StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 28 Oct 15, 19:41
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100] jonny87kz has demonstrated strength of character [100]
My highest tier ship is the Omaha at tier 5. I do not fear battleships. I can do the circle of death and just chew then apart. Unless they are very lucky I take very little damage. It's a little silly that battleships aren't better than they are.
"A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant
Old 29 Oct 15, 19:01
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny87kz View Post
My highest tier ship is the Omaha at tier 5. I do not fear battleships. I can do the circle of death and just chew then apart. Unless they are very lucky I take very little damage. It's a little silly that battleships aren't better than they are.
yep it takes a lucky shot from a BB to even the odds. if the CA gets into range.

I mean I lucky to get say thee hits every 30 seconds while a CA will get in 9 and probally cause a fire also.
Old 30 Oct 15, 13:17
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
I think we will likely see some re-balancing of the BB's in future to deal with this. I think they have been trying to stress the importance of team play by encouraging BB's to work with the rest of the fleet, but in Pubs this is still a hit or miss behaviour.

I've been moving down the German cruiser line and am enjoying it so far. I just have to remember not to over-extend myself and get caught out alone. I think this is very true of the Battleships as well.
Old 30 Oct 15, 21:01
Colonel
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200] DingBat is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Omaha's are recognized to be OP and the battleships they see most often aren't very good (especially the low tier Japanese), plus the players are often not as experienced.

Against South Carolina's with their horrible range and terrible accuracy, it's no contest. Against a New York driven by a more experienced player firing AP and aiming for citadel hits? That's a different story.
Old 08 Feb 16, 21:57
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
Don't every keep going in a straight line. Easy pray.

Old 23 Jul 17, 19:48
Major General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300]
Just got started on WoW (not the warcraft one) this weekend because of ACG naval game. Started on my Japanese destroyer line, as that seemed to have the most bang for the buck. Enjoying it so far.
Old 27 Jul 17, 21:10
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Let me know when you're on and we can play as a division. My in game account name is Murotsu
Old 28 Jul 17, 15:19
General of the Forums
United_States

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
Just got started on WoW (not the warcraft one) this weekend because of ACG naval game. Started on my Japanese destroyer line, as that seemed to have the most bang for the buck. Enjoying it so far.
yeah DDs are fun run out try and not die but your going to because everyone wants to kill the DDs since they the most dangerous ships on the field.

And nothing feels better than when you get it a torp run right and sink a BB and they never even knew you were there
Old 04 Aug 17, 10:31
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200] Widow Maker is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by craven View Post
yeah DDs are fun run out try and not die but your going to because everyone wants to kill the DDs since they the most dangerous ships on the field.

And nothing feels better than when you get it a torp run right and sink a BB and they never even knew you were there
I'm not so sure...sinking a couple of DD's when they are trying to run down your battleship is kind of up there to.
Old 19 Sep 17, 16:49
Lieutenant Colonel
Pirate

mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99]
WoW .... Command Keys

Greetings Guys;

I am using a tier 7 Cruiser, the USS Indianapolis.

While I am fairly new player, I have been trying to find a full set of keyboard
commands. I have downloaded the PDF for WoW, but, the PDF only list the
most common keys.

If possible ............. can someone post the full keyboard command list .. ?

Mike

... A gun is like a parachute - If you need one and do not have one, you probably will not need one again ...
Old 19 Sep 17, 17:12
Lieutenant Colonel
Pirate

mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99] mikec is on the path to success [1-99]
WoW .... Command Keys

Found them ..........

.................................................. ....................................

Internal name often prefaced with CMD_ Key Stroke Description
MOVE_LEFT A Hard to Port; Rudder will turn to left as long as you hold the button, until it hits its limit.
MOVE_RIGHT D Hard to Starboard; Rudder will turn to right as long as you hold the button, until it hits its limit.
Release the A or the D key and the rudder will return to amid ships.

CRUISE_SPEED_UP W W and S are your engine telegraph keys. Use to set Full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, Stop, Back commands
CRUISE_SPEED_DOWN S

CMD_MOVE_FORWARD Undefined (formerly R) Advances speed 1 knot, this command is not available through the configuration screen and must be assigned by editing the preferences file manually
CMD_MOVE_BACK Undefined (formerly F) [edited]speed 1 knot, this command is not available through the configuration screen and must be assigned by editing the preferences file manually

CRUISE_ANGLE_RIGHT E Hold half starboard turn, press twice for hold hard starboard. Releasing the key will not change the setting.
CRUISE_ANGLE_LEFT Q Hold half port turn, press twice for hold hard port. Releasing the key will not change the setting.
CRUISE_ANGLE_0 Undefined (formerly H) Steady so, aka rudder amid ships. The command is currently unavailable in settings. Tap rudder keys or tap E or Q to restore midships.

SHOOT [Left Mouse]
Click fire one gun
Double Click fire all guns that can bear on target
Click and hold fire all guns that can bear on target in ripple fire.

[Ctrl][Left Mouse] Sets priority target for secondaries and AA

CINEMATIC SHOOT [Middle Mouse] fire one gun/torpedo and shift to shell tracking camera. Useful to establish lead required.

SWITCH_ATBA_AIRDEFENSE P Toggles Secondaries and AA on/off.

These keys will switch between AP shells, HE shells and torpedoes, when switching to torpedoes you must re-acquire target lock with "X"

ARTILLERY_AMMO_0 1 Selects primaries High Explosive (detonates on impact)
ARTILLERY_AMMO_1 2 Selects primaries Armored Piercing (penetrates armor and explodes inside hull, maybe, may also over penetrate, or ricochet, or bounce)
TORPEDOES_ANGLE 3 Selects torpedoes and Alternates between wide or narrow torpedo spreads
Main Battery Num 1 Select main batteries (Primaries)
Torpedoes Num 2 Select torpedoes
Reload Torpedo Tube F

FIXING_TARGET_POSITION X Acquires/Releases guns target lock. Turns on lead assist for torpedoes. Guns will lock automatically if you leave your curson on the target long enough.

ABSOLUTE_GUNS_LOCK [Left Shift] X Locks guns on cursor location relative to the map. Guns will turn to keep lock.
RELATIVE_GUNS_LOCK [Left Ctrl] X Locks guns on cursor location relative to your ship. Guns will not rotate after they have moved to this position

TACTICAL_MAP M Toggle, replaces game screen with screne showing entire map. Set way points, etc.

AUTOPILOT FIRST WAY POINT [Left Mouse]
AUTOPILOT Subsequent WAY POINT [Left Shift][Left Mouse] Five way points permitted. More may be added as the initial ones are used. Pressing [Left Mouse] clears set points and starts over.

Aircraft Carriers
CARRIER_SELECT 1
SQUADRON_0 2 Select Squadron 1 (The use of the term flight for a small group of planes that work as a unit has been lost to WG)
SQUADRON_1 3 Select Squadron 2 ( I have always thought a flight was the equivalent of a platoon while a squadron was the equivalent of a company)
SQUADRON_2 4 Select Squadron 3
SQUADRON_3 5 Select Squadron 4
SQUADRON_4 6 Select Squadron 5
SQUADRON_5 7 Select Squadron 6
SQUADRON_6 8 Select Squadron 7
SQUADRON_7 9 Select Squadron 8
SQUADRON_8 0 Select Squadron 9
LAND_LAUNCH F Land or Launch a flight (squadron) of planes
ORDER_AIRPLANES [Left Mouse]
DESELECT_AIRPLANES [Right Mouse]
MAP_PLANE_ORDER_MOVE [Left Mouse]
SELECT_NEXT_AIRPLANE [Left Ctrl] [Tab] Next flight (Squadron)
SELECT_ALL_AIRPLANES [Left Ctrl] A All flights (Squadron)

MAP_SHOW_PLANES [
MAP_SHOW_DEAD ]
MAP_RECT_ATTENTION [Left Mouse] or [Left Ctrl] [Left Mouse] Send signal to allies. Highlights selected map square

for mini-map
MAP_SCALE_PLUS "= or NUMPAD + Zoom minimap in
MAP_SCALE_MINUS "- or NUMPAD - Zoom minimap out

HELP F1 You must hold the F1 key and use your mouse to select one of the other three help screens.

GAME_STATS [Tab] Gives you a list of players and shows if they are sunk or afloat and kills in current battle
STATS [Left Ctrl] [Tab]

ICONS [Left Alt] or [Left Alt][NumPad Enter] Alternative Battle Interface Mode. Shows player Name, Hit points, Range, Shell Travel Time as an icon above ships. [Alt]Appears while Alt is held down. [Alt][NumPad Enter] Toggle, press enter again to cancel chat message. Can be permanently turned on in Settings Controls.

Consumables
Consumable 1 R Damage Control Party, puts out fires, stops flooding, repairs damaged modules (but not destroyed modules)
Consumable 2 T Destroyer > Smoke | Battle Ship > Repair Party (restores some lost hit points ~20%) | Cruiser > Protective Barrage if equipped with two or more multipurpose guns
Consumable 3 Y Battle Ship, Cruiser > Scout Plane if equipped. Players have no control of the scout, although we used to. Grrrrr. Destroyer > Speed Boost
Consumable 4 U Fourth consumable slot
Consumable 5 I Fifth Consumable slot

HIDE INTERFACE [Left Ctrl] G Hides the Hud. Good for fancy screen shots.

Camera
ART_CAMERA Artillery Camera [shift] Toggles between camera from current ready turret and zoomed level (binocular view)
ACTION Overview [Right Mouse] Overview mode. Third person view zoomed out behind ship. Moving mouse rotates camera heading. Return to previous zoomed ziew upon release. Guns and torpedoes do not change their orientation in this mode. Can be disorienting upon return if held too long.
AHEAD_CAMERA V Does not seem to function
TRACK_OBJECT_CAMERA Z Camera follows currently selected flight of planes, shells on the way, torpedoes on the way; an amusing distraction.
Camera position switch C Manually switch camera between main battery groups.
CENTERCAMERA [space] Bring Camera Back to Ship, Centers the camera on the carrier, when in carrier plan view.
Zoom level [scroll Mouse Wheel]
FREE_CURSOR [Left Ctrl] enable free cursor
MAP_CAMERA_MOVE [Right Mouse][Left Ctrl]

Alternative Battle Interface [Alt] Provides information (remaining hit points etc.) on ships under the icon. Can be locked on in settings screen.
Display Game Statistics [Tab] Player names, ships, ship status, kills
Help F1 Brings up in game help screens
Show Ship Status H
Accept Invitation to Join Division K
Decline Invitation to Join Division L
Next Track . Tracking Camera Object?
Previous Track ,

Communications Functions Audible
CMD_QUICK_TACTIC F3 Highlight Target for Allies, found in weapons section of controls settings. This marks the enemy under your cursor with an inverted caret icon and sends the "priority target" message.
CMD_QUICK_THANK_YOU F4 Thanks. You've been swell.
CMD_QUICK_AYE_AYE F5 I understand and will comply.
CMD_QUICK_NO_WAY F6 I ain't doing that! You're being silly.
CMD_QUICK_NEED_SUPPORT F7 It would be great if you would work with me here.
CMD_QUICK_SOS F8 Help, or tell my mom I love her.
CMD_QUICK_GOOD_GAME F9 We done good.
CMD_QUICK_GOOD_LUCK F10 May the seven mad gods that rule the sea look favorably on our endeavors.
CMD_QUICK_CARAMBA F11 I am annoyed and my computer is going to attempt caustic banter.

Voice Chat V For microphone message to division mates. Requires microphone and division mates.

For when you've entered spectator mode
Next Ally [Left Mouse] Changes point of view to a team mate, limited zoom is still available.
Previous Ally [Right Mouse]
Track Friendly Object under cursor [space] This is fun to watch airplanes attack the enemy.
Enter Free Look Mode [Left Shift] Camera is free to wander where you tell it.
Up [up Arrow] or W
Down [Down Arrow] or S
Left [Left Arrow] or A
Right [Right Arrow] or D
Change Angle Mouse

I hope you find this useful.

Updated to 6.3 commands

You may also enjoy:

View Basics

Navigation Basics

Gunnery Basics

Torpedo Basics

Turret Focus

Weapon Bearing (Shift-X) (Ctrl-X) (X)

Later,

Mike

... A gun is like a parachute - If you need one and do not have one, you probably will not need one again ...

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!