StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus

Notices and Announcements

Russia, Central Asia, and The Caucasus Post-Soviet Russia and some neglected smaller neighbors.

Old 26 Jan 16, 16:58
General of the Forums
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom_A View Post
Thank you for providing an illustration for the point made. And, yes, a search for Moscow agents under a bed is certainly a cold-war style thinking in its worst. Do you really believe in that conspiracy stuff?
No Moscow has no agents of influence in the west . It's all a western inspired conspiracy . Every policy towards Russia has happened in an entire vacuum based on western prejudice and racism. There that should make someone happy.

Last edited by copenhagen; 26 Jan 16 at 17:10..
Old 26 Jan 16, 17:09
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Please review the forum rules
Particularly those on racism and disorderly conduct.

BW
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Last edited by Bad Wolf; 27 Jan 16 at 13:51..
Old 26 Jan 16, 17:17
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
Dude. Such paranoia ill suits you. No one wants to thump you and yours. Quite frankly I think that most of us would welcome you to join in the 'war on terror'.

Yeah I see that you guys are fighting in Syria and I've changed my mind about assad. That being said, quit killing journalists and let them report freely...

Dude, really bad track record...
Just like copenhagen, you confirmed exactly what ShAA said...
Old 26 Jan 16, 17:22
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtos View Post
Just like copenhagen, you confirmed exactly what ShAA said...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lled_in_Russia

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 26 Jan 16, 17:26
General of the Forums
Belgium

Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Please review the forum rules
Particularly the portions on respect and disorderly conduct.

BW

Last edited by Bad Wolf; 27 Jan 16 at 13:50..
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Jan 16, 17:51
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
And it was ShAA who killed all of them.

But by using this logic he could blame school shootings in US on you.
I never blamed ShAA. Not once. In fact I was long ago going to hire his services. Hey, a native is the best tour guide and I'd like to be all touristy in Russia. (I won't drink the water or consume native fare...) But they've got some really cool stuff. (History wise.)

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 26 Jan 16, 17:54
General of the Forums
Belgium

Quote:
I never blamed ShAA. Not once. In fact I was long ago going to hire his services. Hey, a native is the best tour guide and I'd like to be all touristy in Russia. (I won't drink the water or consume native fare...) But they've got some really cool stuff. (History wise.)
In terms of food and water it's better in many areas than in US. GM food isn't popular in Russia and the quantity of fat is far lower.
Old 27 Jan 16, 01:26
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
Hi

Hope this is of some interest:-

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/...46.2015.998118

Free access (at present)

Regards

Andy H
Thanks for posting that, I just skimmed it and will have to take more time with it later.

One thing- Kinetic violence seems more like just another scary phrase to describe a perfectly viable tactic in warfare.
Not kidding.
War is some serious (censored) and as things stand, the Russians are about the only people in the world with white skin that aren't pussy-footing around anymore.
(and no, I didn't forget to say "except for the Israelis", they are about as sorry as anyone else these days)

The anecdotes may seem to put the idea in a bad light, but I could do the same with a graphic description of how Grenades work in closed spaces. Would that demonize grenades?
If it works, and it does seem to work very well, why isn't everyone else adopting similar tactics?

I for one would love to see it employed against ISIS.
And I don't care much WHO does it!
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
Blaming the Las Vegas massacre on gun owners is like blaming 9-11 on frequent fliers.
Old 27 Jan 16, 01:28
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
Can it really be racism? Aren't Slavs just a lesser form of the French, much like Goblins are the weaker cousins of Orcs?

So it would be ethnic-ism.
You may have just given SHAA a stroke with that one.
I'll get you a bottle of whiskey if you did, Jim Beam good enough?
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
Blaming the Las Vegas massacre on gun owners is like blaming 9-11 on frequent fliers.
Old 27 Jan 16, 02:39
General of the Forums
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+] ShAA has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Haha, thanks for the compliments. You can drink tap water quite safely here once it's boiled, and I have seen very few Americans who were dissatisfied with local fare - in decent cafes or restaurants, of course

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour
Old 27 Jan 16, 08:14
Lieutenant General
Russia

Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by copenhagen View Post
No Moscow has no agents of influence in the west . It's all a western inspired conspiracy .
So you genuinely believe in all this. That explains a lot. And I can't help noting that it's you who defends conspiracy stuff not me.
Old 27 Jan 16, 08:40
Lieutenant General
Russia

Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300] Artyom_A is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
And it was ShAA who killed all of them.

But by using this logic he could blame school shootings in US on you.
BTW a good point. I wounder what would be a reaction of our American colleagues if one of Russians told them to "stop shooting kids at schools" or tried to seriously invoke that thing in an argument about ....say merits of US foreign policy. I guess most would think that he is a idiot.
Old 27 Jan 16, 08:47
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
(...) argument about ....say merits of US foreign policy. I guess most would think that he is a idiot.
THAT was in fact what we did here on the ACG before Russia(ns) became an item of interest.

Ask Skoblin

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Last edited by Snowygerry; 27 Jan 16 at 08:52..
Old 27 Jan 16, 14:07
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
THAT was in fact what we did here on the ACG before Russia(ns) became an item of interest.

Ask Skoblin
These guys never look at the North America board, I guess.

And not to worry, we have Australians doing so much pecking away at our own internal affairs that I doubt there is anything left for the Russians to comment on.

BTW- I thought this was a chat about strategy?
If its all going political, I guess I can just skip the rest of that article.
Old 28 Jan 16, 04:22
General of the Forums
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+] copenhagen has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
So you genuinely believe in all this. That explains a lot. And I can't help noting that it's you who defends conspiracy stuff not me.
So Russia doesn't have agents of influence in the West as far as you're concerned ?
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!