ia mest'iu svoei upivaius'…"

S khoziainom vmeste toskuet garmon',
Rydaet i stonet trekhriadka:
"Skorei by uslyshat' komandu "Ogon'!"
I brosit'sia v smertnuiu skhvatku!"

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:22..
Old 01 Dec 04, 01:13
General
Russia

- A. Eshpai (???) – 3212 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/serezhka.mp3
- Mark Bernes – 553 Kb
http://ussrmusic.narod.ru/music/b/Be...loiBronnoi.mp3

"Seriozhka from the Malaia Bronnaia Street"

It is a very sad after-war song. Famous Mark Bernes (the actor, who singed the "Dark night" song in the movie "Two soldiers" in 1942) sings it.

"Seriozhka from Malaya Bronnaia Street"

(Translated by Andrey)

Two guys lie inside the damp ground
In the fields behind the sleepy Vistula [1].
These guys are Seriozhka [2] from Malaya Bronnaia Street [3]
And Vit'ka [4] from Mokhovaia Street [5].

But the place is somewhere in the populous World
Where their mothers do not sleep
In their empty flats
For many years the last years.

The inflamed light of a lamp
Is shining over Moscow
In an window on the Malaya Bronnaia Street
And in an window on the Mokhovaia Street.

They will never gather with their friends in nearby region,
Motion pictures are shown without them,
All the girls, who were their she-friends,
Are married long time ago.

But the saved World -
the eternal World eternal, the alive World, - remembers
About Seriozhka from the Malaya Bronnaia Street
And Vit'ka from the Mokhovaia Street!

About Seriozhka from the Malaya Bronnaia Street
And Vit'ka from the Mokhovaia Street!

Remarks of Andrey:
[1] The Vistula is a large river in Poland.
[2] Seriozhka is the very familiar version of the name Sergey,
[3],[5] The Malaya Bronnaia Street and the Mokhovaia Street are Moscow’s streets
[4] Vit'ka is the very familiar version of the name Viktor,

"Seriozhka s Maloi Bronnoi"

V poliakh za Visloi sonnoi
Lezhat v zemle syroi
Seriozhka s Maloi Bronnoi
I Vit'ka s Mokhovoi.

A gde-to v liudnom mire,
Kotoryi god podriad,
Odni v pustoi kvartire
Ikh materi ne spiat.

Svet lampy vospalionnyi
Pylaet nad Moskvoi
V okne na Maloi Bronnoi,
V okne na Mokhovoi.

Druz'iam ne vstat' v okruge,
Bez nikh idet kino,
Devchonki, ikh podrugi,
Vse zamuzhem davno.

No pomnit mir spasionnyi,
Mir vechnyi, mir zhivoi,
Seriozhku s Maloi Bronnoi
I Vit'ku s Mokhovoi!

Seriozhku s Maloi Bronnoi
I Vit'ku s Mokhovoi!

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:21..
Old 01 Dec 04, 02:42
General
Russia

- Leonid Utiosov – 4194 Kb
http://download.sovmusic.ru/m/dnem_i_n.mp3

"For days and for nights"

It is Leonid Utesov's good song of the last period of WWII. It is not well known now but it is a good song with excellent music.

"For days and for nights"

(Translated by Andrey)

One day fate sent
Kolomna's depreciated tired portable gramophone [1]
In the 3rd Battalion.
And an affecting girlish voice
Singed us on the halts
On alien roads.

Woman's voice:
"For days and for nights,
My beloved man, remember about me!
For days and for nights,
Do it in far alien country.
For days and for nights,
I am singing for you
Because I want you to save my love
In the alien land
For days and for nights."

Everyone dreamed
And repeated,
For days and for nights.,
Everyone repeated the refrain of this song
For days and for nights.

It was somewhere nearly Warsaw
Where Kolomna's “poor fellow”-portable gramophone
Was hit by a mortar shell and became silent.
Its songs are not heard more
In halts.
Bloody cruel combats were in that time.

For days and for nights,
And soldiers were going forward.
For days and for nights
We were going forward through the fords of rivers.
For days and for nights.
We were going, following enemy, with combats,
We were going through dust, we were going through snow,
We were going through snowstorms, we were going through blizzards
For days and for nights.

Everyone marched
And recalled
For days and for nights,
He recalled his beloved girl
For days and for nights.

The soldiers met
And their fiancees, and their wives -
The old depreciated portable gramophone didn't tell lies for them
But I had no wife
And have no wife now.
But my heart remembers
This war-time song.

For days and for nights
I sing this song not in vain.
For days and for nights
I search my dream,
For days and for nights,
Saving into my heart the faithfulness to the girl,
Who leaded me in combat
And who saved me from an enemy fire
For days and for nights.

I search my dream
For days and for nights,
Like seaman in far seas,
I do it
For days and for nights,
For days and for nights.

Remarks of Andrey:
[1] - Kolomna is an old Russian town

"Dniom i noch'iu"

Zaneslo sud'boiu
V 3-ii batal'on
Staren'kii kolomenskii ustalyi patefon.
Pel nam na privalakh
U chuzhikh dorog
Trogatel'nyi devichii pechal'nyi golosok:

Zhenskii golos:
"Dniom i noch'iu,
Milyi, pomni obo mne!
Dniom i noch'iu,
V chuzhedal'nei storone,
Dniom i noch'iu,
Ia zatem tebe poiu,
Chtoby ty liubov' moiu
Sberegal v chuzhom kraiu,
Dniom i noch'iu"

Kazhdyi mechtal
I povtorial,
Dniom i noch'iu,
Etoi pesenki pripev,
Dniom i noch'iu.

Gde-to pod Varshavoi
Minoi byl srazhion,
Zamolchal kolomenskii bedniaga-patefon.
Smolkli na privalakh
Pesenki tvoi.
Shli togda krovavye zhestokie boi

Dniom i noch'iu.
I soldaty shli vperiod.
Dniom i noch'iu.
Cherez reki shli my vbrod.
Dniom i noch'iu.
Shli s boiami vsled vragu,
Shli v pyli, shli v snegu,
Shli v meteli, shli i v purgu.
Dniom i noch'iu.

Kazhdyi shagal
I vspominal,
Dniom i noch'iu,
Vspominal liubov' svoiu.
Dniom i noch'iu.

Vstretili soldaty
I nevest i zhion.
Ne sovral im staren'kii razbityi patefon.
No ne bylo i netu
U menia zheny,
No trevozhit serdtse
Eta pesenka s voiny.

Dniom i noch'iu
Ia ne zria eio poiu.
Dniom i noch'iu
Ia ishchu mechtu moiu,
Dniom i noch'iu,
V serdtse vernost' sokhrania,
K toi, chto v boi vela menia
I spasala ot ognia,
Dniom i noch'iu.

Slovno moriak
V dal'nikh moriakh,
Dniom i noch'iu,
Ia ishchu mechtu moiu
Dniom i noch'iu,
Dniom noch'iu.

Last edited by Andrey; 04 Jan 05 at 01:21..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!