StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > The Middle East > Syrian Civil War, 2011 - ?

Notices and Announcements

Syrian Civil War, 2011 - ? From a local uprising to a proxy war, we discuss the chaos in Syria.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 16, 08:00
Colonel
Croatia

hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99]
Palmyra is liberated!
Russian airforce are in process of exterminating running terrorists which retreat from Palmyra.

Xperia Z5 via Tapatalk
Old 27 Mar 16, 19:04
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker_gb View Post
Palmyra is liberated!
Russian airforce are in process of exterminating running terrorists which retreat from Palmyra.

Xperia Z5 via Tapatalk
Great news!
Old 28 Mar 16, 22:39
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...327-story.html

In Syria, militias armed by the Pentagon fight those armed by the CIA

Quote:
Syrian militias armed by different parts of the U.S. war machine have begun to fight each other on the plains between the besieged city of Aleppo and the Turkish border, highlighting how little control U.S. intelligence officers and military planners have over the groups they have financed and trained in the bitter five-year-old*civil war.

The fighting has intensified over the last two months, as*CIA-armed units and Pentagon-armed ones have repeatedly shot at each other while maneuvering through contested territory on the northern outskirts of Aleppo, U.S. officials and rebel leaders have confirmed.
Old 29 Mar 16, 04:00
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan88 View Post
http://www.latimes.com/world/middlee...327-story.html

In Syria, militias armed by the Pentagon fight those armed by the CIA
But, but, but the great Liberty-Promoting Goody-Good Western elites and their absolutely free from any government and power elite connections people-serving honestly-reporting media have always said they were all good guys through and through???

I guess this must be Obama's cunning plan. The Good Guys are only fighting each other to find out who of them is Gooder till no stone is left standing and finally the Best one will come out on top! Great solution for the Syrian people suffering from the Bad Boy Tyrant Assad!

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Old 30 Mar 16, 04:16
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAA View Post
(...)
DDR propaganda? The only word he inserted from himself was "relentless". The rest was a Spiegel article.
He changed to place of the word "massive" in order to suggest the *airstrikes* were massive, while the article suggested *the Russian help* to the Assad regime was massive, and quoted only one fact while ignoring the other.

DDR propaganda was subtle, unlike Russian propaganda.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Sponsored Links

Old 30 Mar 16, 04:44
Colonel
Croatia

hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99] hawker_gb is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
He changed to place of the word "massive" in order to suggest the *airstrikes* were massive, while the article suggested *the Russian help* to the Assad regime was massive, and quoted only one fact while ignoring the other.

Which is also subtle comparing to western propaganda.
" evil Putin kill my baby " etc....

Xperia Z5 via Tapatalk
Old 30 Mar 16, 04:52
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawker_gb View Post
Which is also subtle comparing to western propaganda.

" evil Putin kill my baby " etc....

Xperia Z5 via Tapatalk
I meant subtle I the sense that DDR propaganda was less about creating an external enemy and more about stressing the achievements of the communist system -

probably to do with the fact East and West Germans were not as prone to believe exaggerated lies about one another as for example Russians and US Americans are.

Selective quoting and subtle rearrangement of words.

Old 30 Mar 16, 09:15
General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200]
Quote:

Perhaps you should wake up from your fantasies hot shot, and use google yourself, when you copy and paste a sentence in your web-translater.

You might not always like the results, but do not blame me for it, or put words in my mouth i did not use. Or have I called you dishonest before, that you want to get back this way to me ? And you have not the slightest clue about my POV. Pretty low, I would say.
Old 30 Mar 16, 09:28
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konzev View Post
Perhaps you should (...)
Perhaps I should :

This is the original quote :

Quote:
(...) von der massiven Hilfe durch russische Luftangriffe.
This is what YOU posted :

Quote:
(...) With the help of massive and relentless Russian air strikes.
That's why I call DDR propaganda subtle.

Hidden in translation.

Here is as it should be :

Quote:
With massive help from Russian airstrikes.

Old 30 Mar 16, 09:30
General
Canada

Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200] Konzev is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Perhaps I should :

This is the original quote :

This is what YOU posted :

That's why I call DDR propaganda subtle.

Hidden in translation.
Why is that so important to you ?
Old 30 Mar 16, 09:31
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I enjoy it.

Old 30 Mar 16, 12:43
General
Canada

Quote:
I enjoy it.
That could be a 2 way street.
Old 30 Mar 16, 21:06
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
I meant subtle I the sense that DDR propaganda was less about creating an external enemy and more about stressing the achievements of the communist system -

probably to do with the fact East and West Germans were not as prone to believe exaggerated lies about one another as for example Russians and US Americans are.

Selective quoting and subtle rearrangement of words.
I think another form of propaganda is finding ridiculously contrived pretexts, like this slight semantic fault in the opponent's message, in order to start screaming it's all "PROPAGANDA" while in essense he didn't change anything to any significant degree. However, you've got a formal reason to denigrate your opponent by accusing him of "spreading lies and misinformation".

If got a cent every time I found infinitely greater misprepresentations of facts or blatant lies in the Western media about Russia (these articles about Stalin being excellent examples) I would already be a billionaire. However, this is something you aren't so keen to recognise and discuss, alas

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Old 31 Mar 16, 03:49
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAA View Post
I think another form of propaganda is finding ridiculously contrived pretexts, like this slight semantic fault in the opponent's message, in order to start screaming it's all "PROPAGANDA" while in essense he didn't change anything to any significant degree. However, you've got a formal reason to denigrate your opponent by accusing him of "spreading lies and misinformation".
Well to be fair - I complimented him on his subtle way of doing so

Old 31 Mar 16, 09:37
General
Canada

Quote:
Well to be fair - I complimented him on his subtle way of doing so
Sometimes I have to question your maturity, when it comes to the way of how you react when confronted with facts and quotes, that do not fit nor confirm into your neo liberal world where you consider yourself at the top of social human evolution. A few other forum members beside SHAA have brought you down from that "Sphere", and it seems that you have a problem landing gently.
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!