StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 13 Nov 12, 21:40
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Who's still playing?

I'm addicted as ever, and kicking ass in GSA (Grille Scouts of America), where I am a Deputy Commander.

Any clanless ACGers that meet our requirements are welcome to join:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/109284174/...ent-Info-Final

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 13 Dec 12, 14:06
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Hey Dest. What was your username again? I can't find you anywhere. I thought it was FM_Von_Manstein.
Old 13 Dec 12, 16:21
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
Hey Dest. What was your username again? I can't find you anywhere. I thought it was FM_Von_Manstein.
Its just _Von_ now.
Old 13 Dec 12, 16:52
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Ok! I was trying to find you and that was the only name that even looked close in GSA.

Maybe we could platoon sometime.
Old 13 Dec 12, 18:09
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
I'm still playing though not every day at the moment. More like twice a week now. Probably play more after the Christmas.
Old 16 Dec 12, 00:14
Major General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300] Frtigern is on a distinguished road [300]
I want to play. Downloading right now. I see there are no M31s in case a tank gets stuck. Also, no Japanese tanks, but there are Chinese ones?
Old 16 Dec 12, 01:01
Brigadier General
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
I want to play. Downloading right now. I see there are no M31s in case a tank gets stuck. Also, no Japanese tanks, but there are Chinese ones?
The Chinese tanks were coming out in the 8.2 update. However, there were a few problems and they have gotten pushed. They should be coming out in the next one.
Old 16 Dec 12, 16:16
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
It's pretty hard to get stuck in this game.
Old 16 Dec 12, 16:45
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
I haven't played WoT since just before the 7.2 update I believe it was! When was that-March? I remember playing around St. Patrick's Day, but I think I stopped before the summer.

I want to get back in, but I'm doubting that my computer could handle all the updates.

--Hávamál
Old 17 Dec 12, 01:45
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
I haven't played WoT since just before the 7.2 update I believe it was! When was that-March? I remember playing around St. Patrick's Day, but I think I stopped before the summer.

I want to get back in, but I'm doubting that my computer could handle all the updates.
The updates have theoretically made it easier for lower performance PCs to handle the game.

Old 17 Dec 12, 01:57
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
The updates have theoretically made it easier for lower performance PCs to handle the game.
Really? That's awesome.

Actually, I think I remember that with the 7.1 update-that it was pretty much all about making it easier to run. Kudos to Wargamer there. I guess they're not exactly alienating those with lower performance computers from keeping up to speed. That's a good thing.

--Hávamál
Old 17 Dec 12, 10:14
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
I logged on to World of Tanks the other day to take advantage of the special that was in effect. I was in an SU-26 and killed 7 enemy tanks. My "team" (and I use the word loosely) still lost.

I don't plan on wasting my time with WoT any time in the near future.
Old 17 Dec 12, 22:49
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post
I logged on to World of Tanks the other day to take advantage of the special that was in effect. I was in an SU-26 and killed 7 enemy tanks. My "team" (and I use the word loosely) still lost.

You might want to get into a more disciplined team, like the OP's.

--Hávamál
Old 18 Dec 12, 08:50
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
You might want to get into a more disciplined team, like the OP's.
Even in a platoon you and yours don't make up the full fifteen members of a team. And besides, I don't want to be dependent upon others being online. I like to log on, play a few random matches, and log off. If that isn't possible, then I would just as soon not play--my win/loss ratio gets worse every time I log on at present.
Old 18 Dec 12, 20:37
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500] Hida Akechi is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybriar View Post

Yup, welcome to the World of Random Battles With Half-Wits On Your Team--and that includes all modes of play. Been bitten by that thousands of times. Stoppped caring about winning and losing when there are too many idiots on and "playing". Just goes to show you how unimportant that Win/Loss stat actually is.

But, you know all of this already. Just need to blow off a bit about it.

@Frtigern: it's not realistic enough to deal with getting stuck. It's mainly an arcady-type shooter. But it's fun as hell if you just relax and not take it serious. And ignore the in-game chatting.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!