StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > The Middle East > Gaza Conflicts

Notices and Announcements

Gaza Conflicts Discuss the series of conflicts between Israel and Gaza militants.

Old 17 Nov 12, 10:23
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Cyberknight has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marktwain View Post
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You could begin by posting lesss hate & more analysis. The IDF doesn't issue weapons to the unbalanced...

LOOK. people- can we just COOL THE HATE TALK? We are talking about women& children trapped agianst the sea- no where to go, no where to hide.

Lately,thisi site is getting meaner & posting more rascism than a 50's KKK rally.
Nonsense. Guilting the argument to and end by falsely crying racism is no longer efficacious. This is not about Arabs.

The Palestinians are a culture of hate and violence. They have had wars with Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Yemen, and of course themselves when not trying to drive the Jews into the sea. Gaza was "land for peace" and Fatah, not exactly warm and fuzzy, was voted out in favor Hamas.
during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
Old 17 Nov 12, 10:53
General of the Forums
Canada
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

marktwain has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberknight View Post
Nonsense. Guilting the argument to and end by falsely crying racism is no longer efficacious. This is not about Arabs.

The Palestinians are a culture of hate and violence. They have had wars with Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Yemen, and of course themselves when not trying to drive the Jews into the sea. Gaza was "land for peace" and Fatah, not exactly warm and fuzzy, was voted out in favor Hamas.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Actually, not nonsense- more a direct channeling of the thought of Dwight Eisenhower, THE MOST CAPABLE , imho, POTUS when it came to managing the Middle East.

I also realise that onthe internet you can claim to be a Wolverine, Hoosier, etc.- while you are posting for Hasbara bucks out of a settle'rs trailer in Gush Ariel..
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:07
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Reminds me the speeches of one guy with a H in his name. But in his case it weren't the Palestinians but Jews.

By the way how you can qualify American who were at wer with dozens of countries ?
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:30
General of the Forums
Canada

A note on Hasbara & Aish Ha torah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtos View Post
Reminds me the speeches of one guy with a H in his name. But in his case it weren't the Palestinians but Jews.

By the way how you can qualify American who were at wer with dozens of countries ?
Much as I'd like to see the online aish Ha Torah posters self identify, Hasbara fakes are truly the currnet on line spam pests of the internet...
BTW,I'm MarkTwain- Thanks to the St Peters Colony which drew my Great Grandparents north.
But .Like Harry T, you have got to show me..
MinnesotaSaskatchewan!
( self edited. Ok- I was coming on strong. BACK IN '56, EISENHOWER Wanted to let the Gazans expand into the Sinai. Unfortunately, control of the coast gives then a claim to offshore hydrocarbons.)
Saretsky

Last edited by marktwain; 17 Nov 12 at 12:29..
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:33
General of the Forums
Italy
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100]
Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100] Michele is a pillar of the community [1100]
Quote:
Lately,thisi site is getting...
"Lately"? You joined two days ago, right?
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:36
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Much as I'd like to see the online aish Ha Torah poster self identify, You can more or less weed them out by their claim to be from a US State , but packing a' generic handle'
for example, a poster truly from Texas will call himself 'witchita lineman'
Or Possum Kingdom '- or 'Sam Houston'
Hasbara fakes are trul.y the currnet on line spam pests of the internet...
BTW,I'm MarkTwain- Thanks to the St Peters Colony which drew my Great Grandparents north.
But .Like Harry T, you have got to show me..
MinnesotaSaskatchewan!
A very round-about way of delivering an ad hominem attack but we will for the moment defer to your knowledge of internet fakery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele View Post
"Lately"? You joined two days ago, right?
Unlikely.

Now, everyone back to Gaza.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Last edited by GCoyote; 17 Nov 12 at 11:48..
Old 17 Nov 12, 11:53
General of the Forums
Canada

I was channeling the Ghost of Sam Houston

General Sam would like to remind all the true Texas ol'boys why he rallied the Boys at Buffalo Bayou in'36, rather than roll over & surrender to Lopez De Santa anna...or get pushed into the sea..

Mirabeau Lamar says he approved of Operation Cast lead, but we all know how he wrecked the Lone Star Republic..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_War

My sincere apologies if I mistook any of my fellow Americans for something foriegn.

C'on Texans, if you were in Gaza, you'ld fight it out with Bowie knives if you had to
Old 17 Nov 12, 12:16
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Engineer View Post
Egypt is not going to do anything to help Gaza, besides issue press statements.....
Egypt receives billions of dollars in aid from the United States. If and I say if Egypt gets involved in this conflict overtly or it can be proven that they are supporting Hamas covertly and Obama says that he "has Israels back" then this aid would be stopped. That is if and I say if Obama does support Israel to the point of cutting off aid to any country that overtly or covertly supports Hamas, then I suspect Egypt or any other country would have second thoughts of doing so. Let us hope that this situation does not develop into a ground incursion into Gaza by Israel. However, that is all going to depend on what Hamas does or doesn't do.
Old 17 Nov 12, 12:25
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
... C'on Texans, if you were in Gaza, you'ld fight it out with Bowie knives if you had to
Well that's rather the point, they've tried fighting numerous times and unlike the Texans, gotten nothing for it. Hamas continued course of confrontation has failed year after year to produce positive results for the people they claim to represent. [Insert quote regarding the definition of insanity here.] They've even managed to drive a wedge into so called Arab solidarity by getting the Iranians involved.

Old 17 Nov 12, 12:35
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoyote View Post
Well that's rather the point, they've tried fighting numerous times and unlike the Texans, gotten nothing for it. Hamas continued course of confrontation has failed year after year to produce positive results for the people they claim to represent. [Insert quote regarding the definition of insanity here.] They've even managed to drive a wedge into so called Arab solidarity by getting the Iranians involved.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Gazans voted in Hamas for similar reasons to why the Lone Star Republic voted for Mirabeau Lamar & turfed Sam Houston.
Isreal after 1967 should have listened to Dayan & let them spill into the Sinai

Of cpurse, I could be wrong
Sponsored Links

Old 17 Nov 12, 12:41
United_States

Quote:
Gazans voted in Hamas for similar reasons to why the Lone Star Republic voted for Mirabeau Lamar & turfed Sam Houston.

And Hamas subsequently drove the PLO/Fatah out of Gaza so they themselves cannot be voted out in turn. That does not make Hamas policy of confrontation any less self destructive for Gazans. There's just no one else to vote for anymore.

Old 17 Nov 12, 12:46
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

What's with the ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ before all your posts?

For some reason, I find it quite annoying.
Old 17 Nov 12, 12:53
General
Ukraine

RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:

Nonsense.
Since Iranian Revolution in 1979,
the majority of free elections on ME
meant victory of Islamists.
Last 2 year gave us as clear proof of this as possible.
It is just the same pattern again and again and it has nothing
to do with Palestinians , or Israel - Palestine conflict.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!
Old 17 Nov 12, 12:54
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoyote View Post
And Hamas subsequently drove the PLO/Fatah out of Gaza so they themselves cannot be voted out in turn. That does not make Hamas policy of confrontation any less self destructive for Gazans. There's just no one else to vote for anymore.
How long has Israel been out of Gaza What has Hamas done to make it a productive center of anything other than rocket launching.

Twain arguements fail to acknowledge that Hamas has wasted money on rockets when they could of done something to address the above.
Old 17 Nov 12, 12:59
General
Ukraine

RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300] RS116 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by craven View Post
How long has Israel been out of Gaza What has Hamas done to make it a productive center of anything other than rocket launching.

Twain arguements fail to acknowledge that Hamas has wasted money on rockets when they could of done something to address the above.
Where did you see arguments ?
So far, he produced just street rally level slogans.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!