HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 25 May 12, 15:07
Brigadier General
United_States
Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hida Akechi View Post
Starting to get a little sick of being one-shotted early in a game because I'm being placed in a match with opposing tanks that are too high of a tier for me to deal with.
Don't sit still. And stay behind a BIG guy. Once he is engaged with another guy from the other team hit that other guy in the back or sides. Just don't sit still.
Old 25 May 12, 16:52
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
I know. I am just getting a bit frustrated at the grind, and have had a bad few days of WoT. Lots of losses, LOTS of destroyed vehicles with nothing to show for it.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 25 May 12, 21:00
First Lieutenant
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
I know. I am just getting a bit frustrated at the grind, and have had a bad few days of WoT. Lots of losses, LOTS of destroyed vehicles with nothing to show for it.
Been there had 5 kills then the whole teams dies and I am last one versus 5.
Old 25 May 12, 22:07
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300] Hida Akechi is on a distinguished road [300]
I pulled a 1 vs 10 yesterday in my Tier III artillery.

But, usually, I don't make it that far. I get one shotted at some stupid incredible distance (not always by artillery) while I'm just positioning on myself to pick a point of contact to dive into.

Oh, and I got REALLY WEAK and bought a little bit of gold. I had all of this XP that I couldn't use on elite tanks that I don't own anymore so I got sick of seeing it and decided to do something about it.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 04 Jun 12, 13:20
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Got a KV-1 and my reward is to face Tiger IIs and Lowes and their cousins at tier 7 and 8. My win/loss ratio has plummeted.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 06 Jun 12, 05:15
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Got a KV-1 and my reward is to face Tiger IIs and Lowes and their cousins at tier 7 and 8. My win/loss ratio has plummeted.
Use the large calibre HE thrower.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 06 Jun 12, 15:06
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I've am using the 122mm U-11. Its fun, and I can actually hurt big tanks (if I'm close), but its really slow loading and not very accurate at long range.

However, when I am matched up with my Tier in a decent MM, the gun really rocks as I can one-shot alot of things while earning Steel Wall every time.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 07 Jun 12, 17:18
General of the Forums
Canada
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
I found that my KV-1 gets really bad games. KV-2 got better games, but I wouldn't recommend getting it, it's fun to pub with but it's useless in TCs and you'll have to play the hell out of it to get to the S-51. I wouldn't recommend the T-150 either, get the KV-1S. A great tank, fun to play, very useful in TCs, I don't pub with it though. After that you get the IS, which I hear is a great tank and fun to play, MM isn't always kind to it though.
Old 07 Jun 12, 23:11
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I have been working toward getting the 1S, mainly because its faster than the 1. As well as being tougher, too. It bothers me to have heavier tanks move quicker than I do.

Yes, I am working toward the IS series.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 08 Jun 12, 12:13
General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500]
Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500] Arthwys is a jewel in the rough [500]
Sorry I came upon this thread so late. I'm glad you're enjoying it and sticking with it despite the frustrations that occur. From your posts I get the impression that you're proceeding down the Russian line. Once you get to the IS3 you'll be loving it if not before then. My clan-mates have nice things to say about the KV5 as well. Hope to see you out there.

'Tell my Wife I am trolling Atlantis, and I still have my hand on the Wheel.'
Sponsored Links

Old 08 Jun 12, 21:48
General of the Forums
Canada
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthwys View Post
Sorry I came upon this thread so late. I'm glad you're enjoying it and sticking with it despite the frustrations that occur. From your posts I get the impression that you're proceeding down the Russian line. Once you get to the IS3 you'll be loving it if not before then. My clan-mates have nice things to say about the KV5 as well. Hope to see you out there.
If you're going to spend $ on a tank, especially a Tier VIII, I would not recommend the KV-5. It's extremely well armored but beyond that It doesn't have a lot of advantages. The only reason to get premium tanks is to grind creds and xp and the Type 59 excels at that, with the Lowe coming in at 2nd.

Any real serious player with some cash to spare should invest in a Type 59 to make the grind down whatever line you want faster.

Also, what makes WoT fun are the TCs and clan wars. Nobody likes pub matches. So focus on lines that are actually useful in TCs. For Medium TCs, get a VK 3601(H), a KV-1S and a Grille. There are a lot of other tanks that are useful in Med TCs but just getting those 3 is sufficient. If you're really serious about it then get a T-50 and a M18 Hellcat as well.

For Champ TCs you'll want an IS-3, a GW Panther, and possibly a T-50-2 and AMX 13 90, those are the tanks that are the most in demand, especially the IS-3, it's the best Tier VIII heavy.

I'm not too sure about Absolutes/Clan Wars. But any Tier 8 arty, IS-7s, Pattons, Bat Chats, and the US Tier 10 heavy are good options.
Old 09 Jun 12, 08:12
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

I hate T-50-2s. At least opposing them. They come up on our base fast and flit around like little gnats, lighting everyone up for enemy artillery and nailing ours. I'm always forced to turn around and try to deal with them, waste shots missing, and then watch someone else kill them (because with my KV-1, I'm always the slowest tank and am at the back when these little #*&%-ers show up). And anyone that's play them in the games I have played are assbags on the chat.

I like the Type 59, for looks and performance, but I'm not a wallet warrior and won't have the $$ to buy one--possibly ever. The little bit of gold I have is reserved for exchanging XP on elite tanks and maybe the possible camo job.

I hate the idea of taking this tank or that tank only because it is "the best" in its Tier, or its more useful than another type in certain type of matches; or everyone expects you to take it to be competitive. I just want to have fun with the tanks that I think are cool. Like the IS-7, or my slow KV-1 at the moment (or even my lowly elite PzIII Ausf A that I kept because I have fun with it).

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 09 Jun 12, 12:18
UK
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Wait until you hit a T-50-2's Ammo rack with a snap shot, while its doing many MPH...

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 09 Jun 12, 16:03
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
Wait until you hit a T-50-2's Ammo rack with a snap shot, while its doing many MPH...

Oh I'll relish that.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
Old 09 Jun 12, 18:07
UK

Quote:
Oh I'll relish that.
Second most amusing moment is Tracking them in front of everyone.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!