HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Military Modelling and Other Hobbies

Notices and Announcements

Military Modelling and Other Hobbies Discuss model building, memorabilia, art, and other hobbies.

Old 20 Sep 12, 21:48
Captain
United_States

GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99]
Wink He 219 A7

Since my P-40 took a nose dive in the build dept and went to the closet of doom. I foud that I had this hiding in the far reaches of the back of the top shelf.

I just started the pit and got this far in about two hours. I have gran children always pestering me.
here's the end result.

Thanks for looking in.

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 20 Sep 12, 23:13
General of the Forums
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400] triggerjockey has a spectacular aura about [400]
Looks great!
Old 21 Sep 12, 14:31
General
United_States
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Model Forum Group Build Victor 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200] Dane_Bramage is walking in the light [200]
IP looks perfect. Gorgeous cockpit!!!
Give blood: build models and use #11 blades....
Old 21 Sep 12, 16:12
Staff Sergeant
United_States

IamRaider is on the path to success [1-99] IamRaider is on the path to success [1-99]
That is awesome!
Old 21 Sep 12, 20:57
Captain
United_States

GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99] GMG1 is on the path to success [1-99]
I was really fortunate to get these decals to st correctly on the ip.
I am happy with this kit because the fit is so precise and tighter than Dick's hat band.So much so I think I will be able to paint and then assemble all the flying surfaces and not have to worry about filler.

The tail surfaces are a treat also.

the wing halves are not a problem and I have no warpage either.

I also really like the way the wing attaches to the fuselage. The large hole have dowels that go through them and the fuse to the other wing. This is aided by a couple of small pins on the leading and trailing edges to help lone things up.

All in all I would say that if the Revell one is half as good as this one there wont be any issues with it but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for looking in...
Old 22 Sep 12, 00:54
Brigadier General
United_States
Model Forum Group Build Victor Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100] modelsinchina has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I love the IP excellent work, but you are used to that. Great job.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!