HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central Discussion of current and exclusive political nature takes place here. .

Closed Thread

Old 04 Mar 12, 23:26
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

HighlanderNorth is on the path to success [1-99] HighlanderNorth is on the path to success [1-99]
Lightbulb Thread removed........Questions of accuracy..... Sorry

Sorry to waste anyone's time, but this was emailed to me from my father, who is usually a straight laced guy, but I dont think he fact checked it when he received it earlier.

So I'm removing the OP due to questions of it's accuracy, and it caused at least 2 people to get really bent out of shape, so out it goes........

Again, sorry..........I'll make sure to fact check this kind of thing better next time.

Last edited by HighlanderNorth; 05 Mar 12 at 19:46..
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 04 Mar 12, 23:32
General of the Forums
Pirate

KICK is a jewel in the rough [500]
KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500]
its a free country.

OR

it is supposed to be.
Old 05 Mar 12, 00:32
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlanderNorth View Post
My father emailed me this today and it shows Obama's "Progressive" mindset

'Senator Obama replied:

(ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???)

Obama continued:

When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Yes, you read it right.

I, for one, am speechless!!!

Dale Lindsborg , Washington Post

EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NEEDS

TO READ THIS, KEEP IT GOING ! !

SAVE AMERICA BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE ! !

^^Email it to everyone you know!
How about just living in the real world?

Isn't that hard enough?

Jeez!

Philip
Old 05 Mar 12, 00:48
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Canada
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:

Yes, he told us in advance what he planned to do. Few were listening.

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press'.

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

NOW GET THIS !!

'Senator Obama replied:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression.." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ......"

When I become President, I will seek a pact of agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation, have placed upon the nations of Islam, an unfair injustice which is WHY my wife disrespects the Flag and she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past".

"Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put my hatred aside. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First black Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America "

Yes, you read it right.

Do you understand the concept of "fact checking"?
Thanks to google, it often takes less than a minute to find out whether a story is bogus or not.
This one was shown to be false on this very forum several weeks ago, when another poster posted this same story.

For your edification:
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/04/oba...tional-anthem/
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bar...ama_anthem.htm
Old 05 Mar 12, 00:50
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Oh boy...may I suggest reading more?

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 05 Mar 12, 07:48
General of the Forums
United_States

SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500] SRV Ron is a jewel in the rough [500]
Given current events and how the facts over the years are being carefully altered there, I no longer have faith in the validity of Fact Check, Snopes, or Urban Legend on anything political they post there.

Having made the statement above, the facts are, that when this chain letter was sent out in 2008, the claims made in that letter were and still remains false.

And, it still remains extremely easy to Photoshop lapel pins and background flags from photos of Obama conducting his teleprompter lectures to the country.
Old 05 Mar 12, 08:39
General of the Forums
Finland
5 Year Service Ribbon ACG Ten Year Service Award March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Karri is simply cracking [600]
Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600]
Do people just believe everything that supports their opinion...

Rules have purpose. The time to break them is when the purpose is no longer served.
Old 05 Mar 12, 13:56
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Old news. Why do people still believe it? Because Obama has shown himself to be exactly that kind of person.
Old 05 Mar 12, 14:00
General of the Forums
United_States
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800] rebpreacher gives and gets respect [800]
Yeah,last I heard we had free speech.
Old 05 Mar 12, 14:05
ACG Forums - Field Marshal
Canada
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Skoblin has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
Old news. Why do people still believe it? Because Obama has shown himself to be exactly that kind of person.
Apparently his opponents show themselves to be exactly those kinds of persons who compile false stories and spread them as fact.

Old 05 Mar 12, 14:23
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

HighlanderNorth is on the path to success [1-99] HighlanderNorth is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoblin View Post
Do you understand the concept of "fact checking"?
Thanks to google, it often takes less than a minute to find out whether a story is bogus or not.
This one was shown to be false on this very forum several weeks ago, when another poster posted this same story.

For your edification:
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/04/oba...tional-anthem/
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bar...ama_anthem.htm

Just because some liberal says something isnt true doesnt make it so, and besides, the info in the OP IS consistent to how many of the left think anyway! I've seen early interviews with Obama where he personally said a lot of this same stuff. This is nothing new. The Left have been dishonestly vilifying the military for about 45 years now, as can be seen in just about ANY Hollywood movie or TV show that includes or features the US military. They call the US an "EVIL EMPIRE". If I had a dime for every time I personally heard a Liberal say that, I'd be rich! They ALWAYS blame Israel for EVERYTHING bad that happens over there, and they almost ALWAYS give the Muslims a pass!

To sum it all up, there isnt anything in the OP is in any way inconsistent with how Obama and many/most of the American Left feel..........
Old 05 Mar 12, 14:39
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Just because some liberal says something isnt true doesnt make it so, and besides, the info in the OP IS consistent to how many of the left think anyway! I've seen early interviews with Obama where he personally said a lot of this same stuff. This is nothing new. The Left have been dishonestly vilifying the military for about 45 years now, as can be seen in just about ANY Hollywood movie or TV show that includes or features the US military. They call the US an "EVIL EMPIRE". If I had a dime for every time I personally heard a Liberal say that, I'd be rich! They ALWAYS blame Israel for EVERYTHING bad that happens over there, and they almost ALWAYS give the Muslims a pass!

To sum it all up, there isnt anything in the OP is in any way inconsistent with how Obama and many/most of the American Left feel..........
Do you really think it is acceptable to post a fictitious statement like this

Quote:
Obama continued: "The National Anthem should be 'swapped' for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'. If that were our anthem, then, I might salute it. In my opinion, we should consider reinventing our National Anthem as well as 'redesign' our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we, as a Nation of warring people, conduct ourselves like the nations of Islam, where peace prevails - - - perhaps a state or period of mutual accord could exist between our governments ......"
and enclose it in quotation/speech marks to clearly indicate those statements were actually made?

Philip
Old 05 Mar 12, 14:41
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500]
johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:

Juat admit that you were duped and were wrong.
Old 05 Mar 12, 14:41
Major General
Scotland
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300] Paddybhoy is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:

Yes, he told us in advance what he planned to do. Few were listening.

The following is a narrative taken from a 2008 Sunday morning televised "Meet The Press'.

From Sunday's 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, Televised "Meet the Press" THE THEN Senator Obama was asked about his stance on the American Flag.

General Bill Gann' USAF (ret.) asked Obama to explain WHY he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General stated to Obama that according to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171...

During rendition of the national anthem, when the flag is displayed, all present (except those in uniform) are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Or, at the very least, "Stand and Face It".

NOW GET THIS !!

'Senator Obama replied:

"As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides". "There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression.." "The anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all that sort of thing."

Yes, you read it right.

Aww your special
Old 05 Mar 12, 14:45
Gunnery Sergeant
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoblin View Post
Apparently his opponents show themselves to be exactly those kinds of persons who compile false stories and spread them as fact.

Yeah, I guess like many in the media and among the democrats say, if you dont support Obama or disagree with his policies, you're a racist!

Do you criticize those people for that nonsense, or do you believe it?

Was Obama's administration's brilliant idea of sending over 2000 guns to Mexican drug cartel hit-men made up? Oh yeah, I forgot, unlike Bush, Obama is NEVER to be held accountable for his own actions, or the actions of his people!

What about giving $550,000,000 to a failing company, even though EVERYONE strongly urged against it, but doing so anyway, because the top guys there are BIG Democrat donors and campaign bundlers! Was that made up? Then the company goes bankrupt, as everyone warned. But then Obama then changed the bankruptcy rules, so that the American taxpayers dont get paid back after the bankruptcy, while moving the top Solyndra leaders to the top of the "pay" list, so that they get their money back, but not the taxpayers who were screwed! These are the same rich Democrat campaign bundlers. Was that made up?

How about Obamacare, actually called the "Affordable Health Care Act". In fact, the cost of health care has increased dramatically as a result of Obamacare, and it cost about 1 trillion dollars, and its going up, probably because of the millions of illegal immigrants who now get 100% free health care coverage(at taxpayer expense) because they are now eligible for Medicaid, which was set up by Obama in Obamacare! In the mean time, if you are a US citizen, but you make more than about 12-13k per year, but dont have health insurance, you are now going to be FORCED to pay out several or many thousands of dollars per year to buy health care, even though you dont have the money. But if you cant afford it, then you get fined $750!! But those illegal immigrants get free health care! Thats fair right? Liberals and dems seem to think so!

Yep, your right! Obama has done one heck of a job, and everything said against him are lies!
Closed Thread

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!