StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 05 Sep 15, 13:10
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Until Notley presents a provincial budget, her governing performance sucks.
Actually, considering her government has already carried through on five of its promises - the minimum wage increase, royalty review, elimination of corporate/union handouts to political parties, reversal of the health tax and imposition of a provisional increase in education spending - they are not doing too bad. Certainly better than the previous Conservative administration which left the province in shambles.
Old 05 Sep 15, 13:16
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Nikki is on the path to success [1-99] Nikki is on the path to success [1-99] Nikki is on the path to success [1-99] Nikki is on the path to success [1-99]
I might have my reservations with the NDP but I would have harsher words for Harper.

I am prejudiced when it comes to Alberta. My paternal relatives are Albertans.
Old 05 Sep 15, 13:17
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Nikki is on the path to success [1-99] Nikki is on the path to success [1-99] Nikki is on the path to success [1-99] Nikki is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoblin View Post
Actually, considering her government has already carried through on five of its promises - the minimum wage increase, royalty review, elimination of corporate/union handouts to political parties, reversal of the health tax and imposition of a provisional increase in education spending - they are not doing too bad. Certainly better than the previous Conservative administration which left the province in shambles.

How about a budget to justify everything they done thus far?
Old 05 Sep 15, 13:26
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
I am prejudiced when it comes to Alberta. My paternal relatives are Albertans.
Well, I grew up in Alberta. Spent almost 40 years there. Have friends and family there. The present government has to sort through the previous government's financial records prior to even beginning to think about bringing in a formal budget. Pretty much standard procedure whenever there is a change of government - more so when the previous party has been in power for 40 years. You'd still be waiting for a budget even if the WRP won the election - perhaps waiting even longer, since it would have been an absolute impossibility for them to carry out their promise of cutting taxes, conduct only redundancy cuts in spending, yet still somehow miraculously not increase the deficit.
Old 05 Sep 15, 14:21
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Quote:
Well, I grew up in Alberta. Spent almost 40 years there. Have friends and family there. The present government has to sort through the previous government's financial records prior to even beginning to think about bringing in a formal budget. Pretty much standard procedure whenever there is a change of government - more so when the previous party has been in power for 40 years. You'd still be waiting for a budget even if the WRP won the election - perhaps waiting even longer, since it would have been an absolute impossibility for them to carry out their promise of cutting taxes, conduct only redundancy cuts in spending, yet still somehow miraculously not increase the deficit.

You're right, the new government deserves more time.
I'm just so weary of spending by any government, especially without justification to the people. From what I've been hearing at family gatherings, people are running out of patience and those in the oil biz are nervous about their future under the NDP.

Regardless, it appears NDP leader Thomas Mulcair will take the federal election. He's running on popular issues. He's promising to increase CPP payouts to seniors on fixed incomes, raising the minimum-wage, and rollback the seniors’ pension eligibility age back to 65. Reversing Harper's unpopular change in 2012.
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Oct 15, 11:25
Lieutenant General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400] AdrianE has a spectacular aura about [400]
Well we are 6 days away from the election and no chatter here.

The race is close but apparently the liberals have a very slight lead:
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives...015/index.html

Thankfully it looks like the Canadian people are coming to their senses and realizing that the NDP are not a viable (or sane) option.
Old 13 Oct 15, 12:11
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianE View Post
Thankfully it looks like the Canadian people are coming to their senses and realizing that the NDP are not a viable (or sane) option.
When they start realizing the same about the tories, liberals and greens, there just might be hope for the country..
Old 16 Oct 15, 11:50
General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
When they start realizing the same about the tories, liberals and greens, there just might be hope for the country..

Guess you are voting for the Rhino........Oh! forgot.."Glorious Leader" wont let you Ex-Pats vote......Well sit back, have a and watch the games begin....

Yes! I am back in the land of multi channel tv and still nothing worth watching..

50k from the bottom of Young Street...
Old 16 Oct 15, 19:19
First Sergeant
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

bill shack is on the path to success [1-99] bill shack is on the path to success [1-99] bill shack is on the path to success [1-99] bill shack is on the path to success [1-99]
the lastest projection

here are to projections
LIB 135 CONS 118 NDP 83 BLK 1 GRN 1

170 seats to be a majority.

so it looks like a liberal minority

Check it out at

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives...015/index.html
Old 17 Oct 15, 10:58
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
Guess you are voting for the Rhino........Oh! forgot.."Glorious Leader" wont let you Ex-Pats vote......Well sit back, have a and watch the games begin....

Yes! I am back in the land of multi channel tv and still nothing worth watching..

St. Catharines?
Old 18 Oct 15, 10:43
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post

Yup, can't vote for the Canuck elctions, can't vote for the federal elections here in Switzerland either (cause I'm not Swiss duh) so sitting back and enjoying the show.
Old 18 Oct 15, 21:23
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Sparlingo has a spectacular aura about [400]
My Prediction

Libs 161
Cons 112
NDP 58
BQ 6
Grn 1
Old 19 Oct 15, 09:52
General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
St. Catharines?
Up the 404
Old 19 Oct 15, 17:35
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200]
I held my nose and voted.

Not happy with any of the choices so didn't walk away happy
Old 19 Oct 15, 23:15
Lieutenant General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynelhutz View Post
I held my nose and voted.

Not happy with any of the choices so didn't walk away happy
I, on the other hand, could not be happier. I think young Mr Trudeau will become a great leader of our country, a great leader to represent the ideals of our country in the world. Congratulations Justin.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!