StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 13 Jan 15, 18:45
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanov View Post
Thanks for all the replies.
Unfortunately i spent all of my 300 Gold.
I developed the Tank to the maximum - better suspension, stronger engine, larger turret and the 45mm gun. I don't know if it was worth the trouble after some 20 Battles i have approx. 10-11 kills.

Is that ok for a newbee?
What should i do next? Keep on playing this Tank or advance to the next Tiers?
I spent my gold as well. I quite enjoy my Tier II M2.
Old 23 Jan 15, 12:00
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Hey Duncan! I play World of Tanks as well. If you want to add me and play a few games at some point that would be a blast!

My username is Desert_Fox2.
Old 23 Jan 15, 13:22
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200]
I like the new personal missions they have set up because it is initially easy to earn some good credits but the later ones involve platooning and for me I find it hard to set that up since I'm I tend to play in small installments.
Old 27 Jan 15, 07:36
Brigadier General
Germany
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Since you are starting out you have to make some choices
1. Do you keep the lower tiers? (as for credit/repair expense I would keep atleast a tier 6)
2. If you don't keep lower tier move the crew to the next tank or buy new crew?
3. Once you get the hang maybe buy one prem. tank. This will help train crews of that nationality and be a credit earner.
4. Try other nationality. Japan is the hardest.
5. Decide on type of tank you prefer and go that line.
6. Heavy - brawler, med- speed/armor, light speed scout, TD sniper, arty camper support.

Any question just ask. I have over 25k battles played and played many different tanks during that time.
Thanks for all that stuff. Meanwhile i fought some 600 battles. My ratio still sucks. I'm not patient enough, too aggressive and did not stick to one or two vehicles but drove the MS-1, T-26, AT-1, LoLTractor, Pz II, T-46, T-50, T-28
I also bought two premiums (T-127 and Su-85i) after i got a code from a friend. So thats 10 vehicles. Right now i'm on the missions for LT, MT and TD that give you female elite crew members.
That's quick money, even though you sometimes end up with Tier 7 in a Tier IV. Probably because i played in a Platoon...
Old 27 Jan 15, 16:06
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Duncan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
Hey Duncan! I play World of Tanks as well. If you want to add me and play a few games at some point that would be a blast!

My username is Desert_Fox2.
Added you to my friends list.
I'm just playing with a tier 2 M2 right now.
Old 28 Jan 15, 16:04
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
Added you to my friends list.
I'm just playing with a tier 2 M2 right now.
Hey, sounds good! I added you as well!
Old 29 Jan 15, 13:28
Brigadier General
Germany
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300] Hanov is on a distinguished road [300]
Are you guys playing on the US Servers? I'm playing with two mates, we platoon regularly. But we dont coordinate properly. Yet.

posted from mobile
Old 29 Jan 15, 15:10
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

I'm on North America (or is it called U.S.) West.
Old 03 Feb 15, 02:02
Brigadier General
Germany

What Tiers you're all in?

posted from mobile
Old 03 Feb 15, 09:03
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
Up to tier 10 for the Russians and Germans,8 and 9 for the rest.Tier 8 is my favorite for fun quality play,generally .But all tier arty.
Sponsored Links

Old 03 Feb 15, 10:55
Brigadier General
Germany

OK. I'm on 5 now (only Soviet Tanks until now) but have the feeling that i should stick to it for a while. But then theres always another Tank that looks like fun. Played some 900 battles now.

posted from mobile
Old 03 Feb 15, 12:49
Lieutenant Colonel
EU
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99] grishnak is on the path to success [1-99]
Soviet 5 up are entertaining,SP and TD especially so.
Old 03 Feb 15, 13:02
Brigadier General
Germany

Got a KV-1 and SU-85.
And i'm close to the T-34.
Havent tried the 122mm on the KV yet...

posted from mobile
Old 03 Feb 15, 13:57
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200] lynelhutz is walking in the light [200]
I ground through the German TD line up to 10. I liked most of the vehicles but was very disappointed by the "Death Star" at the end. The WT 100 is a mess and so is the Tier 9 WT IV. It can't hide but has little armour. The WT IV has zero gun depression which is a major problem when you are thin skinned TD. The auto-loader on the 100 is fun but when you run out you might as well go get a coffee or beer while you reload.

In a Tier 10 match I would actually prefer the Tier 8 Rhm.
Old 03 Feb 15, 14:14
Vas Fullonibus
Armchair_General

I'm working on getting a radio for my tier 2 M2. Then I'll save for a tier 3 British tank.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!