StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 05 Dec 14, 09:45
Major General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200] JSMoss is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freightshaker View Post
I have been reading that the interface is great for consoles but abysmal for the PC. I might wait a bit on this one.
Frankly, I remapped three or four keys and have no trouble whatsoever with keyboard and mouse. It is designed with a side angle view camera in tactical mode with WADS camera movement which a lot of people whine about but I found it took me all of 10 minutes to get use too. Plus you don't really need tactical mode that much except in boss fights. Of course using a controller with a PC is also an option and appears to be what the devs mean when said they were committed to PC. It does give some problems from what I have heard if you don't have quad core and, somewhat more surprisingly, if you use SLI video set up. I have nothing more than a GX870m and play on ultra with no problems. Have not had a single crash or hangup in about 60 hours of playing.
Old 08 Dec 14, 22:38
Banned
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
Dragon Age II was horrible, so I'm skeptical
I have I and II but haven't played them; maybe I'll skip directly to Inquistion, because I have been reading that people were generally pretty unhappy with II.
Old 09 Dec 14, 02:05
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phebe View Post
I have I and II but haven't played them; maybe I'll skip directly to Inquistion, because I have been reading that people were generally pretty unhappy with II.
DA: Origins is well worth the playthrough. It has a deep and engrossing story and well thought out characters. The emotional quality and humor were an excellent touch. The graphic are pretty raw though and the main character has no voiceover. But the plot, rich background, and diversity of main character/endings had me hooked. DA:O is very helpful in understanding the world and the important characters in DA: Inq.

I actually enjoyed DA: II. The plot wasn't as epic or as gripping as DA:O. It's more about one family and one city state than an entire kingdom. The romances were rather boring, but the gameplay was superior and the main character is voice acted. As an RPG I thought it was good and immersive. Playing it gives a lot of good insight into the plot of DA:I.

Including dlc, Origins was over 80 hours, II was over 60 hours, and I'm at 70 in Inq and nowhere near the end. When you see a high dragon in Inq it really is a holy crap moment. The rendering is awesome.
Old 09 Dec 14, 09:30
Banned
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400] Phebe has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
DA: Origins is well worth the playthrough. It has a deep and engrossing story and well thought out characters. The emotional quality and humor were an excellent touch. The graphic are pretty raw though and the main character has no voiceover. But the plot, rich background, and diversity of main character/endings had me hooked. DA:O is very helpful in understanding the world and the important characters in DA: Inq.

I actually enjoyed DA: II. The plot wasn't as epic or as gripping as DA:O. It's more about one family and one city state than an entire kingdom. The romances were rather boring, but the gameplay was superior and the main character is voice acted. As an RPG I thought it was good and immersive. Playing it gives a lot of good insight into the plot of DA:I.

Including dlc, Origins was over 80 hours, II was over 60 hours, and I'm at 70 in Inq and nowhere near the end. When you see a high dragon in Inq it really is a holy crap moment. The rendering is awesome.
Okay, that is extremely useful feedback, and I'm now eager to play the DAs, as a break from pretty much nonstop Assassin's Creed. I like it that you too record hours played: I record hours played on all my games, and find that very useful. For instance, some people feel the Assassin's Creed games are getting dumbed down ---- well, yeah!! In I it took me 11 hours to get thru the penultimate Boss fight and 9 hours to get thru the last one! I kept track of that specially because they were so hard. But in the later games, no delays to amount to much --- maybe 4 hours on the underground river in Liberation, that was the hardest single trial since AC I. Maybe I'm getting better, but..........naaaaah, they've dumbed them down. [:-)
Old 30 Dec 14, 06:25
General
United_States

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Finished my first playthrough with my two weapon rogue. It was a wild ride! 150 hours of adventure.

Old 31 Dec 14, 02:47
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Finished my first playthrough with my two weapon rogue. It was a wild ride! 150 hours of adventure.
That's about the same number of hours I'll be looking at. Also playing a two weapon human Rogue.

Excellent game!

Homer

BoRG
Old 02 Jan 15, 18:23
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
That's about the same number of hours I'll be looking at. Also playing a two weapon human Rogue.

Excellent game!
I'm 20 hours into a sword and shield warrior now. I had to tweek some of the character appearance too.
Old 11 Feb 15, 05:08
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Just finished the game with about 150 hours total play time.

Excellent game. Loved it!

Homer

BoRG
Old 20 Feb 15, 04:12
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
Just finished the game with about 150 hours total play time.

Excellent game. Loved it!
I just finished the sword and shield playthrough. I had to do the Cullenmance this time. I'm giving multiplayer a try, but it's meh.
Old 20 Feb 15, 19:20
General
United_States

Quote:
I just finished the sword and shield playthrough. I had to do the Cullenmance this time. I'm giving multiplayer a try, but it's meh.
I romanced Cassandra.

Homer

BoRG
Old 11 May 15, 07:20
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'm at 103 hrs, with a lot to explore yet. I'm thinking 200hrs easy, if I continue to search every nook and cranny, and complete every quest I find. Amazing.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 03 Jun 15, 20:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I kinda burned out on DA:Inquistion. I'm playing Witcher 3 now..

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 25 Nov 15, 05:18
Lance Corporal
Armchair_General

ChasseurMarion is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
I'm at 103 hrs, with a lot to explore yet. I'm thinking 200hrs easy, if I continue to search every nook and cranny, and complete every quest I find. Amazing.
Well, Ive finished the game at 130+ hrs. It was a great journey. Now Im playing Skyrim. A hell of a game.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!