StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 27 Aug 12, 15:25
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
You're not using indirect fire mode. Press shift.
Old 27 Aug 12, 17:03
Private First Class
Scotland

RagnarBuliwyf is a balanced individual [0]
Alrighty
Old 28 Aug 12, 00:33
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Try turning down some of your graphics settings. You seem rather jumpy.

Try using bushes to hide in that way if something comes rather close you aren't going to be lit up right away.

Last edited by Johnny_Reb; 28 Aug 12 at 00:38..
Old 28 Aug 12, 00:34
Brigadier General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
What do you mean Dest?
Old 28 Aug 12, 00:41
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
What do you mean Dest?
Artillery aren't like other tanks, they're artillery, they can fire indirectly like real artillery can.

Old 28 Aug 12, 05:45
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Press the left Shift key to put you into Artillery Mode. Then Control + Right Click to aim on the mini map--that will get you close.
Old 28 Aug 12, 10:33
Brigadier General
United_States

Okay. lol It was just the way you said it that got me.
Old 28 Aug 12, 18:11
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarBuliwyf View Post
Here is a link for you http://www.mediafire.com/?p8682k99yi22gud
Thats me using arti as I was told to.
Right I went through that, and made some notes. Keep in mind I'm crap at playing arty.

1434: Bushes to front left, better hiding place?
1407: Started backing up behind the hill when you saw the enemies to your left, this was very a good idea, which you stopped too soon. Remember hills don't effect you but stop everyone else's shots.
1346: Aim just behind, not at the front of the target, that way your chance of hitting is better.
Next you fired at an enemy who had just disappeared. Thats a very smart thing to do, Often even with a normal tank I'll chuck a couple of rounds at a suspect bush.

1335: The tree behind fell over about ten seconds ago, and a shot came out of that position, so its likely the enemy moved backwards. However you still shot at where he was when you last saw him.

1321: Ctrl+ Right Click on the mini map snaps your view to that square, speeds up all the scrolling.

1303: TD on minimap out in the open (E2), you took some time to engage,. Remember if you do nothing else read the minimap. I'll put you head an shoulders above 50% of players. Reacting to what you see there will put you above 75% of the players.

1244: Shot came out of bush to the right of cross hairs, maybe that was a better place to fire your round

0953: The Marder is broadside on to you at short range. You should have aimed over open sights, not used the tactical zoom. A shot over open sights would more than likely have killed him and kept you in the game.

The one other thing is understanding flight paths and dispersion.
The shell will land somewhere within the green dotted circle. However that circle is laid on the ground, the Tank is a tall object. So if all the circle is behind the tank then its 90% likely to get hit, as the shell trajectory has to go through the space occupied by the tank.

So Ideally you want the curve of the circle nearest you to be on the nearest face of the target tank.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions fire away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
Yes he was...

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 29 Aug 12, 15:29
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
Right I went through that, and made some notes. Keep in mind I'm crap at playing arty.

1407: Started backing up behind the hill when you saw the enemies to your left, this was very a good idea, which you stopped too soon. Remember hills don't effect you but stop everyone else's shots.
1346: Aim just behind, not at the front of the target, that way your chance of hitting is better.
Next you fired at an enemy who had just disappeared. Thats a very smart thing to do, Often even with a normal tank I'll chuck a couple of rounds at a suspect bush.

1335: The tree behind fell over about ten seconds ago, and a shot came out of that position, so its likely the enemy moved backwards. However you still shot at where he was when you last saw him.

1321: Ctrl+ Right Click on the mini map snaps your view to that square, speeds up all the scrolling.

1303: TD on minimap out in the open (E2), you took some time to engage,. Remember if you do nothing else read the minimap. I'll put you head an shoulders above 50% of players. Reacting to what you see there will put you above 75% of the players.

1244: Shot came out of bush to the right of cross hairs, maybe that was a better place to fire your round

0953: The Marder is broadside on to you at short range. You should have aimed over open sights, not used the tactical zoom. A shot over open sights would more than likely have killed him and kept you in the game.

The shell will land somewhere within the green dotted circle. However that circle is laid on the ground, the Tank is a tall object. So if all the circle is behind the tank then its 90% likely to get hit, as the shell trajectory has to go through the space occupied by the tank.

So Ideally you want the curve of the circle nearest you to be on the nearest face of the target tank.

Yes he was...
Sorry, I didn't watch it all, I just noticed right at the start that he was shooting in TD mode and figured he didn't know about indirect fire.
Old 29 Aug 12, 15:33
Private First Class
Scotland

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post

Yes he was...
Thanks for the advice and sorry for the late response I have moved house and I sadly have no internet connection.

But I was not sure about the shift thing but yes I do use it.
The Match went quite well I thought but yea I made quite a few mistakes like backing up the hill and using arti view trying to hit a close target,my pc has also broke but I have a new one on its way and will be here within the month I will make a few new vids and post them here. I'll be using all the advice you guys and gals tell me as I really like the game and I quite like that you the community are helping a player in need (That shows me people give a dam about the game).

I had before my pc broke bought a new tank it was the next light tank up from the american first tank ,I am sorry I forgot the name but I had a few matches using that tank and I really enjoyed it so I'll stick to that and my arti.

I had again before my pc broke saved around 70k money for use on my Artillery vehicle I was going to buy the camo thing for it as was suggested is that the best idea?
Old 29 Aug 12, 18:37
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Thanks for the advice and sorry for the late response I have moved house and I sadly have no internet connection.

But I was not sure about the shift thing but yes I do use it.
The Match went quite well I thought but yea I made quite a few mistakes like backing up the hill and using arti view trying to hit a close target,my pc has also broke but I have a new one on its way and will be here within the month I will make a few new vids and post them here. I'll be using all the advice you guys and gals tell me as I really like the game and I quite like that you the community are helping a player in need (That shows me people give a dam about the game).

I had before my pc broke bought a new tank it was the next light tank up from the american first tank ,I am sorry I forgot the name but I had a few matches using that tank and I really enjoyed it so I'll stick to that and my arti.

I had again before my pc broke saved around 70k money for use on my Artillery vehicle I was going to buy the camo thing for it as was suggested is that the best idea?
Camo net?
For Artillery the best three modules are: Gun laying drive, Rammer and Camo net. The Rammer and Gun laying drive are the most important.

At you're tier I would suggest a Gun laying drive, as rammers change due ot gun size as you go up the tree (plus low tiers already fire fast enough) Then you can dismount it and use the GLD on the next tank up.

Be aware that a GLD is worth 500K, and needs 10 gold to dismount it.

The US Light tank you're talking about is the M2 light tank I think. ITs an awesome machine, Very fast in a straight line, with amazing levels of armour.
Just because I'm a bit odd, I used to use its speed and armour to get to a blind corner on the enemies side of the map and go into cover. The enemy come bimbling round the corner to expecting to see me at 10 meters then I'd cut loose with all 40 rounds from my 50 cal. Caused no end of wet underpants on the OPFOR!
It Didn't cause as much damage as I'd like, but it was fun.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 30 Aug 12, 08:18
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300] Greybriar is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Thanks for the advice....I was going to buy the camo thing for it as was suggested is that the best idea?
You're welcome.

I would buy only what I could afford if I were you, and then only when it is on sale. Paying half a million credits for a piece of extra equipment is quite a lot, especially early on. Many of the modules cannot be transferred to another vehicle without spending a small amount of gold which those playing on Free accounts do not have.

I didn't buy anything but camouflage nets for each of my vehicles until after I had been playing for awhile. But gun laying drives and rammers do help if you can afford them.
Old 31 Aug 12, 08:22
Private First Class
Scotland

Alright I'll keep that in mind.
Old 02 Dec 12, 08:26
Private First Class
Scotland

I finally have an internet connection. So can anyone tell me what's been updated in WoT last time I played was when I posted that vid..
Old 02 Dec 12, 12:47
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

To post all the changes would require a very lengthy post, so I will just post the links to Update 8.0 and Update 8.1 from the World of Tanks official site.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!