StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion > Game Press Releases

Notices and Announcements

Game Press Releases All the latest on your favorite games. You can also read them on our front page here.

Old 09 Mar 13, 21:54
Private
Canada

Balthagor is a balanced individual [0]
Supreme Ruler 1936 Press Release

Hello everyone,

From past interest in Supreme Ruler titles, I thought this might be of interest to users here;

Quote:
ANCASTER, Ontario - March 7, 2013 - BattleGoat Studios has today reoccupied the Rhineland with their announcement of Supreme Ruler 1936. This historical real time strategy game for Windows based PCs is scheduled for release in Q4, 2013.

"Throughout the development of our Supreme Ruler series, we saw a World War II title as the culmination of our grand vision", commented Lead Designer, David Thompson. "We've always endeavoured to make significant changes with each new title and this will be no exception. Supreme Ruler 1936 will immerse players in the historical era and feature a depth of play that will provide incredible challenge."

In Supreme Ruler 1936, players will be able to embark on the road to war in many different ways. Economic, scientific, and diplomatic challenges will certainly influence the ability of their nation to impose its will on the world. Meanwhile military buildups and escalating tensions throughout the world continue, as some nations flex their military might seeking to expand their territories, while others pursue peaceful and isolationist policies in hopes of avoiding a second world war.
  • Play Multiple Campaigns from either Axis or Allied perspective.
  • Take Control of any Nation in the World in Sandbox Mode and see how you can impact the outcome of the era.
  • Challenge yourself with many Historical Scenarios for a quicker and fast-paced gameplay experience.
  • The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
  • Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
  • Research new Technologies to give your nation a significant military advantage including the Race for the Atomic Bomb!
  • Modernize your economy to become a world leader and support whatever social and military policies you choose.
  • Manage as much or as little of your military forces and production as you like by setting your Defense Minister's level of control.
  • When diplomacy fails... Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
  • Battle your enemy and Mother Nature, as a fully integrated weather model influences the outcomes of the battlefield.
  • Significant graphic improvements to 3D terrain and Graphic User Interface
  • Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet

Follow us on Facebook or on twitter at @battlegoat and @sr1936

About BattleGoat Studios
BattleGoat Studios is a Canadian Software Developer committed to developing leading edge "Intelligent Strategy Games" for the PC. BattleGoat's game design history dates back to the first text-based Supreme Ruler game in 1982, and the design team firmly believes that Strategy Gamers are looking for more sophisticated games that also remain fun to play. BattleGoat insists that their approach to development will always emphasize an accurate, heavily researched environment assuring players an entertaining and immersive gameplay experience. Their previous PC releases are Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020 (Gold), and Supreme Ruler Cold War.
Official Website: battlegoat.com
If you have any questions, let me know, I'll answer what I can. Some things will of course need more development time before they can be discussed.

Cheers,
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 12 Mar 13, 11:51
First Lieutenant
United_States

Lionhearti is on the path to success [1-99] Lionhearti is on the path to success [1-99] Lionhearti is on the path to success [1-99]
Sorry guys stick with hoi guys supreme ruler is too grating on the nerces plus it allows you to pull of tttsnbn
Old 12 Mar 13, 12:46
Private
Canada

I have no idea which threat is being invoked here, but I would offer that instead of letting someone else's taste in games determine what users here might like, they might want to check it out for themselves. All previous titles had demos available so that players could check out the game before buying it, it remains our intention to do the same again.
Old 18 Oct 13, 19:25
Private
Canada

Hi,

Just a quick update to say that development is continuing, although we have pushed the release date back to Q1,2014. We will be self publishing with both Steam and Non-Steam versions available.

We've also launched a Kickstarter to reach some extra users and try and increase the scope of the project just a little more.

Quote:
BattleGoat Studios is excited to announce the launch of its Kickstarter to support the development of Supreme Ruler 1936.

In particular, this Kickstarter will allow us to develop more content for SR1936 (additional Campaigns, Scenarios, and other elements). It will also allow us to launch a beta program in late November to allow everyone to help us make Supreme Ruler 1936 the best game possible. And it's a great way to get the game at an early-supporter discount!

You can visit the Kickstarter page to see in game video and screenshots.

Thank you everybody for your ongoing support of BattleGoat Studios and the Supreme Ruler games, and we hope you'll help us bring Supreme Ruler 1936 to the world.

-- The BattleGoat Team
Old 19 Oct 13, 10:29
General of the Forums
United_States
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Arnold J Rimmer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Just a touch of feedback, I will never, ever buy a Steam product. I hate Steam and its non-supportive, clumy, we-assume-everyone-has-really-fast-net-access attitude with a blinding passion. I wouldn't accept a free Steam-based game.

And from posts here and on other sites, I am not alone.

I am a HoI fan, but I do not fear 'tttsnbn', mainly because I haven't a clue what that means.

So keep posting, as I am interested in your product, so long as its avalible as non-Steam.
Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.
Old 19 Oct 13, 11:55
Private
Canada

Thanks for the feedback.

Your concerns have been echoed by others, that is why we will offer both Steam and Non-Steam versions. Obviously Steam achievements will only be available in the Steam version.
Old 19 Oct 13, 19:22
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Duke Maynard is on the path to success [1-99] Duke Maynard is on the path to success [1-99] Duke Maynard is on the path to success [1-99] Duke Maynard is on the path to success [1-99] Duke Maynard is on the path to success [1-99] Duke Maynard is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
I am a HoI fan, but I do not fear 'tttsnbn', mainly because I haven't a clue what that means.
Involves Aquatic felines. Rhine barges.

Also hilarity and pain.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!