HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central Discussion of current and exclusive political nature takes place here. .

Old 02 May 13, 17:06
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gorebots resort to book burning!

From the too funny to be true department at San Jose State University...

Gorebots are so funny!
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 02 May 13, 17:15
Major General
United_States

BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
From the too funny to be true department at San Jose State University...

Gorebots are so funny!
Did you write that book, Doc?
Old 02 May 13, 17:35
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Doctor has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
Did you write that book, Doc?
No... But I was "interviewed" by the author, Steve Goreham, shortly after my first post was published by Watts Up With That? And we keep in touch via email.
Old 02 May 13, 18:23
Major General
United_States

BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99] BitterPill is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
No... But I was "interviewed" by the author, Steve Goreham, shortly after my first post was published by Watts Up With That? And we keep in touch via email.
At least it's not your book.

I'd like to criticize book burning, but the truth is I've burned a book before though I'm sure the author, a popular pseudo-philosopher, wouldn't have minded considering the circumstances. Still, it wouldn't be right.
Old 02 May 13, 19:09
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
The book:

The Mad, Mad, Mad World of Climatism

The arguments of this book are not just opinions, but are based on the work of hundreds of scientists across the world who challenge the theory of man-made global warming. Graphs and scientific data from peer-reviewed papers are used to show that man-made influences are actually only a very small part of Earth’s climate. The evidence is available for all to see.

Chapters 1–2 discuss how our leaders have been captured by the false ideology of Climatism and the remedies proposed to change the life of every person on Earth. Climate science is discussed in Chapters 3–5. I encourage you to read the down-to-earth science in these chapters, but of course feel free to skip these if you’re just interested in how the world has been smitten by climate madness. Chapters 6–7 discuss alarming claims about Earth’s icecaps and weather, and show that these claims are not supported by scientific data. Chapter 8 exposes some of the biggest whoppers of global warming mania. Chapters 9–10 discuss bad science and the powerful role that money plays in this whole affair. Chapter 11 discusses the continuing shortcomings of renewable energy, despite many decades of media hype and promotion by governments. Don’t miss Chapter 12, “You Can’t Make this Stuff Up!”

Praise for the book:

“It’s all here. Replete with great graphics and much humor, Steve Goreham reveals the mountain of failed eco-predictions, rank green hypocrisies and outright fraud that currently masquerades in the guise of modern environmentalism and ‘climate science’…The Mad, Mad, Mad World of Climatism is an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand expose of all the key facts behind the dirty ‘green’ politics of the greatest pseudo-science racket of our age.” — Peter Glover, International Associate Editor, Energy Tribune

“Interesting, accurate, compellingly readable, and directly relevant to one of today’s most important political debates. What more needs to be said beyond, ‘Buy this fascinating book!’” — Robert Carter, Australian Marine Geologist and Environmental Scientist

“This is the first book written to make you laugh at the absurdity of man-made global warming—that is, until it makes you cry. If 250 pages of facts are too much, you can simply read the amusing cartoons and quotes on every page to fully understand how the world has been misled.” — Jay Lehr, PhD, Science Director, The Heartland Institute.

Source: http://www.climatism.net/mad-mad-mad-world/

As described by the Washington Times:

Climatism: A Mad, Mad, Mad World

You’ve heard the alarm. Leading scientists, universities, and the news media warn of catastrophic climate change. Today, leaders of 191 of 192 nations of the world are promoting policies to try to stop global warming. Wind and solar subsidies, light bulb bans, electric cars, ethanol fuel mandates, pipeline and drilling bans, excessive EPA regulation, and many other initiatives are driven by climate concerns. But is the science correct and are the policies necessary and effective?

Steve Goreham delivers straight talk on climate change, energy, sustainable development, and public policy.

Source: http://communities.washingtontimes.c...imate-science/

From the American Thinker:

Book review: The Mad, Mad, Mad World of Climatism

Quote:

Rush Limbaugh speaks frequently about the new breed of "low-information" voter in America handing President Obama a second term in the White House. No doubt a disturbing amount of these voters were unaware that Obama's inauguration on January 21st was a ceremonial re-enactment of the constitutionally required one the day before, and certainly they accepted unquestioningly the line in his ceremonial speech in which he said, "We will respond to the threat of climate change... Some may still deny the overwhelming judgment of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging fires, and crippling drought, and more powerful storms."

But that particular sentence only stays afloat when no one looks any deeper into it. The most damaging thing that can happen to a politicized thesis such as "climate change" is for more people to actually question it and discover for themselves that it looks like indefensible misinformation. For President Obama and others promoting the idea of man-caused global warming, any kind of plausible opposition to this issue imperils it, so they avoid exploration of critical viewpoints and instead label them as "deniers". Case closed.

That is the hallmark of far-left agendas. The global warming issue showcases how spectacularly this tactic fails.

Source: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...climatism.html

The response of the far left? Just as it says above, this book represents plausible opposition to the AGW agenda, so they don't even bother to read it and make a joke of book burning.

Yeah that is real funny.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

"All mimsy were the Borogoves"
Old 02 May 13, 19:13
First Lieutenant
China

Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99] Zhang Xun is on the path to success [1-99]
Wow..
Old 02 May 13, 23:30
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+] T. A. Gardner has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Progressive Left never misses an opportunity to avoid an argument they cannot positively win...
Old 03 May 13, 06:14
General of the Forums
EU
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

General Staff has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok View Post
The response of the far left? Just as it says above, this book represents plausible opposition to the AGW agenda, so they don't even bother to read it and make a joke of book burning.

Yeah that is real funny.
Well, I never thought I'd live to see the day, but here we finally have it, and definitively caught on camera too- a leftie tossing books to be consumed on a burning pyre.

I'll brook no arguments now- it's as plain as day he's a leftie by the arm motion- unless someone can persuade me it's been digitally altered, since it's amazing what can be done these days.
Old 03 May 13, 09:26
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
The Progressive Left never misses an opportunity to avoid an argument they cannot positively win...
I am going to run out of space in my signature for all these great quotes.

Better to fight and fall than to live without hope.
Old 03 May 13, 10:10
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Staff View Post
Well, I never thought I'd live to see the day, but here we finally have it...
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n."

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

"All mimsy were the Borogoves"

Last edited by Martok; 03 May 13 at 10:35..
Sponsored Links

Old 03 May 13, 10:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
All of the trumpet blowing and self-praise comes to nothing. The argument was won years ago by those who believe in man-made global warming, the leaders of many of the industrialized nations, the UN and a host of others who are making the laws and regulations based on their beliefs and which the rest of us will have to live by.

All those opposed to the theory who are strutting about like peacocks and congratulating themselves have "won" nothing, accomplished nothing, gained nothing. It is not their voices being heard. They are the losers in the only way that really matters in the real world. Winners call the shots. Losers do not.

And for those of you think book burnings are some sort of "victory", the ghost of Adolph Hitler welcomes you with open arms. Burning the works of others does not defeat them nor invalidate them; it defeats and invalidates those who do the burning.

Welcome to the Losers' Circle. We held your seats for you.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 03 May 13 at 11:15..
Old 03 May 13, 12:51
Major General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
I am going to run out of space in my signature for all these great quotes.
You only have the one quote. Perhaps you're being facetious. That would explain it.
Old 03 May 13, 12:57
General of the Forums
United_States

majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200] majormack is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
At least it's not your book.

I'd like to criticize book burning, but the truth is I've burned a book before though I'm sure the author, a popular pseudo-philosopher, wouldn't have minded considering the circumstances. Still, it wouldn't be right.
When I was in college I roomed for a while with a religious nut. He put my copy of Fanny Hill in the oven and turned it on high. He also poured out a pint of rum, which I used to mix with coke. I punched the guy in the face. After he regained his composure he turned the other cheek. I should have hit him with a chair, but I just walked away.
Old 03 May 13, 13:06
Major General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormack View Post
When I was in college I roomed for a while with a religious nut. He put my copy of Fanny Hill in the oven and turned it on high. He also poured out a pint of rum, which I used to mix with coke. I punched the guy in the face. After he regained his composure he turned the other cheek. I should have hit him with a chair, but I just walked away.
My book burning happened on a cold, cold winter morning. After waking, I reached for the glass of water kept by the bedside, and it was frozen. A fire was in order, and I promptly attempted to start one. Thing was, I was low on kindling, and after a few attempts there was none left at all.

Fortunately, a few days before I had picked-up a copy of Ayn Rand's voluminous tome on Atlas from the library's free section, read a chapter or two, and abandoned it, so I did have a ready supply of kindling and was soon warming myself by the fire.

From the parts I read, I'm sure Ayn Rand wouldn't have minded. In fact, I'm pretty sure she would have applauded my action.
Old 04 May 13, 14:04
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormack View Post
Missed your chance. Should have put his Bible in the oven so that he could appreciate how it felt.

Chair was a good idea, too.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!