HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central Discussion of current and exclusive political nature takes place here. .

Old 26 Feb 12, 08:33
General of the Forums
Pirate

KICK is a jewel in the rough [500]
KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500] KICK is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns624 View Post
Maybe it's because so many of these posts are started by PS1982 and he's just so predictable and fun to mess with.
it is true .

the same old song with a few new words
Old 26 Feb 12, 08:42
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

trebuchet has a spectacular aura about [400]
trebuchet has a spectacular aura about [400] trebuchet has a spectacular aura about [400] trebuchet has a spectacular aura about [400]
Are there any of us ACG political forum regulars that haven't done something similar? Few threads are more sophisticated than either a post designed to stir up the opposition and/or elicit agreement amongst those of similar mind. We have very few actual discussions here.
Old 26 Feb 12, 08:43
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

johns624 is simply cracking [600]
johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600]
To those other groups that I mentioned, I forgot to add the KKK. How many years did they keep the South in fear. It took the Feds to bring law and order to some areas. Some of its members were Christian ministers, too. Just like some mullahs are violent radicals.
Old 26 Feb 12, 08:45
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

johns624 is simply cracking [600]
johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600] johns624 is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet View Post
Are there any of us ACG political forum regulars that haven't done something similar? Few threads are more sophisticated than either a post designed to stir up the opposition and/or elicit agreement amongst those of similar mind. We have very few actual discussions here.
It's all about the noise to substance ratio. Some people post almost nowhere else but the Politics section. Some are like Rain Man and can only talk about one topic. Others spend more time in the Military forums and just post here occasionally.
Old 26 Feb 12, 08:59
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

trebuchet has a spectacular aura about [400] trebuchet has a spectacular aura about [400] trebuchet has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Maybe it's because so many of these posts are started by PS1982 and he's just so predictable and fun to mess with.
While I like PS1982 as a person, there have been many times when I've thought his passion has done our side of the debate more harm than good.

But heck, who am I to throw stones on that score?
Old 26 Feb 12, 09:09
Lieutenant General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
It's all about the noise to substance ratio. Some people post almost nowhere else but the Politics section. Some are like Rain Man and can only talk about one topic. Others spend more time in the Military forums and just post here occasionally.
I seldom visit the military forums. I come here to get in some whacks against leftists, and also get whacked in return. If this place was only a right-wing hugfest I'd be bored out my skull in a week. I much prefer a diversity of views to hone my own arguments. I know what I believe, but I think it's good to hear other POVs and I'll be the first to admit I can be wrong. Besides, many of the leftists here are so woefully ignorant they are an easy way to make oneself feel good in comparison. I confess it's a cheap thrill.

But I greatly appreciate the few who make me think.
Old 26 Feb 12, 09:21
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri is simply cracking [600]
Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600]
To answer the original post: quite simply some of the stuff that gets posted here is stupid, illogical, extremely biased and just plain wrong. And I like to point that out.

Rules have purpose. The time to break them is when the purpose is no longer served.
Old 26 Feb 12, 09:23
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karri View Post
To answer the original post: quite simply some of the stuff that gets posted here is stupid, illogical, extremely biased and just plain wrong. And I like to point that out.
Could you please elaborate?

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 26 Feb 12, 09:49
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri is simply cracking [600]
Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600] Karri is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington95 View Post
Could you please elaborate?
Pirateship supporting genocide because some moslems are radicals. Just open any thread and you can find stupid things like that. It's probably because there are so many conservatives here that the discussion becomes a circle-jerk because there is no one to disagree with them...basic human mentality, you agree with your "allies" on everything they say so as not to anger them.

Not saying it's a conservative thing(otherwise we'll have half a dozen people throwing personal insults at me again), it happens whatever the group is.

Rules have purpose. The time to break them is when the purpose is no longer served.
Old 26 Feb 12, 11:50
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Pirateship supporting genocide because some moslems are radicals. Just open any thread and you can find stupid things like that. It's probably because there are so many conservatives here that the discussion becomes a circle-jerk because there is no one to disagree with them...basic human mentality, you agree with your "allies" on everything they say so as not to anger them.

Not saying it's a conservative thing(otherwise we'll have half a dozen people throwing personal insults at me again), it happens whatever the group is.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Sponsored Links

Old 26 Feb 12, 12:46
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:

A "circle jerk"? You actually compared a perverted sexual act to debating and discussing on this forum?

"What's wrong with people" is that they can't stay focused on the issue under discussion.
You think it's a sex act and Salinator is obsessed with giving people grammar lessons.

Go soak your hand in a bucket of bleach until you are cleansed and can see the error of your ways.
Old 26 Feb 12, 12:58
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
PS1982. It's called tolerance and respect for others.
You mean to say "selective" tolerance and respect for others. Rick Santorum is not calling for the beheadings of non-believers, yet his references to elements of his faith have the MSM foaming at the mouth in denunciation.

To the OP, it is true what has been said before. On September 11th, 2001, Liberals in this country finally found a religion they could embrace wholeheartedly. Their defense of any criticism of Islam can be credited to the same philosophical rational which insist they see racism in any criticism of any black individual (unless that individual is a conservative black, of course).

Liberals are so AFRAID that someone might call them a racist or an Islamophobe that they will do ANYTHING to keep that from happening.

But in the case of defending everything Islam it goes a step further. The Islamic world is predominantly anti-Israel, which makes loving Islam a natural for most liberals.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

"All mimsy were the Borogoves"
Old 26 Feb 12, 13:01
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok View Post
You mean to say "selective" tolerance and respect for others. Rick Santorum is not calling for the beheadings of non-believers, yet his references to elements of his faith have the MSM foaming at the mouth in denunciation.

To the OP, it is true what has been said before. On September 11th, 2001, Liberals in this country finally found a religion they could embrace wholeheartedly. Their defense of any criticism of Islam can be credited to the same philosophical rational which insist they see racism in any criticism of any black individual (unless that individual is a conservative black, of course).

Liberals are so AFRAID that someone might call them a racist or an Islamophobe that they will do ANYTHING to keep that from happening.

But in the case of defending everything Islam it goes a step further. The Islamic world is predominantly anti-Israel, which makes loving Islam a natural for most liberals.
Yeah liberals just represent everything that's wrong with this country.

Conservative America is a golden America

I'm a conservative and I respect Islam. Am I the problem with America too? I sure as heck am not anti-Israel, so how would you classify me then?

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 26 Feb 12, 13:04
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Martok has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Pirateship supporting genocide because some moslems are radicals.
I would really be interested in you posting examples of Pirateship's calls for genocide against the Islamic people.

(Better to die on your feet than live on your knees)

"All mimsy were the Borogoves"
Old 26 Feb 12, 13:04
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Would that include your own opinions about things?

To paraphrase Salinator the Grammarian (sounds like a Roman job title), what you meant to say was that points of view different from your own arising from different educational, training and life experiences totally unknown to you are often presented during discussions on this forum...right?

You weren't actually openly labeling any of your fellow members as "sutpid, illogical, extremely biased and just plain wrong", something that would make you arrogant, supercilious and overbearing, not to mention rude and discourteous, were you?

I didn't think so

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!