StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 19 Oct 15, 23:24
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400] Jonathanrex1 has a spectacular aura about [400]
I came across this cartoon on the National Post website and just had to share it:

Old 20 Oct 15, 09:45
Captain
United_States
Model Forum Group Build Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99]
LMAO! Looks like our northern neighbors decided not to learn from our mistake. Good luck with that noob in office!
Old 20 Oct 15, 09:53
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
As in Australia an other pro Muslim and anti Israel politician becomes PM : future looks bleak for the Jews in Australia and Canada .
Old 20 Oct 15, 09:54
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Jose50 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Wink "Oh, Margaret...nice rack!"

Justin's mum bought me a scotch and flashed me in a bar in the 1970's!!
Old 20 Oct 15, 10:09
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparlingo View Post
I, on the other hand, could not be happier. I think young Mr Trudeau will become a great leader of our country, a great leader to represent the ideals of our country in the world. Congratulations Justin.
I wish I could share your enthusiasm, Paul. I truly do. And despite the fact that I am quite pleased to see Harper turfed, I have little confidence in Justin ruling the roost. Frankly, he's obnoxiously arrogant and as dumb as a sack of hammers. Moreover, as in the case with Obama, people are going to learn that he's a lot more right-wing, neo-liberal and corporate than they bargained for. What can one expect from someone who openly expressed admiration for the basic Chinese economic model - the one that has little or no labour and environmental legislation and allows corporations to run amuck..
Old 20 Oct 15, 10:10
Captain
United_States
Model Forum Group Build Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99] Armored Fist is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose50 View Post
Justin's mum bought me a scotch and flashed me in a bar in the 1970's!!
Yeah. This is the country that gave us Mayor Ford, the unapologetic crackhead, though we must admit we had our own in Marion Barry, but we don't have to claim him, since DC isn't even a state...
Old 20 Oct 15, 10:29
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
In the end the majority vote really wasn't for Trudeau, it was against Harper. Which is how our elections usually work, we're voting someone out, not someone in.

The fact that we now have 4 years under 'The Dauphin' just shows how sick of Harper and his burgeoning fascism much of the constituency were.
Old 20 Oct 15, 10:42
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
You Canucks now have a Frog Barack Obama as prime minister. Enjoy.
Old 20 Oct 15, 11:26
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
We didn't have much of a choice. It was between Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Chewbacca..
Old 20 Oct 15, 11:57
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Sparlingo has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoblin View Post
I wish I could share your enthusiasm, Paul. I truly do. And despite the fact that I am quite pleased to see Harper turfed, I have little confidence in Justin ruling the roost. Frankly, he's obnoxiously arrogant and as dumb as a sack of hammers. Moreover, as in the case with Obama, people are going to learn that he's a lot more right-wing, neo-liberal and corporate than they bargained for. What can one expect from someone who openly expressed admiration for the basic Chinese economic model - the one that has little or no labour and environmental legislation and allows corporations to run amuck..
Hi Skob. I don't think he's as dumb as you think. He never varied from the campagin message which made him seem to be over-simplifing things, but when he was on his own during the debates he did well. I do grant you he might be. or might become, obnoxiously arrogant but I don't see him as that yet. So far as being right wing, I think I have an ideological difference with you on that. I'm a big free trader, I support the TPP and like to see trade growth with China. I do grant you that there needs to be more attention to labour standards and reining in of corporate power. Justin's first big test will be Paris on the environment and getting a deal with the Provinces. We'll see.
Sponsored Links

Old 20 Oct 15, 11:59
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Hope so!
Old 20 Oct 15, 13:47
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparlingo View Post
Hope so!
So if Obama palled around with Rev Jeremiah "I Hate Whitey" Wright and convicted terrorist Bill Ayres, and his Attorney General Eric Holder drafted the pardons for sixteen convicted terrorists, then how can Trudeau Junior there emulate Obama: resurrect Charles Vive le Québec Libre" de Gaulle -- or restart the Front de Libération du Québec?
Old 20 Oct 15, 14:42
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
So if Obama palled around with Rev Jeremiah "I Hate Whitey" Wright and convicted terrorist Bill Ayres, and his Attorney General Eric Holder drafted the pardons for sixteen convicted terrorists, then how can Trudeau Junior there emulate Obama: resurrect Charles Vive le Québec Libre" de Gaulle -- or restart the Front de Libération du Québec?
Not sure if those are good examples to throw against a Trudeau:

His dad snuffed out the FLQ with the War Measures Act suspending civil liberties during the October Crisis in 1970

And so far as de Gaulle goes:

"The newly appointed Canadian minister of justice, Pierre Trudeau—himself a francophone Montrealer—publicly wondered what the French reaction would have been if a Canadian Prime Minister shouted, "Brittany to the Bretons".[13] From then on, de Gaulle remained unimpressed by Trudeau, saying "Nous n'avons aucune concession, ni même aucune amabilité, à faire à M. Trudeau, qui est l'adversaire de la chose française au Canada." ("We have not one concession, nor even any courtesy, to extend to Mr Trudeau, who is the enemy of the French fact in Canada.")"
Old 20 Oct 15, 14:47
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

And you have to say he has impeccable taste in hockey:

Old 20 Oct 15, 15:37
General of the Forums
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700] the ace is a glorious beacon of light [700]
So the Canadians have given the Conservatives the boot, and American republicans are getting their knickers in a twist, "He's more Left-Wing than Obama !" Believe me, that ain't hard. I was hoping for a better showing from the New Democrats, but you can't have everything, and Republican apoplexy is always entertaining.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!