HistoryNet.com RSS
ArmchairGeneral.com RSS

HistoryNet.com Articles
America's Civil War
American History
Aviation History
Civil War Times
MHQ
Military History
Vietnam
Wild West
World War II

ACG Online
ACG Magazine
Stuff We Like
War College
History News
Tactics 101
Carlo D'Este
Books

ACG Gaming
Boardgames
PC Game Reviews

ACG Network
Contact Us
Our Newsletter
Meet Our Staff
Advertise With Us

Sites We Support
HistoryNet.com
StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > East Asia and the Pacific

Notices and Announcements

East Asia and the Pacific China - Japan - Australia and challenges throughout East Asia.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 11 Mar 14, 06:26
GMan88's Avatar
GMan88 GMan88 is offline
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: manila
Posts: 7,743
GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
No, it is common to find a fairly large debris field. The Air France flight the tail section was afloat along with a lot of other wreckage. Flight 800 was that way. That is normal.

The Air France flight recovery of the recorders was difficult because of the ocean depth and area of search. That took two years. Even then they had considerable other data from recorders that took flight information ashore even as the aircraft wasn't on radar.

Here you should have the same thing: Other communications systems on the aircraft would continue to work even if the IFF was turned off. The persistence of cell phones taking calls would be an indication that they are not on the bottom of the ocean. If flight data transmissions ceased with radar contact or the IFF being lost then it is more likely those systems were deliberately turned off than not.
Thanks for the reply. Now i am more alarmed and concerned at the possibility it might be a hijacking, although that is of course the better scenario because it would mean he passengers and crew are still alive.

Here is another article.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/10/wo...ane-scenarios/
__________________
"We have no white flag."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11 Mar 14, 10:02
Taieb el-Okbi's Avatar
Taieb el-Okbi Taieb el-Okbi is offline
Banned
United_States
 
Real Name: John
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,775
Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojik View Post
Geez, who cares?
Ok fine, just dont say a thing to me when you see Hitler, Goebbles, Himmler, or some other Nazi in my avatar, but dont you worry I will be "mocking them"



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojik View Post
And unless that hardworking team of Jewish Muslims was on the airliner why are you even discussing it here? Go open a thread about avatars and whatnots if you feel so stongly about it.
What the????? What about Pearl Harbor, Im gonna put up a picture of a Jap(shown in a bad way) in my avatar,I dont give a dam what year it is, not to mention why should I care about the other Japanese folks who are good people?

I love how you selectively respond to my points Rojik, here maybe pay attention to the following and respond to my points below?,

I must say this is amazing, talk about letting the terrorists win, people like Bin laden, Anders Brevik, mass school shooters, they win when idiots give in to utter stupidity. That stop Islamazation of Europe is complete filth, utter hatred which is rejected by practically anyone with a mind. Those pictures of Muslims holding signs saying this and that, give me a break, I can find pictures of "radical Jews" and "radical Christians" and radical anythings, I mean wow, just wow, the floodgates are open. LoL

Of course in your mind Rojik, the above might not mean a thing to you. Not that I care, or you care, I'm simply pointing out facts.

Edit: In the end, Vince has the freedom to choose his avatar, while I dislike the avatar it is the guys choice, and I wont be derailing this thread anymore

Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 11 Mar 14 at 10:33..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11 Mar 14, 10:43
Cult Icon's Avatar
Cult Icon Cult Icon is offline
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE US
Posts: 7,156
Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600] Cult Icon is simply cracking [600]
Taleb= forum troll, probably rick.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11 Mar 14, 13:27
ChrisF1987's Avatar
ChrisF1987 ChrisF1987 is offline
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Real Name: Chris F
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On a Long Island in New York, USA
Posts: 2,912
ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan88 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Now i am more alarmed and concerned at the possibility it might be a hijacking, although that is of course the better scenario because it would mean he passengers and crew are still alive.

Here is another article.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/10/wo...ane-scenarios/
The Powers That Be have been rejecting this notion from the beginning, however as time goes by and we are not finding the wreckage it is becoming increasingly obvious that the plane was hijacked.

Where else could the plane be? If it crashed then why is the plane's "black box" not emitting signals as it should be?

The Royal Malayasian Air Force just announced that they "last detected the plane flying HUNDREDS of miles beyond it's flight path" over the Strait of Malacca ... at less than 3,000 feet high. Someone was in control of the flight and it sure wasent the flight crew. They turned the transponders off and were flying below civilian radar coverage for a reason.

Last edited by ChrisF1987; 11 Mar 14 at 13:32..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11 Mar 14, 15:18
Trung Si's Avatar
Trung Si Trung Si is offline
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,385
Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900] Trung Si has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
The Powers That Be have been rejecting this notion from the beginning, however as time goes by and we are not finding the wreckage it is becoming increasingly obvious that the plane was hijacked.

Where else could the plane be? If it crashed then why is the plane's "black box" not emitting signals as it should be?

The Royal Malayasian Air Force just announced that they "last detected the plane flying HUNDREDS of miles beyond it's flight path" over the Strait of Malacca ... at less than 3,000 feet high. Someone was in control of the flight and it sure wasent the flight crew. They turned the transponders off and were flying below civilian radar coverage for a reason.
Sadly, I have reached the same conclusion!
__________________
Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

  #51  
Old 11 Mar 14, 15:42
The Exorcist's Avatar
The Exorcist The Exorcist is offline
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 27,495
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
So, where did those 2 Iranians take it, and why?

Will it turn up somewhere in the Maldives?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TactiKill J. View Post
...
If your argument is that the government doesn't spy on its own citizens then you're completely oblivious to reality.
Blaming the Las Vegas massacre on gun owners is like blaming 9-11 on frequent fliers.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11 Mar 14, 15:52
Half Pint John's Avatar
Half Pint John Half Pint John is offline
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Real Name: John (NO LABELS)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Stuttgart Germany
Posts: 47,032
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
The Powers That Be have been rejecting this notion from the beginning, however as time goes by and we are not finding the wreckage it is becoming increasingly obvious that the plane was hijacked.

Where else could the plane be? If it crashed then why is the plane's "black box" not emitting signals as it should be?

The Royal Malayasian Air Force just announced that they "last detected the plane flying HUNDREDS of miles beyond it's flight path" over the Strait of Malacca ... at less than 3,000 feet high. Someone was in control of the flight and it sure wasent the flight crew. They turned the transponders off and were flying below civilian radar coverage for a reason.
3000 MSL is only below some civilian radars. Approach Control follows you to the ground. However that is another subject.

IF it has been Hi Jacked and there is no trace so far, it might be time to start looking closely at the passenger list. Is/was there anybody on board that some government might be interested in?

The plot thickens.

This seems to be a first in modern commercial aviation history. Plane totally disappears
__________________
"Ask not what your country can do for you"

[COLOR=Blue][I]Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11 Mar 14, 15:53
boomer400's Avatar
boomer400 boomer400 is offline
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,838
boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200]
Scenario : 777s have had transponder issues before. If the plane had an onboard electrical failure that would do it. If the failure resulted in a fire or decompression, that might cascade into enough events that the plane and crew might have gone into Payne Stewart mode. Maybe the crew had just enough time to start an emergency descent or set an altitude to descend to? It almost went on a reciprocal course back to Kuala Lumpur but didn't do anything once over the island. That suggests (if not a terrorist hijack) the crew was incapacitated. Probably passengers were also then. Plane is somewhere now in the Indian Ocean at the limit of the fuel reserves....

That could also suggest why briefly some people were able to see their relatives phones briefly.....

Now, if the terrorist theory is possible, then you have to do the same fuel calculation adjusting for altitude, time in air, lower fuel weight, etc. However, they were already up for an hour and returned almost reciprocally for about an hour. So they had about 4 hours flight time left. Indonesias the best possibility then. If they were lucky, they could have made it to Colombo, Sri Lanka or really lucky somewhere in Southern India. But they didn't. Pretty sure we would've heard about it as it would've had to land on a commercial strip or military strip. No way they could've made it to Pakistan, Afghanistan, or the Middle East at 3000 MSL.

My guess is take last few radar headings, follow the headings and go out 1-4 hours in an appropriate search pattern.

Maybe try Indonesia, around the northern end near Aceh, there's some big national parks there. Could've crashed there....more likely the ocean though.

Last edited by boomer400; 11 Mar 14 at 16:24..
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11 Mar 14, 17:04
lakechampainer's Avatar
lakechampainer lakechampainer is offline
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Oceania
Posts: 10,057
lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
is that serious, a guy has a picutre in his avatar which says behead those who say Islam is violent



As an American, I must say we dont need to see pictures of Al Qaeda being glorified. Look in any event, I really dont give a dam what you think based on your recent post(are you ok with Al Qaeda avatars?), but I will say, if you think its ok to have a avatar which glorifies Al Qaeda, then I really have nothing to say to you.
Remember - I am the KKK guy, or at least that's what you said.

So save us the moral arbiter BS.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11 Mar 14, 17:46
Achtung Baby's Avatar
Achtung Baby Achtung Baby is offline
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ...
Posts: 15,214
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Military tracked flight MH370.

Quote:
"It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," a senior military officer, who has been briefed on investigations, told Reuters.

That would appear to rule out sudden catastrophic mechanical failure, as it would mean the plane flew around 500 kilometres at least after its last contact with air traffic control, although its transponder and other tracking systems were off.

The effect of turning off the transponder is to make the aircraft inert to secondary radar, so civil controllers cannot identify it.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-1...o-west/5314212
__________________
"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
Ernest Hemingway.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11 Mar 14, 17:50
GMan88's Avatar
GMan88 GMan88 is offline
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: manila
Posts: 7,743
GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF1987 View Post
The Powers That Be have been rejecting this notion from the beginning, however as time goes by and we are not finding the wreckage it is becoming increasingly obvious that the plane was hijacked.

Where else could the plane be? If it crashed then why is the plane's "black box" not emitting signals as it should be?

The Royal Malayasian Air Force just announced that they "last detected the plane flying HUNDREDS of miles beyond it's flight path" over the Strait of Malacca ... at less than 3,000 feet high. Someone was in control of the flight and it sure wasent the flight crew. They turned the transponders off and were flying below civilian radar coverage for a reason.
Personally i find the hijacking scenario scarier than the crash scenario, i dont know why. Still, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping passengers and crew are still alive.
__________________
"We have no white flag."
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11 Mar 14, 17:55
T. A. Gardner's Avatar
T. A. Gardner T. A. Gardner is offline
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
 
Real Name: T. A. Gardner
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 34,306
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The plot thickens. Malaysian military is also saying it was flying at low altitude so....

http://news.msn.com/world/malaysian-...changed-course
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11 Mar 14, 18:01
GMan88's Avatar
GMan88 GMan88 is offline
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: manila
Posts: 7,743
GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung Baby View Post
Why are they announcing this only now? Wouldnt it have widened the search area earlier?
__________________
"We have no white flag."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11 Mar 14, 18:07
Achtung Baby's Avatar
Achtung Baby Achtung Baby is offline
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ...
Posts: 15,214
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan88 View Post
Why are they announcing this only now? Wouldnt it have widened the search area earlier?
No idea, but it's going to put Malaysia's military on notice because of the silence. The 10 nations searching will want answers now!
__________________
"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
Ernest Hemingway.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11 Mar 14, 18:32
tigersqn's Avatar
tigersqn tigersqn is offline
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
 
Real Name: Pierre
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,307
tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan88 View Post
Why are they announcing this only now? Wouldnt it have widened the search area earlier?

I'm not sure.

Most western nations and many others have their military SAR operations plugged directly into the civilian network. I could imagine that the military radar systems would not be however.
There are capabilities and such that they not want divulged. They may also have not known exactly what they were seeing.
__________________
Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Reply

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!


Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.