HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Napoleonic Era

Notices and Announcements

Napoleonic Era Discuss the many wars fought around the globe around the time of Napoleon. This forum is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider.

Old 03 Mar 12, 09:48
Staff Sergeant
Canada
SPQR Campaign 

Munk is on the path to success [1-99] Munk is on the path to success [1-99] Munk is on the path to success [1-99] Munk is on the path to success [1-99]
From La Force prison...

2nd of November of the First Year of the French Republic

Citizens of France, People of Paris, Patriots of the Republic,

I, your poet and ally, currently stand on trial for inciting revolt, for threatening those buggers of the Convention, for the 600 traitors, Royalists, Aristocrats and non-juring priests that only got what they deserved in the evening of the 2nd of September.
The world has turned upside-down. I am not supposed to be here, but that filthy swine Capet currently eating himself fat in the Temple is supposed to be on trial. How many crimes does he and his henchmen not have on their conscience - that is, if these revolting humans even have a conscience?

How many of us have they not sacrificed to the roar of cannons in their useless wars? How many of us have not died of hunger when the prices soared and we had not the coin to pay for these basic necessities? How many of our children have not died of sickness and cold in our miserable shacks when the winters were extreme? How much of our hard-earned wages have these worthless bastards not sucked out of us in taxes in the past decades – leaving us with nothing? How many times have we not been kicked and slapped for the most quiet grumble or murmur we let out in desolation or injustice?
After years, nay, centuries of such treatment, they expect us and you, the people, to show a little humanity? To forgive and forget? Now that the burning rage is upon them, they revolt from what we do and consider us criminals? The hyprocrit bastards! They have been doing this for 500 years!!!! Now they suddenly cry out for justice! Now they suddenly cry out for law, order and equal rights! This just pisses me right off. They have put on a mask, but unfortunately their ears are sticking out. We see who they really are. The people is not fooled.

What am I guilty of? Of glorifying you citizens of the Parisian faubourgs! Glorifying your power, your swift justice, your virtue, your revolution. Of speaking my mind! Now that freedom of speech is guaranteed, not a friggin crime I thought. Of defending you! You the people that have suffered so much, that embody the Revolution which you have started, for only you have spilled your sacred blood, only you have lost a brother or a sister a son or a daughter – and not those maggots currently in prison. I am guilty because I express the true power of the people of the faubourg and to warn that nobody should mess with this power living inside Paris!

I will not plead to you for my release nor for safeguarding my life, otherwise I will be probably accused of inciting an insurrection yet again. I place my soul in your hands good people of Paris. Only you will decide on my fate as this is only YOUR right!

Your sentence is the only one I will bow to.

Cincinnatus Clouseau
Old 03 Mar 12, 12:07
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munk View Post
2nd of November of the First Year of the French Republic

Citizens of France, People of Paris, Patriots of the Republic,

I, your poet and ally, currently stand on trial for inciting revolt, for threatening those buggers of the Convention, for the 600 traitors, Royalists, Aristocrats and non-juring priests that only got what they deserved in the evening of the 2nd of September.
The world has turned upside-down. I am not supposed to be here, but that filthy swine Capet currently eating himself fat in the Temple is supposed to be on trial. How many crimes does he and his henchmen not have on their conscience - that is, if these revolting humans even have a conscience?

How many of us have they not sacrificed to the roar of cannons in their useless wars? How many of us have not died of hunger when the prices soared and we had not the coin to pay for these basic necessities? How many of our children have not died of sickness and cold in our miserable shacks when the winters were extreme? How much of our hard-earned wages have these worthless bastards not sucked out of us in taxes in the past decades – leaving us with nothing? How many times have we not been kicked and slapped for the most quiet grumble or murmur we let out in desolation or injustice?
After years, nay, centuries of such treatment, they expect us and you, the people, to show a little humanity? To forgive and forget? Now that the burning rage is upon them, they revolt from what we do and consider us criminals? The hyprocrit bastards! They have been doing this for 500 years!!!! Now they suddenly cry out for justice! Now they suddenly cry out for law, order and equal rights! This just pisses me right off. They have put on a mask, but unfortunately their ears are sticking out. We see who they really are. The people is not fooled.

What am I guilty of? Of glorifying you citizens of the Parisian faubourgs! Glorifying your power, your swift justice, your virtue, your revolution. Of speaking my mind! Now that freedom of speech is guaranteed, not a friggin crime I thought. Of defending you! You the people that have suffered so much, that embody the Revolution which you have started, for only you have spilled your sacred blood, only you have lost a brother or a sister a son or a daughter – and not those maggots currently in prison. I am guilty because I express the true power of the people of the faubourg and to warn that nobody should mess with this power living inside Paris!

I will not plead to you for my release nor for safeguarding my life, otherwise I will be probably accused of inciting an insurrection yet again. I place my soul in your hands good people of Paris. Only you will decide on my fate as this is only YOUR right!

Your sentence is the only one I will bow to.

Cincinnatus Clouseau
French citizens, if you want more massacres, pillaging, and riots, vote this man free.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 04 Mar 12, 18:05
General
Philippines

GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200] GMan88 is walking in the light [200]
What a court! We need a veterinarian, to see to the ailing kangaroo!

Where's the evidence? Is a man supposed to be convicted based merely on what he says? An angry man can be convicted merely by what he utters?

If a man can die by words, then now apparently is that time.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!