StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 29 Aug 10, 20:10
General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200]
And here is the Original "Modavian Darki"

Old 29 Aug 10, 20:29
General
Canada

Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200]
"The Saintly War" narrated by Ernst Busch (in german)

Old 24 Nov 10, 15:25
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I tried to find this song here but it seems like it hasn't been posted by anyone yet.

A funny song and a field guide to Soviet WW2 aircraft

"U-2"s (aka Po-2), despite their diminuitive and harmless looks, were piloted by several Heroes of the Soviet Union, most notably by the "Night Witches"

Music: V. Solovyov-Sedoy Lyrics: S. Fogelson

Once you have a good job
Good words spread far around
Three friends, three pilots
Flew their U-2's

A plywood tail and wings
Its speed is very slow
But the friends loved their airplane
most of all on Earth

Refrain:
At walking pace through heavens
They barely stay in flight
Here's one "U-2" and two "U-2"
And three - "U-2"!

There served three pilots
And that's what the first one said:
"There is no faster airplane
than our fighter Yak".

But may it be faster than wind
It's pretty hard to land.
And I need just four meters
And here I'm on the ground!"

Ref:
And three - "U-2"!

There served three pilots
And then the second spoke:
"Of all airplanes the most awsome
Is the armoured "Il".

But when it comes to repairs
He needs a train car load
But give me a plywood crate
And I'm as good as new!"

Ref:
And three - "U-2"!

And then the third pilot
Added a few words:
"Of all airplanes for bombing
the winner's "Petlyakov"

But that's a pretty hard thing
To drop bombs on the move
And I can hit any target
When I am standing still!"

Ref:
And three - "U-2"!

The order comes: "To airplanes!"
And all the chat is gone
And each of the pilots
Prepares his motor

And each one of the pilots
Prepares his "U-2"
Once you have a good job
Good words spread far around

Ref:
And three - "U-2"!

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Old 26 Dec 10, 09:43
Banned
Viet_Nam

sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400]
Farewell of Slavianka ( prashaj slavianki ) , what a great war song.

However as i know, it was not originally composed by the Russian , it comes from some country in East Europe.
Old 27 Dec 10, 07:04
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyworm View Post

However as i know, it was not originally composed by the Russian , it comes from some country in East Europe.
It was composed by the Russian composer Agapkin who wrote it as a dedication to Serbian soldiers in the war of 1912-13. Maybe this is the reason for your confusion.

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Sponsored Links

Old 27 Dec 10, 08:41
Banned
Viet_Nam

sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400] sleepyworm has a serious attitude problem [-400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAA View Post
It was composed by the Russian composer Agapkin who wrote it as a dedication to Serbian soldiers in the war of 1912-13. Maybe this is the reason for your confusion.
sposhibo,

Such another great song : Ja proshu ...., as i knew , it was composed after WW2 , but getting famous in USSR community because of an intelligence film about late WW2 : 17 moments of Spring, the intro music of this film is also converted from this great song.

Last edited by sleepyworm; 27 Dec 10 at 19:10..
Old 27 Dec 10, 19:21
Banned
Viet_Nam

Marching songs

Another great Russian marching songs i wanna share here to you, especially to non-Russian people.
The most beautiful war is the resistant war for defending motherland. That´s why the Russian war songs in WW2 are so awesome ! . i think.

Victory Parade over German Fascists at Red Square, Moscow 2005
Background music: Farewell of Slavianka, March of Moscow defenders, Katyusha, Sacred war

Old 30 Dec 10, 06:46
Brigadier General
Russia

Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100] Fareasterner has demonstrated strength of character [100]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3_pQ...eature=related
"Russian road" Recent song about WWII by Igor Rasteryaev
Old 15 Jan 11, 13:09
ACG Forums - Africanus Majoris
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 

Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Colonel Sennef has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyworm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAA View Post

Не забудь же прощанье Славянки,Сокровенно в душе повтори!
This line brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.
Old 01 Feb 11, 11:12
Brigadier General
Germany
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300] Kimi is on a distinguished road [300]
I especially like this one:

Flammenden Blick.
Old 03 Apr 11, 12:08
Banned
Germany
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100] Ricthofen has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Anyone posted this yet? This is one of the most famous songs of the War.

Old 31 Oct 11, 18:50
Major General
Viet_Nam
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200] altus is walking in the light [200]
Шел ленинградский паренек

Hi,

I've finally found it. Ura!

Музыка: Г.К.Камолдинов
Слова: В.И.Лебедев-Кумач

1. Шёл ленинградский паренёк,
Был путь неровен и далёк ...
и где б ни ходил он,
Повсюду носил он
Солдатский простой котелок.

2. Мы шли, чтобы Родину спасти,
Немало нам пришлось итти ...
А встретится хата, -
И примет солдата
На трудном военном пути.

3. Мелькнет нежданный огонёк,
Дивчина выйдет на порог,
И ранней порою
Наполнит водою
Солдатский простой котелок.

4. Была та ночка не легка-
В бою убили паренька ...
А вышли из боя,
И имя героя
Прочли мы на дне котелка.

5. Блеснул долгожданный огонёк,
Пришла расплата, вышел срок.
Поклялись герою
Берлинской водою
Наполнить его котелок

Quote:
Originally Posted by altus View Post
Hi, Russian experts

I'm a Vietnamese. Back in the 70s and 80s, when I was in school, and when Vietnam and CCCP maintained close relations in almost every aspects of life, I learned many Soviet WWII era songs in their Vietnamese version. Many of them constitute a fond memory of my childhood.

Several years ago, with the marvel of the Internet, most notably Napster (RIP) , I managed to track down most of these songs in their original Russian version, and I enjoyed them anew immensely. To name a few: "Orlionok" or "Vetcher na reide".

However, there is a prominent exception. I haven't been able, during the years, to locate a song, which back then in Vietnamese was entitled "Leningrad Boy". I still can remember most of the lyrics (unfortunately only in Vietnamese) after 30 years. It went like this (rough translation from Vietnamese ):

In the City of Lenin,
there was a little boy,
wandering days and nights,
on narrow streets.
Everywhere he went,
he carried with him,
a water canteen,
like heroic Red Army soldiers.

[snip to make it short]

A girl came to meet the marching soldiers,
The morning, she went there,
Fetched this deliciously cold water,
and presented the boy with this full canteen.

Then came that night of intense fighting,
the boy valiantly sacrificed himself,
when the bombs stopped falling,
at the bottom of the canteen,
there his name was carved.

The glittering fire of hatred erupted,
The hour has come,
We swear to fight the enemy to the death,
We promise you, little boy,
That we'll bring you,
a full canteen of Berlin's water,
to your grave.

Perhaps any of you may recall what is the original Soviet song title, lyrics, place to download? I'll be immensely obliged!

Thank you,
Old 23 Nov 11, 18:33
Banned
Viet_Nam

WaterBuffalo has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
"Gde-to daleko" in color. I love Russian songs

Old 24 Nov 11, 04:16
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by altus View Post
Hi,

I've finally found it. Ura!

2 versions

Choir version

Narodnaya version

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!