HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central Discussion of current and exclusive political nature takes place here. .

Old 26 Feb 12, 16:02
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900]
Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900] Crash has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok View Post
I thought Cain caved too quickly, but he did defend himself.
He blamed the women...like you just did...and the media.

He, of course, had nothing to do with it.
Old 26 Feb 12, 16:35
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

johns624 is simply cracking [600]
johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600]
Quote:

the only liberal democracy in the Middle East and the only country in that region where any of us could bear to live.[/I]

They sit in world forums, weirdly denouncing Israel as the worst violator of human rights, the greatest threat to world peace. They demand that Israel cease its checkpoints and walls and its other attempts to save Jewish lives.
Sorry, I wouldn't want to live in any ME country. Israel may be a liberal democracy, if you're a Israeli citizen, but what about all the others who live within its borders and can't become citizens?
Old 26 Feb 12, 16:41
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
Sorry, I wouldn't want to live in any ME country. Israel may be a liberal democracy, if you're a Israeli citizen, but what about all the others who live within its borders and can't become citizens?
They're in the same position as Third Worlders all over the world, including Europe and America.
Old 26 Feb 12, 16:47
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
...but what about all the others who live within its borders and can't become citizens?
Israel has immigration policies and laws in effect.

http://www.bpb.de/themen/CDU1M9,0,Im...on_policy.html

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

"All mimsy were the Borogoves"
Old 26 Feb 12, 17:36
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

johns624 is simply cracking [600]
johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Israel has immigration policies and laws in effect.

http://www.bpb.de/themen/CDU1M9,0,Im...on_policy.html
I'm not talking about Jews wanting to emigrate and you know it.
What people need to understand is that the Israel of today isn't the Israel of 40 years ago. The breakup of the USSR brought a huge influx of Russians there and they are very powerful. One million Russians came to Israel between 1990-2004, out of a population of 7 million.
Old 26 Feb 12, 17:48
Lance Corporal
United_States

Douglas MacArth is on the path to success [1-99]
I am a liberal and I don't apologize for the bad actions of Muslims. The wrongdoings of any religion are not to be condoned. I am not anti-Israel. I respect them as would any others.

-Winston Churchill
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karri View Post
Yes, and I am trying to scale down doing that. But it's a general problem in internet: hardly anyone ever admits to being wrong, and when presented with evidence you can just ignore it completely and move to another thread, answer selectively, or just insult. Or derail the thread.

It could be a nice discussion forum, but it isn't at the moment. Been there, done that, trying to change :/
It's hard to admit being wrong...

lol I remember way back when I started my Marijuana legalization thread I fought for days on why it should remain illegal. But with so much evidence to the contrary, I just had to flat out say, "Dang. You're right, and I'm an idiot."

But it's tough. But regarding religion (an incredibly personal topic), it's not likely to happen on either side of the spectrum.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas MacArth View Post
I am a liberal and I don't apologize for the bad actions of religions. The wrongdoings of any religion are not to be condoned. I am not anti-Israel. I respect them as would any others.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Old 26 Feb 12, 17:56
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

So where are we on the original topic?
Old 26 Feb 12, 18:02
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
So where are we on the original topic?
What motivates non-Muslim Islamic apologists?

I gave my answer in post...6

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Sponsored Links

Old 26 Feb 12, 18:09
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington95 View Post
What motivates non-Muslim Islamic apologists?

I gave my answer in post...6
I asked "where are WE"? I know where you are. However, the discussion is now divided between Muslims and religion, rather than "non-MUslim apologists".

Comprende?
Old 26 Feb 12, 18:09
Lieutenant General
Canada

Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300]
I'm probably seen as a Liberal by many here, but I do think that Islam has become to pampered/defended in our culture. I mean you dare not draw or portray Muhammad, but Jesus can be and is frequently lampooned in our culture. It would be nice to see Muhammad lampooned for a change.
Old 26 Feb 12, 18:22
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas MacArth View Post
I am a liberal and I don't apologize for the bad actions of Muslims. The wrongdoings of any religion are not to be condoned. I am not anti-Israel. I respect them as would any others.
I don't think anyone would go so far to say that all Liberals defend Islam, or that all Conservatives hate Islam. I'm a Conservative, I have Muslim friends; they're good guys. I don't believe that there's anything inherently wrong about Islam, not in particular at least. It's no different than Christianity or Judaism. Personally I think organized religion in general is bad, but that has nothing to do with Islam in particular. The main difference I see between Christianity, Judaism and Islam is Christians and Jews ignore the violent parts of their religious texts and have formed moral and ethical codes from the good parts. Those codes, among other things, form the basis of all morality and ethics in Western Civilization, even for irreligious people.

In Islam however, far too many Muslims embrace the bad and ignore the good. They interpret whatever bits of the Koran they want to in whatever way fits their agenda. What's worse, is that the majority of Muslims, who don't necessarily believe in this sort of radicalism, are silent. They do little to denounce it and seem quite content with just sitting around and letting it happen. There is a very small vocal minority of Muslims, most of which live in the West, that do denounce it, but it's not enough. Even then, far too many Muslims who live in the West are radicals. This is particularly true in Britain and other European countries.

So coming back to Liberals, even though not all of them defend Islam, many do. And it's certainly not a matter of defending religious freedom or being accepting of all religions, because the Liberals that defend Islam are the most intolerant and racism scum that have ever walked on the planet. They claim to be for rights and freedoms, yet they try to erase all traces of Christianity from society while accusing Conservatives of being intolerant of Muslims. Conservatives invented religious freedom, f, we invented freedom period. Freedom did not exist in Western Society until we decided that all men should be free from tyranny and have individual rights.
Old 26 Feb 12, 18:24
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
I'm probably seen as a Liberal by many here, but I do think that Islam has become to pampered/defended in our culture. I mean you dare not draw or portray Muhammad, but Jesus can be and is frequently lampooned in our culture. It would be nice to see Muhammad lampooned for a change.
It is, the Danes tried it and Muslims freaked out. Meanwhile Family Guy is poking fun of Christianity and me and my religious friends can watch it together and laugh.
Old 26 Feb 12, 18:30
Lieutenant General
Canada

Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300] Jonathanrex1 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
It is, the Danes tried it and Muslims freaked out. Meanwhile Family Guy is poking fun of Christianity and me and my religious friends can watch it together and laugh.
The Danish cartoons were that offensive, in my opinion, as what as been said about Christians here in the Western world.

The web-comic Jesus and Mo and a few South Park episodes are the only examples I can recall that have actually lampooned Islam in a critical way.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!