StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 09 Sep 15, 18:28
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
Finished a couple days ago after several hundred hours of play.

Very depressing ending...

Still a great game though!
I haven't played in a few weeks. WOT has taken over.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 06 Oct 15, 22:57
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
I've viewed witcher 3 (story only) on youtube. It is really exceptional and one of the best games ever made.

there are different endings...

Quote:
Finished a couple days ago after several hundred hours of play.

Very depressing ending...

Still a great game though!
Old 10 Oct 15, 02:10
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Icon View Post
I've viewed witcher 3 (story only) on youtube. It is really exceptional and one of the best games ever made.

there are different endings...
Yes I believe there are 36 different endings based upon the decisions Geralt makes during the game.

My game ended badly for Geralt and was very depressing.

Homer

BoRG
Old 10 Oct 15, 03:41
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I've reached level 25, and even with the difficulty cranked to the max I'm having trouble finding an interesting fight.

I've reached the Isle of Mist in terms of core quest (I've been busy wandering), but I don't know if I'll both to finish it. The wall-to-wall cut scenes in the core quest get real old.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 10 Oct 15, 19:18
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Yes I believe there are 36 different endings based upon the decisions Geralt makes during the game.

My game ended badly for Geralt and was very depressing.
Something like that. there are 3 different 'major' endings (cutscenes).

I suppose you got the eerie one.
Sponsored Links

Old 11 Oct 15, 01:13
General of the Forums
United_States

The great length of this game makes it unplayable for many people. The cutscenes alone were 13 hours plus.

You are around 2/3rds or 3/4ths done with the game I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
I've reached level 25, and even with the difficulty cranked to the max I'm having trouble finding an interesting fight.

I've reached the Isle of Mist in terms of core quest (I've been busy wandering), but I don't know if I'll both to finish it. The wall-to-wall cut scenes in the core quest get real old.
The expansion "Hearts of Stone" is coming out in 2 days.
Old 11 Oct 15, 12:37
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
The great length of this game makes it unplayable for many people. The cutscenes alone were 13 hours plus.

Yes I put somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 hours into the game.

The next one I'm really looking forward to is Fallout 4 which comes out on November 10th.

It's supposed to take around 400 hours to complete!

Homer

BoRG
Old 11 Oct 15, 12:47
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Yes I put somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 hours into the game.

The next one I'm really looking forward to is Fallout 4 which comes out on November 10th.

It's supposed to take around 400 hours to complete!
I'm really looking forward to Fallout 4. And Mass Effect 4 is right around the corner.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Old 11 Oct 15, 15:06
General of the Forums
United_States

^^

The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 look very similar- it's like they used quite similar technology to make both.

250 hours..wow, that's long. I can see how the story could feel dragged out (13+ hours of cutscenes )
Old 11 Oct 15, 15:18
General
United_States

Quote:
^^

The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 look very similar- it's like they used quite similar technology to make both.

250 hours..wow, that's long. I can see how the story could feel dragged out (13+ hours of cutscenes )
And I still haven't explored all the areas in Skellige (the islands).

I have completed about 95% of the quests though.

Homer

BoRG
Old 11 Oct 15, 17:44
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
And I still haven't explored all the areas in Skellige (the islands).

I have completed about 95% of the quests though.
Yeah, I've cleared out about every land-based area, but not all the water-based.

I wish they had gone with a different color system for 'known' and 'cleared out'. White and pale gray aren't the best options.

I've decimated the quests, although I didn't bother to learn the card game, and only did a couple boxing quests.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 12 Oct 15, 13:00
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
Yeah, I've cleared out about every land-based area, but not all the water-based.

I wish they had gone with a different color system for 'known' and 'cleared out'. White and pale gray aren't the best options.

I've decimated the quests, although I didn't bother to learn the card game, and only did a couple boxing quests.
I loved the card game.

It's a ton of fun and actually has some strategy to it.

Homer

BoRG
Old 12 Oct 15, 19:09
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
I loved the card game.

It's a ton of fun and actually has some strategy to it.
I ignored the card game for a while myself. But once I started playing, it became a favorite.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Old 12 Oct 15, 19:14
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:

I'm at about the same place as AJR. BTW, I love the cutscenes.

My biggest problem is my ADD attention span. I started playing WOT and haven't fired up Witcher 3 in a couple of months. I did the same thing with DA:Inquisition, another huge game.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Old 12 Oct 15, 21:59
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
I'm at about the same place as AJR. BTW, I love the cutscenes.

My biggest problem is my ADD attention span. I started playing WOT and haven't fired up Witcher 3 in a couple of months. I did the same thing with DA:Inquisition, another huge game.
I've finished DA: Inquisition too.

Another great game.

Homer

BoRG
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!