StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games

Notices and Announcements

MMO Games Players can discuss their online experiences with Massively Multiplayer Online games here!

Old 04 Aug 14, 00:39
Private First Class
United_States

Earth001 is on the path to success [1-99]
Star Trek online?

Don't know if there is an Star Trek online thread somewhere but I am making it. I like to play this game and I was wondering if there is anyone else who does? What are some of your favorite moments of this game?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 05 Aug 14, 12:53
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
I play occasionally when the bug gets me. Haven't played for about 6 months now. I Like the Romulan stuff well enough.
Old 16 Sep 14, 00:56
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Martok has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I used to play often, but haven't in a while. The Romulan Campaign was fun, I agree. I don't know, following the death of Warhammer Online my interest in playing MMO games faded. STO is a good game, mind, I just haven't been able to generate any enthusiasm for investing the time lately.

As for favorite moments in game, I recall one planet fall mission with my Starfleet characters, having to fight my way through a Romulan base. Blowing up a Borg Cube was also fun.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)
Old 21 Nov 14, 12:49
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100] Redwolf has demonstrated strength of character [100]
It is a good game run by a company who does things for existing customers (instead of just useless changes going after new, more casual customers). It has both ground combat and space combat. Space combat is a pseudo-3D bastard in mostly 2D but fun enough to blow up a cruiser or two. Good cosmetic system, good customization options between your actual character, the ship and the crew.

Problems involved story pacing (story develops too slowly as you zoom around and do missions), general engagement (mostly due to pacing problems) and the tactical control over your teammates in ground combat (some say ground combat isn't any good).

The world feels a bit disconnected due to the nature of flying from planet to plant or beaming from station to ground and the like. It isn't like an open world MMO where you can meet anybody anytime just walking in a straight line.

As others have noted, my interest in MMO games took a significant hit after my home game was wrecked in jerk moves. It is difficult to make another big investment, emotionally.
Old 27 Jan 15, 10:01
Private
United_States

Al Lowe is on the path to success [1-99]
I like the game, but find I can only play it in spurts. I'll go several months of playing it constantly, then I'll go a month or so where I barely log on. I think part of it for me is the level system. I've never been a fan of leveling. Guess that's why I never cared for D&D back in the day when it started.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!