StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 04 Oct 13, 16:20
General of the Forums
Romania
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Imperial is simply cracking [600]
Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600]
Uninstalled WOT

Finally, after two and a half years of playing I got fed up with this rat race game and uninstalled it.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 05 Oct 13, 18:21
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
Finally, after two and a half years of playing I got fed up with this rat race game and uninstalled it.
I find it a fun and meaningless diversion on occasion. I haven't put a nickel into the game either so I'm not losing anything and have no reason to worry about dumping it either.
Old 05 Oct 13, 21:22
First Sergeant
Armchair_General

IvanSidorenko is on the path to success [1-99] IvanSidorenko is on the path to success [1-99]
If you wanna give away your account just hit me up I been playing for over a year and only got a tier 7 I hate the grindddd
Old 11 Oct 13, 10:50
General of the Forums
Romania

Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanSidorenko View Post
If you wanna give away your account just hit me up I been playing for over a year and only got a tier 7 I hate the grindddd
Oh yes, the bloody grind. That's the rat race. Don't be surprised though when you get that tier X tank and realize it's not exactly what you expected. It will have its shortcomings and it can be annoying. Also most of the time you'll end up playing against other tier Xs and IXs. So don't expect the easy "ownage" that low tier players seek to achieve by getting the stronger tanks.

As much as I would like to help you, I already have someone in mind (my cousin's young son) if I decide to give it away.

p.s. Anyway, aren't you playing on the NA servers? I'm on the EU ones.
Old 11 Oct 13, 16:23
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Congrats on that. I dumped mine about two months ago. I could still be fun at times, but I couldn't take the many unintelligent/unnecessary nerfs to game play, and the many (and multiplying by the day) morons playing, anymore.

I'll miss it, but I can live without it.
Old 12 Oct 13, 22:50
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
I haven't uninstalled World of Tanks, but I only play a few times a month when I want a diversion. It's a nice pastime and with its 15-minute random battles it can fit into nearly everyone's schedule.

But, yeah--I've had enough of its grinding.
Old 13 Oct 13, 07:32
General of the Forums
Romania

I re-installed it after 8 days or so. The fact that I still had 20,000 XP to go before unlocking the BatChat really bugged me. So I went back in yesterday for some grind and eventually bought the BatChat and took it for a few spins.

Yeah, I know, seems like I'm hooked and can't give it up for good.
Old 14 Oct 13, 23:14
Captain
United_States

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
The thing I have found to keep it interesting is to have many tanks and of different tiers. Some I will never grind up due to the fun factor. I am almost at the point of getting rid of my last french tank (light) it is just not my play style. Same with the tier 9 american medium. The TDs (sniping) and heavys are more what I like.

My tier 9 medium I am thinking of swapping for a hellcat. again this will be as far as i go in that class
Old 15 Oct 13, 15:14
Private
United_States

Sarahbeara is a balanced individual [0]
If you guys are looking for a change of pace... have you heard of Tank Domination? (http://tankdomination.com) It's an upcoming cross-platform MMO tank simulation coming out on iPad, that features 10 vs 10 player teams and modern day tank models from Russia, China, and the US. There's a trailer and screenshots and stuff on the website.
Old 16 Oct 13, 13:35
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
The thing I have found to keep it interesting is to have many tanks and of different tiers. Some I will never grind up due to the fun factor. I am almost at the point of getting rid of my last french tank (light) it is just not my play style. Same with the tier 9 american medium. The TDs (sniping) and heavys are more what I like.

My tier 9 medium I am thinking of swapping for a hellcat. again this will be as far as i go in that class
The most fun tanks were those between tiers IV and VI (though I do have some serious complaints about the Hellcat--please don't ask). The most fun I had with a tank was my KV-1.

The higher tiers were too full of idiots, and the repairs for the tanks were too costly.

The lower tiers were fun too, but those usually were just a mad dash across the map without any sort of care.

Old 16 Oct 13, 13:36
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbeara View Post
If you guys are looking for a change of pace... have you heard of Tank Domination? (http://tankdomination.com) It's an upcoming cross-platform MMO tank simulation coming out on iPad, that features 10 vs 10 player teams and modern day tank models from Russia, China, and the US. There's a trailer and screenshots and stuff on the website.
I will check it out, thanks. And welcome to the forums. Stay, introduce yourself in the Introductions a the top of the page. Talk about military history...avoid the politics section.
Old 16 Oct 13, 21:46
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200] ChrisF1987 is walking in the light [200]
I myself am beginning to get fed up by the sheer stupidity from the majority of the player base. I don't profess to be the best player around but when I see top of the roster heavy tanks doing ZERO damage there is something very, very wrong ... I regularly have teams where half the team does less than 100 damage. It just blows my mind. There was once a time (2011/2012) where almost all players were at least decent ... nowadays it's a miracle if half of them even leave the circle.

Another thing I have noticed, since 8.7 came out it seems like the MM system has a tendency to give one team an overwhelming advantage in terms of better tanks, more skilled players, etc.
Old 18 Oct 13, 03:00
Private
United_States

Sarahbeara is a balanced individual [0]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
I will check it out, thanks. And welcome to the forums. Stay, introduce yourself in the Introductions a the top of the page. Talk about military history...avoid the politics section.
Thank you I will post a self-introduction! And thanks for the tip haha. Sounds good to me
Old 20 Oct 13, 02:50
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600] No_Nickname is simply cracking [600]
Is it true that WoT is biased when it comes to Soviet vs. German tanks? A friend told me that and I'm a big fan of german armor so I didn't download it.

Also War Thunder is adding tanks and warships as well so I can't wait
"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop
Old 20 Oct 13, 16:51
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Nickname View Post
Is it true that WoT is biased when it comes to Soviet vs. German tanks? A friend told me that and I'm a big fan of german armor so I didn't download it.

Also War Thunder is adding tanks and warships as well so I can't wait
I'm not sure if that was every true, but it may be based in truth. Or it may not be.

I play mainly Soviet tanks, and I can't remember any time when I felt overmatched by a German opponent. However, I do remember times when I was outmatched by other nationalities, especially those use AUTOLOADERS.

Not really an answer, there probably isn't a good one, but my experience is just that.

OBSCENITY REMOVED
ACG Staff
Duncan

Last edited by Duncan; 20 Oct 13 at 17:02..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!