StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Alternate Timelines > Science Fiction

Notices and Announcements

Science Fiction Science Fiction as a means to discuss "future history."

Old 04 Nov 15, 14:27
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
Assuming a career starting at 20 - does that mean I have 9 skill points to spread around ?

I checked other characters but can't find much logic in the total amount of skill points used ?
You can assume anything you like, if you justify it you can probably keep it.
I assumed a start at 16 for mine, and went with an abysmal social standing and modest education to justify it.
And there are certain background issues that I can't pass on ATM, but with a Rouge/Criminal class structure I think you get the point.

Construct the Character in your mind, PM your proposal to TAG. Once it is acceptable to you both post it here, that's really all there is to it.
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
"We have reached the stage where satire is prophecy"
-Theodore Dalrymple
Old 04 Nov 15, 15:18
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I can work with Snowgerry's character. There may be some minor tweaks but nothing major. And, I can work the character into the storyline.

I'll catch everyone up probably late tomorrow some time, possibly early on Friday (When it comes to out-of-town stuff the wife's a boat anchor... ).
Old 05 Nov 15, 00:47
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Websearch my friends, here is a lot of information out there!

Education and experience will give you extra skill points. My character is from Dlan, went to Fleet Academy and did 30 years before retiring. There are drugs available that extend lifespans so 48 is not so bad. If you choose a backward, poor planet to be from and lack education, you won't probably get many skill points.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 06 Nov 15, 04:21
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
I can work with Snowgerry's character. There may be some minor tweaks but nothing major. And, I can work the character into the storyline.

I'll catch everyone up probably late tomorrow some time, possibly early on Friday (When it comes to out-of-town stuff the wife's a boat anchor... ).
Good - I'll leave it at that then, until I get back on Monday - thanks.

Feel free to distribute skills among the mentioned clusters as you see fit, using the small story I wrote as a guideline OR just tell me how many you want me to spend and I'll distribute them myself.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 06 Nov 15, 22:04
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
So that makes 6 of us, if I count right.
That ought to be enough, eh?
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
-Theodore Dalrymple
Old 07 Nov 15, 00:34
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
So that makes 6 of us, if I count right.
That ought to be enough, eh?
I believe so, but there's always room for one more, just like beer...
Old 07 Nov 15, 00:40
General of the Forums
United_States

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'd still like to resolve the Raz thing and join up with the party...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 07 Nov 15, 14:51
General of the Forums
United_States

All being taken care of...
Old 07 Nov 15, 20:36
General of the Forums
United_States

Glad to hear it, I'm ready to rock!
-Theodore Dalrymple
Old 07 Nov 15, 23:25
General of the Forums
United_States

Give me a little, I'm typing up all the stuff right now but have several other projects going too. So, I'm rotating (sitting and spinning?) between them to **** everyone off equally...
Sponsored Links

Old 08 Nov 15, 01:25
General of the Forums
United_States

The situation up to date:

In no particular order…
Commander Pruitt is on Forepaugh and in the middle of getting a scout ship inspected, costs for repairs and revisions estimated, and a loan to buy it.
Nicole and her pilot Neville are on Forepaugh too. They just had their hotel room ransacked by parties unknown and someone has been checking up on them. They’re working on selling their scout ship to Pruitt as well.
Sushi / Phaing’s merchant ship is about a day from Forepaugh and the ship’s gig with two Vargr and a crusty miner named Raz are about a day away from the ship now.
Gary and a businessman named Mr. Nan are on Forepaugh looking for transportation off world towards their destination.

Happening now.
With Phaing’s ship a day out of Forepaugh, an Imperial frigate arrives in system. Aboard is Anna Louise Rosenberg, an agent of Duke Dulinor. The local news reports the ship is here to check on the loyalty of the system to the Duke and for “traitors and spies.” There are representatives of the Duke’s government aboard…
The ship is armed about the same as Phaing’s merchant, although there isn’t enough crew aboard her ship at the moment to operate the available weapons and control the ship.

I will reiterate: This is a wargame type RPG. That is, you may find yourself at odds with other players. Watch your back!
Old 08 Nov 15, 19:58
General of the Forums
United_States

During that day inbound, there will be a lot of traffic between L'Indiscreet and Forepaugh Station-

1- we have much cargo to trade and are looking for a good deal here ... or no deal.

2- This ship requires an overhaul and repairs, our FTL guidance is shot and we cannot risk any more jumps without some serious help. We request that a repair bay be assigned to us so we can get started with that right away

3- this ship is hiring for QUALIFIED crew members, and and all parties that are interested should get in touch with is to arrange an interview.

4- our ships Gig is inbound 3 days behind us carrying passengers, you could call it a humanitarian mission. Please don't shoot them down as they come in on approach... ahem.

(and a little information-gathering is also taking place, I will let the GM know about that... and post an entry at the Docks when I get an answer)
Yes, we are in comm range for just about anyone.
-Theodore Dalrymple
Old 08 Nov 15, 21:09
General of the Forums
United_States

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
TAG can we/ I communicate via pm's to other players at this point?

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 08 Nov 15, 21:09
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
During that day inbound, there will be a lot of traffic between L'Indiscreet and Forepaugh Station-

1- we have much cargo to trade and are looking for a good deal here ... or no deal.

2- This ship requires an overhaul and repairs, our FTL guidance is shot and we cannot risk any more jumps without some serious help. We request that a repair bay be assigned to us so we can get started with that right away

3- this ship is hiring for QUALIFIED crew members, and and all parties that are interested should get in touch with is to arrange an interview.

4- our ships Gig is inbound 3 days behind us carrying passengers, you could call it a humanitarian mission. Please don't shoot them down as they come in on approach... ahem.

(and a little information-gathering is also taking place, I will let the GM know about that... and post an entry at the Docks when I get an answer)
Yes, we are in comm range for just about anyone.
(Gary asks his companion, "are we waiting for any particular ship, or shall I make inquiries?)
Old 08 Nov 15, 22:06
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan88 View Post
(Gary asks his companion, "are we waiting for any particular ship, or shall I make inquiries?)
"That depends on where that merchant ship is willing to go" Mr. Nan replies with an enigmatic smile.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!