StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > The Barracks

Notices and Announcements

The Barracks For stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Members can retire from the serious discussions elsewhere on the forums...and relax here.

Old 11 Sep 14, 14:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Exclamation The Show Your Pet Thread

This is Steve-o my rabbit. I can't have a dog or a cat because I work 12 hour shift and I'm gone for like 15 hrs at a time and there is nobody to look after a dog. But Steve-o is fine in his cage as long as I keep him well supplied with food!

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 11 Sep 14, 20:31
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
This is Duchess the 2 1/2 year old 110 pound enforcer of the pack of 15 dogs that live with me.

Here is a picture of her at the age of 4 months, look at the size of her paws.

The back lab in my avatar is Colonel he died june of 2013, I had him for14 years.

Last edited by Trung Si; 11 Sep 14 at 21:22..
Old 11 Sep 14, 22:27
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
Munchkins having fun with the ice on the fence;

Having fun with a dog toy;

Playing with the big red ball
Old 11 Sep 14, 23:15
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400] HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
Old 12 Sep 14, 11:11
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Jr. View Post
Here is my Heeler!

Old 12 Sep 14, 14:06
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400] HMS Jr. has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung Si View Post
Here is my Heeler!

Lovely, aren't they? Mine herds and watches over the grandkids like sheep. Protective, yet w/o being threatening. Man oh man I love that dog.
Old 15 Sep 14, 10:41
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
'Princess Banjo Montgolfier Barrage-Balloon Van Der Moose

Or

'Sam' as everyone else calls her, in Rhodesian Army Rifles badged green beret.

I want a Blackhawks bandanna for her for the upcoming season but they're hard to get this side of the pond and my father hates it when I put stupid clothes on the dog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0038.jpg (251.9 KB, 23 views)

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Old 15 Sep 14, 13:48
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selous View Post

Or

I want a Blackhawks bandanna for her for the upcoming season but they're hard to get this side of the pond and my father hates it when I put stupid clothes on the dog.
Sam is a cool dog!
Old 15 Sep 14, 16:36
England

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Sam is a cool dog!
Thank you (i'll pass on the compliment )
She's the most gentle creature - and yet Rotweiler's have a terrible reputation - we've had many dogs but she above all of them I know is least aggressive (and we've had some meek animals) because she is so confident of her own strength she's rarely scared of anything - never bites the vet or anything- and so never lashes out. She can play rough and I've seen her get angry at other dogs, but she's never snapped at us out of fear.
Duchess is a fine animal. have you pictures of your other 14? (14! I thought we had it big with 6 at one time - now only three, sadly)

Old 15 Sep 14, 17:34
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selous View Post

Or

Aah, no big deal....he probaly put stupid clothes on you as well.

Pretty animal.

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

'half-baked, spurious nationalism'
Sponsored Links

Old 15 Sep 14, 19:07
Brigadier General
Canada
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Critters!

These are our furry children. The dogs are both Retrievers, pics were taken last January:

The "white one" is an 8 yr. old female pure bred English Cream Golden Retriever, a gift at 5 months old to my wife from our neighbour; he died a month later. Her name is "Lady Shiloh", aka "Girlie", aka "Miss Monroe".
Shiloh.jpg

The "black one" is a 6 yr. old male cross between a female pure bred American Golden Retriever, and a pure bred male Black Labrador Retriever. I picked him up on a local Pottawatomie Reserve, his name is "Beauregard", aka "Beau", aka "BoBo".
Beauregard.jpg

The cat is a 2 yr old male Long Haired Orange Tabby (our last one was "taken" by a local Fisher) he goes by "Ferguson Tecumseh Sherman", aka "Furg!" You'll note that he likes to read the paper with me, and climb into my gitch when I'm sitting on the shitter!
Furg reading the paper.jpg

Furg in the Gitch!.jpg
Old 15 Sep 14, 20:16
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmat View Post
These are our furry children. The dogs are both Retrievers, pics were taken last January:

The "white one" is an 8 yr. old female pure bred English Cream Golden Retriever, a gift at 5 months old to my wife from our neighbour; he died a month later. Her name is "Lady Shiloh", aka "Girlie", aka "Miss Monroe".
Attachment 60782

The "black one" is a 6 yr. old male cross between a female pure bred American Golden Retriever, and a pure bred male Black Labrador Retriever. I picked him up on a local Pottawatomie Reserve, his name is "Beauregard", aka "Beau", aka "BoBo".
Attachment 60783

The cat is a 2 yr old male Long Haired Orange Tabby (our last one was "taken" by a local Fisher) he goes by "Ferguson Tecumseh Sherman", aka "Furg!" You'll note that he likes to read the paper with me, and climb into my gitch when I'm sitting on the shitter!
Attachment 60785

Attachment 60784
Outstanding!
I also have three retrievers (black Labs), I also have an orange cat named George.
Old 16 Sep 14, 13:02
Brigadier General
Canada
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700] Marmat is a glorious beacon of light [700]
You can't top ...

... Black Labs! After experiencing pure-bred related health problems & expenses with a female Irish Setter (that still lived 13 years) I opted for Black Lab crosses. Bobo, the "Black Golden Retriever" as our Vet says, is our third. The first (Nicky) was from a female Black Lab & male English Field Spaniel; all black smallish Lab, with longer hair. He lived 16 years and is buried out back; the ultimate dog.

Having some experience with Orange Tabby males, I bet George runs the roost? Or at least the Labs let him think so?

Quote:
Outstanding!
I also have three retrievers (black Labs), I also have an orange cat named George.
Old 05 Oct 14, 10:35
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
Aah, no big deal....he probaly put stupid clothes on you as well.

Pretty animal.
Almost routinely :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img869.jpg (104.1 KB, 14 views)

Old 05 Oct 14, 12:06
General of the Forums
Pirate
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Here's 10/12 of our pack...

Front left to right: Ian Luis, Daisy (Pomeranians), Chance (Chi-Pom), Maggie (chinchilla-koala?), Hope (Chance's twin sister), Jobu (Pom-Schipperke), Lucas (Pom-Border Collie?), Elliot (Chi-Weenie). Back: Ginger (Chi-Weenie).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_291616199997102.jpeg (173.3 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by The Doctor; 05 Oct 14 at 12:42..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!