StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 06 Apr 15, 13:47
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Huh? Final issue of ACG?

I see on the top left of my screen that May 2015 will be the final issue of ACG. I was just getting back into reading it. Does anyone know anything about this?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 06 Apr 15, 13:55
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
I don't see it on my screen...
Old 06 Apr 15, 13:57
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Its nothing to worry about.

What a nice day.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 06 Apr 15, 14:06
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
http://www.historynetshop.com/901ag1.html
Old 06 Apr 15, 14:08
General of the Forums
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800] Sergio gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
I see on the top left of my screen that May 2015 will be the final issue of ACG. I was just getting back into reading it. Does anyone know anything about this?
It says final print issue but that it can be read online. Print media is increasingly shifting online - I guess it's another example of it.

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
Grandad, Only Fools and Horses
Old 06 Apr 15, 14:22
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
They made me editor.

Ahhhh, it was a brief but glorious reign.

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!
Old 06 Apr 15, 15:27
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
it's a staple of tdy travel!
Old 06 Apr 15, 19:03
ACG Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
As a contributing author, I was notified nearly a couple of months ago that the May 2015 issue would be the last. So, my last two of 55 articles, in the May issue for ACG, are a Battlefield Leader on General Eichelberger and a What Next General on Giap at Dien Bien Phu. I must say it was an enjoyable trip, and the interactive dimensions with excellent maps (one cannot fight a battle without maps) made the magazine unique in alternative military history.
Old 06 Apr 15, 20:23
Recruit
United_States

tankruler1945 is on the path to success [1-99]
Whoa wait! it's really done, I just got a subscription for Christmas!!!!!!!
Old 06 Apr 15, 21:23
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
How will this affect the ACG Forums?

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Apr 15, 06:27
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100] joea is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Armchair General has discontinued publication of its print edition. The last issue published was the May 2015 issue. You can continue to enjoy Armchair General online at www.armchairgeneral.com. In addition to the website’s popular lineup of game, book and movie reviews, and insightful articles on all aspects of military history, you will also find Armchair General's unique interactive articles in which we put YOU in command of history’s pivotal battles.

In addition, The World History Group publishes other magazines covering all aspects of history, including Military History and World War II magazine.
My italics, nothing to worry about for us here. Sorry to hear it though - will digital subscriptions still be available?
Old 07 Apr 15, 07:30
General of the Forums
France
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Sad, I bought the first issue in an airport and read whenever I was in the states. Will continue to read the digital version.
Old 07 Apr 15, 08:06
Brigadier General
Germany
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojik View Post
They made me editor.

Ahhhh, it was a brief but glorious reign.
Maybe that was the mistake?
Old 07 Apr 15, 10:25
General
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400] Bow has a spectacular aura about [400]
I was wondering when this would happen as more and more magazines go electronic.......Guess I'm a bit of a Ludite as I detest ebooks and magazines, dont have an Iphone and like to read a REAl magazine/book when traveling......Adios guys....
Old 07 Apr 15, 12:24
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Must be serious, as indicated by the complete lack of substantive responses from the forum admins. Silence these days is always an admission of serious problems.

I never "subscribe" to e-mags. To me, the real value of a magazine is part of its physical presence on my side table, there to picked up and perused at my leisure, set down briefly, resumed when I wish and where I wish, needing no batteries or internet connection and incapable of being altered or edited after it is published.

Magazines last for many decades, and contain additional information of historic value beyond their articles, while e-mags are subject to the whims of available storage space and electronic digital distortion. A magazine can be put into a footlocker and is still there, still ready to be read, fifty years later...or even longer.

Pick up an old National Geographic sometime, ignore the articles and read the advertisements for a wonderful look into the economic life and times of America in the past, what was important and what it cost back then. That's often of more interest than anything else to those who truly appreciate history in its entirety.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!