StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 31 Jul 04, 08:42
General
Russia
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally posted by Uberdave
DEEP in the REAR? Is it a homosexual love story between two young soldaty?

Did you see these movies?

DEEP REAR is place which is far from frontline.
Old 31 Jul 04, 10:39
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrey
Did you see these movies?

DEEP REAR is place which is far from frontline.
Andrey could you put a * in front of the action ones and a # in front of the dramas so everyone knows which ones are which... They all look good and I'll watch a drama myself but it would help.

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte
Old 31 Jul 04, 12:34
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Andrey, Uberdave....
You laughed me into tears with your "DEEP in the REAR"

Really this origined with incorrect translation of Andrey.
He meant "IN DEEP REARS" of the USSR or "hinterland", but what he had wrote really can be read in a funny way
Old 31 Jul 04, 19:12
Corporal
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Uberdave is a balanced individual [0]
@ Andrey
"DEEP REAR is place which is far from frontline."

Yes, I know. I was just making a joke...even if it was a bad one.
Old 01 Aug 04, 00:56
General
Russia

Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100] Andrey has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally posted by Uberdave
Great list!

Ive been wanting to order 'Come and See', but the cheapest copy Ive found is about US $30.
Look this
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...video&n=162391
Sponsored Links

Old 01 Aug 04, 02:21
ACG Forum Staff
United_States

Leatherneck has disabled reputation
Anvas and Andrey

Have you guys see the movie call "K-19: Widowmaker"? Just wonder if you have seen it.

Army
Old 01 Aug 04, 09:32
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally posted by Army
Anvas and Andrey

Have you guys see the movie call "K-19: Widowmaker"? Just wonder if you have seen it.

Army
I saw it.

It is relatively good movie, it is first Hollywood movie where officers and sailors are like real Soviet sailors, their faces and uniform are very like with real Soviet (Russian) ones, sometimes I forgot that it was US movie with US actors.

Unfortunally, movie had some very bad Western stamps about Soviets. I read interview with real Russian military submariner who was adviser of movie director.

In some questions he spoke that things are made wrong but director answered: We make movie for money, western spectator will not understand it, we have to do movie which will give us money.

For example, it was about disorder during "Alarm". Soviet submariner said that he learned actors to make their duties during "Alarm" and they made necessary operations in complete order. And Russian submariner said for movie director that he learned completely untrained actors to make duties during "Alarm" without any disorder and why does director suppose that sailors of Soviet regular nuclear submarines couldn't study it also. Director answered that it was made for entertainment of US spectators...
Old 01 Aug 04, 12:07
General of the Forums
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400] BarcelonaBlom has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:

In some questions he spoke that things are made wrong but director answered: We make movie for money, western spectator will not understand it, we have to do movie which will give us money.

For example, it was about disorder during "Alarm". Soviet submariner said that he learned actors to make their duties during "Alarm" and they made necessary operations in complete order. And Russian submariner said for movie director that he learned completely untrained actors to make duties during "Alarm" without any disorder and why does director suppose that sailors of Soviet regular nuclear submarines couldn't study it also. Director answered that it was made for entertainment of US spectators...
ACK! I hate that.. I want to see things AS THEY HAPPENED not some thing thrown in for dramatic effect. K-19 is a true story so lets see the truth...

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte
Old 01 Aug 04, 13:05
ACG Forum Staff
United_States

Leatherneck has disabled reputation
Quote:
I saw it.

It is relatively good movie, it is first Hollywood movie where officers and sailors are like real Soviet sailors, their faces and uniform are very like with real Soviet (Russian) ones, sometimes I forgot that it was US movie with US actors.

Unfortunally, movie had some very bad Western stamps about Soviets. I read interview with real Russian military submariner who was adviser of movie director.

Actually, Harrison Ford was pretty good on that movie i mean i just saw the making K-19 Widowmaker not long ago and he was discussing about the crews of K-19 were heroes i mean they did the risk to try save the sub, but most of them died from radiation sickness(Is that correct?).

Army
Old 01 Aug 04, 13:20
General
Russia

Quote:
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
ACK! I hate that.. I want to see things AS THEY HAPPENED not some thing thrown in for dramatic effect. K-19 is a true story so lets see the truth...
Yes, real story of K-19 is story of feat. But I doubt that real story of K-19 was showm corretly in movie.
Old 01 Aug 04, 13:34
General
Russia

Quote:
Actually, Harrison Ford was pretty good on that movie i mean i just saw the making K-19 Widowmaker not long ago and he was discussing about the crews of K-19 were heroes i mean they did the risk to try save the sub, but most of them died from radiation sickness(Is that correct?).

Army
No, as I know only some part of them died from radiation.

About correctness of movie. When real members of K-19 crew in Russia saw first version of movie they were outraged. As I know they do not like and last version. They spoke that it was parody on Soviet Navy...

As for me I saw very many strange episodes for believing in correctness of movie.

Firstly, Soviet officers were not idiots but some their actions in movie are strange. (I am Russian leuitenant and I am speakimg for you that Russian officers are not idiots).

For example, captain sent repair party in zone with high radiation and saw that these guys got too large dose of radiation, what will normal officer order to next repair party? Yes, normal officer will reduce time of staying in zone of radiation for saving of their lifes. But in movie captain sent sailors for the same time like first party (it means to send them on death) and I doubt that in reality Soviet captain could do it.

Also there are very many other strange orders and decisios in movie...
Old 01 Aug 04, 23:56
General
Russia

Here is other GREAT link on US E-shop with Russian-Soviet movies

http://www.russianbeat.com/v_tree.cf...E5%ED%ED%FB%E5

You will find here very many movies from my list.

Unfortunally not all these movies are translated in English.

Here is link on other excellent classic movie about Soviet spy in Germany

http://www.russianbeat.com/v_tree.cf...E5%ED%ED%FB%E5

"Shchit i mech"
("Shield and sword")

Shield and sword were in sign of KGB, it means that KGB protected interests of country.
Old 02 Aug 04, 00:59
General
Russia

Quote:
Anvas and Andrey

Army
If you are interesting about Russian submariners...

Here is link on "72 meters", it is modern Russian movie about submariners, it is "Russian answer on K-19" according advertisement.

http://www.russianbeat.com/v_tree.cf...E5%F2%ED%FB%E9

I saw it and it is great movie.

Attention: I gave you link on Russian language version but I know that this movie was shown in Hollywood to US cinema stars some months ago.
Old 02 Aug 04, 03:47
Russia

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Anvas and Andrey

Army
Nope, I wasn't. I'm trying to avoid American movies about Russians. Usually they have nothing in common with real Russians. I see only stamps and myths.. :crazy:

Speaking about K-19 I agree with Andrey in general...
Old 02 Aug 04, 04:00
Russia

Yesterday I saw one interesting Russain movie "Allegro s Ognem" (Allegro with Fire). I know it to be based on REAL events - fight of Soviet miners agains German aerial mines in June-July 1941 in Sevastopol. By that ones Germans tried to lock the Black Sea Fleet into ist base, but failed. Germans thought that mines to be unneutralizable. They designed lots of different traps and self-liquidators, but nothing helped. Secrets of that mines were revealed and Soviet Navy didn't got significant affect of German mines on Naval operations. Heh, much more affect was of Soviet mine-fields against Soviet ships...

In that movie the main subject is correctly shown. Incorrect is only two things i) loss of mine-sweeper with all its crew from mine explosion. In reality it successfully did its work.... ii) When commander ordered "Put away gang-plank". In reality, noone sailor will call ship's ladder a "gang-plank".....

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!