StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 04 May 13, 14:25
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
GTA 5

You play three different characters and it returns the setting to San Andreas.

You'll be able to switch characters at will. Each character will have a unique special ability. The world map will be 5 times bigger than Red Dead Redemption. Brings back skill system similar to GTA: San Andreas. Can explore underwater. Characters will have I Phones with apps and will be able to take pics and video of game while playing then post online.

Looks like a great game.

Heres the new trailer:

Homer

BoRG

Last edited by Captain General; 04 May 13 at 14:37..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 15 May 13, 19:25
Lance Corporal
United_States

chowhound26 is on the path to success [1-99]
Sure does look like a cool game. Going to very interesting
Old 15 May 13, 22:53
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400] Matt Jones has a spectacular aura about [400]
Nice! Hope they're planning a PC version!

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!
Old 19 May 13, 12:40
Sergeant Major
Germany
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99] bierbaron is on the path to success [1-99]
I gotta admit it looks fantastic. What annoys me is, what was my main critic point of GTA IV: the setting is to modern. I loved GTA:SA and Vice City for the times they played in. What i really like is that it plays in San Andreas again, because i loved the hood negro story of GTA:SA, but still i would find a mid 70s- early 90s setting better.
Old 17 Sep 13, 15:15
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Its Awesome!

Homer

BoRG
Old 13 Nov 13, 00:04
General
France

Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100] Delenda estRoma has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Love it personally.
Old 13 Nov 13, 09:46
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bierbaron View Post
I gotta admit it looks fantastic. What annoys me is, what was my main critic point of GTA IV: the setting is to modern. I loved GTA:SA and Vice City for the times they played in. What i really like is that it plays in San Andreas again, because i loved the hood negro story of GTA:SA, but still i would find a mid 70s- early 90s setting better.
'hood negro'?

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 15 Nov 13, 15:46
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
still not on PC

CPO Mzinyati
Old 15 Nov 13, 20:56
General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewza View Post
still not on PC
From what I understand, it never will be.

Has to do with the GTA Online version which automatically comes with the console games.

Homer

BoRG
Old 25 Nov 13, 09:12
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Well I got this one,

feel it's the best one yet, much of the annoyances of previous versions have been removed (like having to do XX missions before the map opens up..) and most all of the good stuff of previous runs has returned.

the missions, the few I tried, seem a little more thought out and the switching between character provides for some nice variation,

I'd recommend it

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Sponsored Links

Old 19 Mar 14, 10:07
Private
United_States

ccowan is a balanced individual [0]
Yeah, this game is definitely fun. I do personally get bored rather quickly which is weird since there is so much to do. Think that is just me though. GTA is always worth playing I think. Lot's of crazy fun experiences. The online mode seems like it could be a lot of fun if you get into it to.
Old 28 Apr 14, 07:59
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
I really enjoy this game. The single player mode is engaging and quirky. Trevor is my favorite psychopath in the story. The action is pretty well done with a nice mix of weapons and uses.

I had a good online group going for a while with my skanky stripper character. The mix of combat, racing (air and vehicle), and deathmatch scenarios keeps it fairly fresh.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!