StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War The Battle for Vietnam. .

Old 18 Aug 12, 04:24
Brigadier General
Australia

Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200] Crackshot is walking in the light [200]
R.I.P Ken.
You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk
Old 18 Aug 12, 04:48
Brigadier General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200] BigDog is walking in the light [200]
Old 18 Aug 12, 09:37
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99] Leonardo63 is on the path to success [1-99]
I can be sure that he knew in his heart how all those around him in body, spirit and mind felt about him. I am thankful for the time I was able to get to know him. God bless his family and friends.

Old 18 Aug 12, 09:52
General of the Forums
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Rojik has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Sad news. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!
Old 18 Aug 12, 09:54
General of the Forums
France
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Stryker 19K30 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]

That is all I can say.
Sponsored Links

Old 18 Aug 12, 10:53
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Emtos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
R.I.P. Ken
Old 18 Aug 12, 11:39
Sergeant Major
Powflag
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

hankwill has disabled reputation
R.I.P.,LT...you may now get back to your men.Sir

Last edited by hankwill; 18 Aug 12 at 20:32..
Old 18 Aug 12, 14:26
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+] johnbryan has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
God Bless! RIP Ken!.
Old 18 Aug 12, 14:43
Staff Sergeant
United_States

Cham is on the path to success [1-99] Cham is on the path to success [1-99]
Rest in Peace
Old 18 Aug 12, 16:28
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100] MontanaKid has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Saigon View Post
O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
But O heart! heart! heart!O the bleeding drops of red,Where on the deck my Captain lies,Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
For you bouquets and ribboned wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!This arm beneath your head;It is some dream that on the deck,You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
The ship is anchored safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won;
Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies, Fallen cold and dead.

He has gone to join his men on the wall
I can't think of anything better to post. A great poem when Walt Whitman wrote it after Lincoln's assassination, it is a most fitting thing to read at the death of a veteran.
No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends John 15:13
Old 18 Aug 12, 17:38
ACG Forums - General Staff
France
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Summer Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I called the funeral home this morning and they said the Jensen family would be in at 1:00 to make arrangements. I will try to call back Monday morning to see what time the services will be.

Pruitt

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"
Old 18 Aug 12, 18:17
Sergeant Major
Spain

Casyd is on the path to success [1-99] Casyd is on the path to success [1-99] Casyd is on the path to success [1-99] Casyd is on the path to success [1-99] Casyd is on the path to success [1-99] Casyd is on the path to success [1-99]
Rest in peace, my friend.

Old 18 Aug 12, 23:02
Corporal
United_States

DeltaCooper is on the path to success [1-99] DeltaCooper is on the path to success [1-99]
To Angie and the family: my heartfelt condolences in the passing of a great man. I am glad that I was able to meet Angie and see Ken at our 2008 DELTA Company reunion and to recall the good and bad times we were together. As most of you know from all of Ken's postings, he was Delta/Lima platoon leader several different times from July 1967 to February 1968 (he was wounded so severely he did not return to DELTA. He just kept coming back to us. That is true devotion to his men.

I salute you Ken and wish you Godspeed to meet up with our lost troops from Lima.
Old 19 Aug 12, 05:07
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600] Robbie Lynne is simply cracking [600]
Words cannot express the grief and sadness on the loss of the best of the best..RIP and Godspeed my friend

"In every life,
there comes a time,
to walk in shadows and to walk in sunlight,
to hear silence and a song to shed tears of sadness and of joy,
to forget what was taken,
and remember what has been given."

Author Unknown

Old 19 Aug 12, 06:09
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Rest well, Ken. I knew you as an excellent person who stood up for what he believed in and never backed down. Prayers and blessings.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!