StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > American Age of Discovery, Colonization, Revolution, & Expansion > The Wild West

Notices and Announcements

The Wild West Discussions on Cowboys & Indians, Mexican War, etc. Sponsored by Wild West magazine.

Old 19 Jul 04, 10:03
General of the Forums
Hungary
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Lightbulb Admin: Scope of "Wild West" Subforum

What is the scope of this subforum?

Short version: Cowboys and Indians of North America, including fur trappers, and French missionaries.

Here you will find the Indian Wars, the Mexican War, the California Gold Rush, information on various Indian (Native American) tribes and nations, gunslingers, and train robbers and banditos.

JS

editted to fix the boldfaces.

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
http://www.mormon.org
http://www.sca.org
http://www.scv.org/
http://www.scouting.org/

Last edited by Admiral; 03 Nov 05 at 01:33..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 19 Jul 04, 11:48

I might go a little further and add - that in my mind anything 'frontier' is fair game too.

West is a relative term. :thumb:
Old 19 Jul 04, 12:08
General of the Forums
Hungary
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally posted by *********
I might go a little further and add - that in my mind anything 'frontier' is fair game too.

West is a relative term. :thumb:
Roger. I worded it vaguely to allow for that. Did I leave anything else out? I should have coordinated this with you before I put it out, and apologize for not having done so.

JS

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
Old 19 Jul 04, 12:12
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Re: The Scope Of "the Wild West" Subforum

Quote:
Originally posted by Janos
[B]What is the scope of this subforum?

[B]Short version: Cowboys and Indians of North America, including fur trappers, and French missionaries.

Here you will find the Indian Wars, the Mexican War, the California Gold Rush, information on various Indian (Native American) tribes and nations, gunslingers, and train robbers and banditos.

JS
How early does this subforum cover? And how far east is included in the "Wild West"? Example, in the 1770-80's the "frontier" was east of the Mississippi...........is this included?

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 19 Jul 04, 12:16
General of the Forums
Hungary

Re: Re: The Scope Of "the Wild West" Subforum

Quote:
Originally posted by Lance Williams
How early does this subforum cover? And how far east is included in the "Wild West"? Example, in the 1770-80's the "frontier" was east of the Mississippi...........is this included?
I think that was Truath's point -- he would include that and I would have no objection to seeing it here.

JS

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
Old 19 Jul 04, 12:57
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Re: Re: Re: The Scope Of "the Wild West" Subforum

Quote:
Originally posted by Janos
I think that was Truath's point -- he would include that and I would have no objection to seeing it here.

JS
Roger that.

Old 21 Jul 04, 19:55
Lieutenant General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Saint Jeremy is on the path to success [1-99] Saint Jeremy is on the path to success [1-99]
also if u wanna go earlier than that, during the revolution, anything west of the ohio river was considered injun territory.
Old 21 Jul 04, 21:14
Lieutenant General
Canada
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200] Napoleon is walking in the light [200]
One thing that has always interested me was the Klondike Gold Rush of 1896-1899.....it doesn't get more Wild West than that!
Old 21 Jul 04, 21:45
Lieutenant General
United_States

Saint Jeremy is on the path to success [1-99] Saint Jeremy is on the path to success [1-99]
Ive always like reading about the different personalities.
Old 23 Jul 04, 18:27
United_States

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
also if u wanna go earlier than that, during the revolution, anything west of the ohio river was considered injun territory.
Not even that far west.......any thing west of the Appalachians. Kentucky being the prime battlefield.

Sponsored Links

Old 23 Jul 04, 21:36
Lieutenant General
United_States

that is true sir
Old 24 Jul 04, 20:14

Well the way I see it working is anything West of Western civilization is fair game. . .

I culled my activities on these boards in order to better focus -as I know I'd been sort of invisible. Long story -but anyway, I have some thoughts about how to make this a fully functional and entertaining area. So stay tuned.
Old 25 Jul 04, 08:34
Lieutenant General
United_States

If you would like, may I offer my assistance?
Old 25 Jul 04, 10:57

JS - like anyone - you are free to create topics :thumb:
Old 25 Jul 04, 14:13
Lieutenant General
United_States

you mean you dont charge a fee??

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!