StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > East Asia and the Pacific

Notices and Announcements

East Asia and the Pacific China - Japan - Australia and challenges throughout East Asia.

Old 10 Mar 14, 15:31
Banned
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200]
Ships and Aircraft are now heading towards a reported debris field about 90 kms on the SE Vietnam coast.
Old 10 Mar 14, 21:25
General of the Forums
Philippines
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
As I asked earlier if the lack of debris was normal, and now this:

http://www.news24.com/Travel/Flights...swers-20140310
Old 10 Mar 14, 21:51
General of the Forums
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500] tigersqn is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan88 View Post

Wow !!

I wonder what the possibility is of the aircraft being hijacked and landed at some remote field ?
Anybody know how long a runway the 777 needs for a landing ?

Or a Bermuda Triangle thingy ?
Old 10 Mar 14, 22:18
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
One possibility that is now being floated is the aircraft was hijacked. If the hijackers turned off the IFF the aircraft would have disappeared off the radar tracking systems just like they did on 9/11. If this is the case the plane could be on one of a number of abandoned or semi-abandoned airfields in the region.

Given the fuel and range of the aircraft in this case it could be sitting on Tinian or in some remote part of China or Mongolia along with any number of other island and remote airfields.
Old 10 Mar 14, 23:33
Banned
United_States

Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceW View Post
Ships and Aircraft are now heading towards a reported debris field about 90 kms on the SE Vietnam coast.
are you in the ISIS or the Taliban? Or a different radical group(based on your avatar)
Old 10 Mar 14, 23:37
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taieb el-Okbi View Post
are you in the ISIS or the Taliban? Or a different radical group(based on your avatar)
Taking up personal attacks again?
Old 10 Mar 14, 23:43
Banned
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200] VinceW is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
I'm mocking them by showing off their retarded beliefs ,kay?
Old 10 Mar 14, 23:51
Banned
United_States

Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100] Taieb el-Okbi has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
I'm mocking them by showing off their retarded beliefs ,kay?
Oh ok, I might put Adolf Hitler in my avatar to "mock him"

Whose them? there is one person holding up a sign in your avatar

Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 10 Mar 14 at 23:57..
Old 10 Mar 14, 23:54
Banned
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakechampainer View Post
Taking up personal attacks again?
is that serious, a guy has a picutre in his avatar which says behead those who say Islam is violent

As an American, I must say we dont need to see pictures of Al Qaeda being glorified. Look in any event, I really dont give a dam what you think based on your recent post(are you ok with Al Qaeda avatars?), but I will say, if you think its ok to have a avatar which glorifies Al Qaeda, then I really have nothing to say to you.
Old 11 Mar 14, 00:07
Banned
United_States

My Lord, I must say this is amazing, talk about letting the terrorists win, people like Bin laden, Anders Brevik, mass school shooters, they win when idiots give in to utter stupidity. That stop Islamazation of Europe is complete filth, utter hatred which is rejected by practically anyone with a mind. Those pictures of Muslims holding signs saying this and that, give me a break, I can find pictures of "radical Jews" and "radical Christians" and radical anythings, I mean wow, just wow, the floodgates are open. LoL

By putting up a absurd fringe picture in your avatar, VinceW, your only giving extremists of all natures a win. Your probably a good person in RL, why the need for the picture man?

The maniacal anti Islamophobes like Robert Spencer of SIOA and groups like Stop islamazaiton of Europe, they win when people give into these theatrics, there is no issue with Muslims invading Europe of the USA. This is America We have been around for 225+ years and fought off the nazis, give me a break with this "we need to worry about the Muslims" no we dont Wake up! Common criminals in/outside the USA are the threat, not Muslims or Jews or w/e

Meanwhile over in Pakistan a 14 year old Muslim sacrifices himself and throws himself at a would be sucide bomber, and yet VinceW you have that avatar, a mega insult to a religion. Oh thats wonderful, really its hilarious because the truth is, now I can put up a avatar which insults Jews, Buddhists or who ever I want. You have opened up the floodgates Vince W thanks dude

Last edited by Taieb el-Okbi; 11 Mar 14 at 00:16..
Sponsored Links

Old 11 Mar 14, 00:12
Banned
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Oh ok, I might put Adolf Hitler in my avatar to "mock him"
If you want to mock Hitler take a look at Skoblin's avatar.

Quote:
Whose them? there is one person holding up a sign in your avatar
Them are any Muslims that believe that which there are many.
Old 11 Mar 14, 00:14
General of the Forums
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

It is a strange story indeed.

I think I like the UFO theory best of all.

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!
Old 11 Mar 14, 00:15
Banned
United_States

Quote:
If you want to mock Hitler take a look at Skoblin's avatar.
I havent seen it, Ill take a look soon

Quote:
Them are any Muslims that believe that.
So what, theres Christians who believe Jews should turn to Jesus, theres Christians in Nigeria in who eat Muslims for dinner. So really, whats the point of your avatar considering the fact that for example, in Israel, Muslims and Jews co exist just fine, we see Muslims and Jews working together in business, law, medicine etc, and in Israel.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=145738

And then we have your avatar, how do you think these Jews and Muslims who work together in Israel and many other places in the world, would react to your avatar?
Old 11 Mar 14, 00:21
General of the Forums
Australia
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

And then we have your avatar, how do you think these Jews and Muslims who work together in Israel and many other places in the world, would react to your avatar?
Geez, who cares? And unless that hardworking team of Jewish Muslims was on the airliner why are you even discussing it here? Go open a thread about avatars and whatnots if you feel so stongly about it.

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!
Old 11 Mar 14, 00:35
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Is this lack of debris normal? I was expecting more.
No, it is common to find a fairly large debris field. The Air France flight the tail section was afloat along with a lot of other wreckage. Flight 800 was that way. That is normal.

The Air France flight recovery of the recorders was difficult because of the ocean depth and area of search. That took two years. Even then they had considerable other data from recorders that took flight information ashore even as the aircraft wasn't on radar.

Here you should have the same thing: Other communications systems on the aircraft would continue to work even if the IFF was turned off. The persistence of cell phones taking calls would be an indication that they are not on the bottom of the ocean. If flight data transmissions ceased with radar contact or the IFF being lost then it is more likely those systems were deliberately turned off than not.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!