StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 03 Feb 15, 15:02
Brigadier General
Germany
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300]
My crews still suck though.
Close to 100 but no specials yet.

posted from mobile
Old 03 Feb 15, 16:15
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
The WT IV has better depression if the gun is pointed backwards, crappy armour though
Old 03 Feb 15, 16:42
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
Premium tanks are good crew training and credit earning platforms,if you are willing to part with the cash.
Old 04 Feb 15, 12:55
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanov View Post
Got a KV-1....Havent tried the 122mm on the KV yet...
Try it. You'll like it.
Old 04 Feb 15, 13:17
Brigadier General
Germany
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300]
But the penetration sucks. What if you end up on a open terrain map?

posted from mobile

Old 04 Feb 15, 16:39
Lieutenant Colonel
EU

All the maps have quality's that favor particular vehicles over others,you just have to adjust as best you can to circumstance.At least two of the maps are really crappy for arty players.It would be good if you could have foreknowledge of the comeing map to chose the best vehicle and equipment load-out,perhaps in the future.If the map is bad find somewhere to lurk.
Old 04 Feb 15, 18:19
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grishnak View Post
All the maps have quality's that favor particular vehicles over others,you just have to adjust as best you can to circumstance.At least two of the maps are really crappy for arty players.It would be good if you could have foreknowledge of the comeing map to chose the best vehicle and equipment load-out,perhaps in the future.If the map is bad find somewhere to lurk.
All the maps favor heavy tanks and big guns. Large HE rounds are very effective against most tanks too.

As for the maps:

Almost all have 3 or less lines of approach forcing head-on fights between the two sides.

Most include substantial urban areas turning things into a street fight at short range.

Anywhere from 20 to 60%+ of a map is unplayable terrain. This further limits the ability to maneuver.

On some maps artillery can be very effective, on others it is all but worthless. It's a crap shoot as to what map you end up on.

A few maps favor an alternate strategy. For example two of the tier 2 maps are well suited to long range sniping. These are exceptions to the rule which tends to be head on battles on a narrow frontage with next to zero room to maneuver. That favors heavy armor and big guns.

"One shot" guns are clearly a better choice to long range accuracy, a small gun with higher RoF and good penetration.
For example, the KV II with a 152mm howitzer is favored heavily over a KV with a 76, 85 or 122mm gun. The 152 will "one shot" most vehicles. Even those it doesn't instantly kill will be badly damaged and suffer multiple critical hits from it. This is because of the way the HE algorithm is currently set.
The 122 howitzer is better than the 76 or 85 in the same fashion. Many German mediums use the 105mm howitzer, as do many US tanks, instead of the 75 or 76mm AT guns for the same reason.

The best strategy on most maps for players using light or medium tanks is to play cautiously and let the heavies engage the enemy first. Scouting with lights is useful but generally means you die doing it.
Mediums have to fight in groups and almost always will require a heavy or two to attract fire before they engage. Otherwise, they tend to just be poorly armored targets that die.
TD's can snipe on some maps if you know where the spots are and you have worked on camouflage and spotting to maximize those. You need a really powerful gun in anything over about Tier 5 to be viable doing this. But, this requires luck on your part to remain unspotted and not under return fire. It also requires your team's players to cooperate in spotting targets for you.

Remember, it is a game not a simulation. What works in the real world often doesn't in the game. If it did then the most popular tanks wouldn't often be the collection of failed prototypes, one-off's, and limited production failures that are.
Old 05 Feb 15, 00:32
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I now have an elite Tier 1 and 2. I've purchased a Tier 3 Stuart and have begun saving to kit it out.
Old 08 Feb 15, 18:31
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Oh, what the hell.
I've been putting it off forever, might as well give it a go.
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
"We have reached the stage where satire is prophecy"
-Theodore Dalrymple
Old 09 Feb 15, 23:30
Brigadier General
Germany

Never say never...

posted from mobile
Old 10 Feb 15, 02:55
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The game was fun for a month. It's turned into an arcade game grind though. I don't think I'll be playing too much.
Old 10 Feb 15, 23:19
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
The game was fun for a month. It's turned into an arcade game grind though. I don't think I'll be playing too much.
Grinding through the lower tiers on stock tanks you don't like can be awful. Since I don't have the time of a student or retiree, I paid to convert free experience to tank specific experience in order to upgrade quicker and avoid stock equipment grinds.

But once you find the right tank, it's a lot more fun.
Old 11 Mar 15, 13:35
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

My tier III Stuart I-IV is geared up now.
Old 11 Mar 15, 16:08
Brigadier General
Germany

I also decided to buy some gold. If you use it carefully it changes your chances a lot. Used my chickenpox absence from work and played a looooot. Reached Tier 8. But its too high for me. Tier V and VI is my league.

posted from mobile
Old 16 Mar 15, 17:32
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanov View Post
I also decided to buy some gold. If you use it carefully it changes your chances a lot. Used my chickenpox absence from work and played a looooot. Reached Tier 8. But its too high for me. Tier V and VI is my league.

posted from mobile
Same here, I have several Tier 8s that I am grinding (the Pershing and the Tiger II) but my heart is in Tier 5. Alot of people say 8 is their favorite tier but for me I seem to go up against Tier 10s waaaaaay too frequently. Ive also been grinding the Tier 6 M6 Heavy tank and it's pretty decent ... it's basically the T1 Heavy with a 90mm gun.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!