StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 05 Dec 15, 11:14
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naffenea View Post
That's an achievement. He hasn't posted a single thing ever that didn't collectively diminish anyone's intellect. What amazes me is that people continue to respond to him, some of them seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
He also rarely participates in his gun con-troll threads.
I noticed that the OP doesn't partake in his threads either. Just posts his intolerant anti-gun rant, then runs scared afterward.

In reference to the other quote, I don't respond directly to the OP, just like I rarely respond directly to anyone else that doesn't deserve my specific attention.
Old 05 Dec 15, 13:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] 101combatvet has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
I noticed that the OP doesn't partake in his threads either. Just posts his intolerant anti-gun rant, then runs scared afterward.

In reference to the other quote, I don't respond directly to the OP, just like I rarely respond directly to anyone else that doesn't deserve my specific attention.
Classic case of this....

No lie.

~
"Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
-2 Commando Jumpmaster
Old 05 Dec 15, 18:13
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Back before I put him on ignore I worked with Lodestar, encouraging him to stay on his meds and to seek counseling, and for a while he did better. I was rather proud of his efforts.

But he fell away from it, returning speaking in the third person and seeking attention through negative means. Its tragic.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 05 Dec 15, 19:41
General of the Forums
United_States

Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I noticed who hasn't posted in this thread since the OP.

Post number two for the win.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)
Old 06 Dec 15, 00:24
Lieutenant General
United_States

wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300] wolfhnd is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Wrong. That won't make things safer. That will only create more potential deaths. It won't work as you claim.
I didn't say how much safer nor did I go into safe from what.

You could make that argument but I said all guns and the evidence is overwhelming that strict gun regulation reduces overall homicide rates. The question is by how much and how long would it take. My estimate is 30 years to see significant reductions on the order of 5 percent or so.

But we are just talking about safe from dying in a homicide by a firearm there are other issues such as the Constitution and the unknown consequences in an unknown future.
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Dec 15, 00:06
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Quote:

If only the mods would ban his butt for that behavior.
Old 07 Dec 15, 07:24
Major General
Australia

lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200] lodestar is walking in the light [200]
lodestar explains...my absences are not deliberate

CRIPES!!

I have explained in some detail before, some years ago that I don't post as much as I'd like to .....COZ, I'M FRIGGIN' BUSY!!!

Here is the post from Oct 25 2007 explaining my position re this matter.
Little has changed in the intervening eight years:

Quote:
"Should I simply stop posting altogether?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m starting to get the distinct impression that my failure to respond very often to replies from others on topics I post is becoming a problem.
Firstly Miss Saigon took me to task a few weeks ago and now the venerable Admiral has also served me a full broadside (see his reply to my recent post on America’s ‘natural affinity’ allies).
I ‘ll repeat what I said to him there: I wish I could spend more time on this activity coz I just love history and am absolutely fascinated by your country but internet posting is just a small part of my life and finding the time to address responses to other posters is very difficult. Seriously is this an issue as Admiral and Miss Saigon suggest?
Maybe a simple vote could be taken to see if posters think I should continue to raise issues and questions or just butt out and allow the truly committed to have their say?
I wanted to do one of those internet quiz things where you press one button for one reply and another button for a different reply but I don’t have a clue how you do it!
Maybe someone can set one up coz I’m just not that good with these new fangled computer things.
Posting on the ACG forum is like making love all night to two beautiful women, only different.
Keep reading the good read.
Lodestar

I DON'T STAY AWAY COZ I"M AFRAID OR COZ I 'm TROLLING. I SIMPLY CAN'T SPENT MORE TIME THAN I DO.

SHEESH

I'm amazed that some of you react the way you do to my absence(s)
Also amazed that some of you think my OP is an anti-gun or anti-US 'rant'

Most Australians simply find the US 'gun scene' a bizarre and very unsettling phenomenon.

This is an important albeit very divisive issue and I'm glad it has generated some robust discussion.
I'd hate to see it closed down because I'm not participating enough.

Please understand, I don't respond as much as I'd want to because I have limitations (as my wife endlessly reminds me!) on the time I can spend on the Forum.

Fair enough?

Excellent discussion.
Seasons greetings to all in the US.
Old 07 Dec 15, 10:02
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] johns624 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
So you have no problem finding the time to start inflammatory threads but you don't have time to partake in the discussion of them? BS!
Old 07 Dec 15, 11:27
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
So you have no problem finding the time to start inflammatory threads but you don't have time to partake in the discussion of them? BS!
He posts because he desires/needs attention. He doesn't care about the topic.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 07 Dec 15, 11:39
General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400]
frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400] frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400] frisco17 has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
But he has time to write a very long post about why he doesn't have time to partake in the discussion.
Old 07 Dec 15, 11:41
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisco17 View Post
But he has time to write a very long post about why he doesn't have time to partake in the discussion.
Its what he does.
Old 07 Dec 15, 11:51
Captain
United_States
Model Forum Group Build Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodestar View Post
CRIPES!!

I have explained in some detail before, some years ago that I don't post as much as I'd like to .....COZ, I'M FRIGGIN' BUSY!!!

I DON'T STAY AWAY COZ I"M AFRAID OR COZ I 'm TROLLING. I SIMPLY CAN'T SPENT MORE TIME THAN I DO.

SHEESH

Most Australians simply find the US 'gun scene' a bizarre and very unsettling phenomenon.

This is an important albeit very divisive issue and I'm glad it has generated some robust discussion.

Please understand, I don't respond as much as I'd want to because I have limitations (as my wife endlessly reminds me!) on the time I can spend on the Forum.

Fair enough?

Excellent discussion.
Perhaps you should examine what you post before posting. Personally, I think you are doing it on purpose, but I'm of a suspicious nature.
Old 07 Dec 15, 12:02
General of the Forums
United_States

Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodestar View Post
CRIPES!!

SHEESH

Fair enough?

Excellent discussion.
Pretty long post including your post from 2007 explaining why you don't have time to post.....I am surprised that you found time to make the post.....
Old 07 Dec 15, 12:03
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
Its what he does.
I know that, but why on the same subject most of the time, it makes me wonder if someone from an organisation with millions of members in a country he doesn't live in has offended him or hurt his feelings?
Old 07 Dec 15, 12:26
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung Si View Post
I know that, but why on the same subject most of the time, it makes me wonder if someone from an organisation with millions of members in a country he doesn't live in has offended him or hurt his feelings?
Its a hot-button issue. He knows that if he posts some ridiculous statement on the subject he'll get all sorts of attention.

Its all about getting people talking about him.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!