StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > World War II

Notices and Announcements

World War II Discuss WW2. .

Old 09 Apr 05, 16:45
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17poundr
Great site, and as I just sipped the single malt Glenfiddich that I belive you recommended! I'm in such a generous mood, I'll share a couple of more specialized, but good ww2 figher sites, and one or two bomber one's to balance the mix...

Here, all about the guy's who nailed the last nails into the lufwaffe's coffin, and built most of it too...

http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/index.html

Here is the whole shabang, the whole century, with lot's of military stuff...

http://www.pilotfriend.com/century-of-flight/index.htm

To completely confuse, a guy's personal vietnam jet site, p.s. He flew a year or two in the 'nam'...

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/Thomas.Pilsch/AirOps/

Anything axis, here is your net page! ww2 all axis reported!

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/2072/LW_OBs.html

If you think the B-24 was overshadowed by the B-17, dont spare, here it is, the total liberator page!

http://www.b24bestweb.com/

And last but not least... to the 'fiew' and links to all raf things...

http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/bobhome.html
Nelson, I'm glad your enjoying your scotch, but it wasn't I who recommended it. I've never been much on scotch, something about being filtered through peat that turned me off. What I recommended was the Goslings Black Seal rum.

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 10 Apr 05, 02:25
Lieutenant General
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Williams
Nelson, I'm glad your enjoying your scotch, but it wasn't I who recommended it. I've never been much on scotch, something about being filtered through peat that turned me off. What I recommended was the Goslings Black Seal rum.
Ahh, Rom y mulatas, eso es cuba! Yep, the cuban darkist rum, with a beaty along the beach, mind you in the middle of cuba, away from horrordero, or the capital, yaechhh! No go where no toursist go before , and you will find paradise!

On friday's they pull out the speakers on each end of the village/town boulevard, and the rom tanker appears, I swear it's like the gasoline tankers, round tube to carry on a truck chassis. Only this is half as short! And I'm not lying, it has a tap, and the peple come, by bottle's of different size's, even big mug's ,and they pay per second of rom that come's from the huge travelling drum of local rom! And it's ligth dark, about 35% strong, they consider stuff you can buy if you want like white whatsitsname??? what yobs in ibiza have with coka cola...??? Cabana or something, and it's 40% and locals, just laught at it, the taste is like Estonian vodka, compared to the light tea coloured rom local... And by the way, the women are veery interested whre you are from, and they might never have seen a guy with blue eyes... yep, I like rom...

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill
Old 10 Apr 05, 20:34
Private First Class
Australia

Sabre_sqdn is a balanced individual [0]
http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...-cat-index.htm

for all you aussies and those interested in australians at war.
Old 11 Apr 05, 12:59
Lieutenant General
Finland

17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100] 17poundr has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_sqdn

I read the casualties list and was shocked! In a positive way, Australia had only 17 000 KIA? how many million population did you have???

Please dont take this as a male contest of testosterone, the less the better, the apache thought the best commanders were the ones who got the job done with minimun casualties...

Finland had three million in ww2, and we had 82 000 KIA and that's not even in the top five of ww2, kia, or civ deaths, poland is no.1, then russia, then germany, then I belive Romania, and so on...

But I thought that In new guinea, Mc arthur put you guy's into guadalcanal like rainforrest with jap bunkers in under every banjan tree's roots!

You must have had blooming good first aid!

Good dinkums! (Whatever that means, but crock Dundee says it, when the LA gangbangers are flat).

If acted upon in time, ww2 could have been stopped without a single bullet being fired. - Sir Winston Churchill
Old 11 Apr 05, 14:40
Major General
Scotland

thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99]
check this site guys of a german training film of 1943 based on the eastern front ..

http://www.gunpics.net/movies/Lehrfilm1943.WMV

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/
Sponsored Links

Old 12 Apr 05, 22:47
Private First Class
Germany

Location: California - If I'm not working, you'll find me at the beach
AGKurland is a balanced individual [0]
Dead Link?

Not working for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_sqdn

Here's a plug for a series of novels if you like fantasy: RA Salvatore's War of the Spider Queen - Great Series!
Old 13 Apr 05, 19:34
Lieutenant General
Finland

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tmcc
check this site guys of a german training film of 1943 based on the eastern front ..

http://www.gunpics.net/movies/Lehrfilm1943.WMV
Oh, Tom! best ww2 film i have got for my media player (and all those irritating little bit's of 45seconds of a kamikaze, and you have to load this and this player, I think I have four or five, only two I use regurally, media player for the net stuff, and power dvd for watching films, a relic when i didnt have a separate unit for my tv!)....

granted it was probably 100% acted, but who cares? such great footage of t-34's, and a kv1 gave the end performance, orcourse, the realism was a bit, well... a moralé booster for the future berlin kid's in the cinema, so when they took the panzerfaust, they would go out, 70% be cut in half before taking the next step, but the rest scoring a tank or two!

OH, boy, and I have tried and tried, and all you get is the same pacific kamikaze's, I almost can remember which plane hit's which ship, or get's shotup on the way...

And try modern day??? I'd say, arround christmas there was stuff about the Marines taking fallujah, and the nick berg beheading, oh boy, that was rough!

I am maybe an ididot, but seeing it, got me so sick, that I had to watch three times the bit somebody nipped from a spanish speaking channell, of a very stupid insurgent putting his rpg and aiming right in front of an ally on his side!

No training for urban war, I'll say that! well a US ligth machine gun, gets him from that ally, with two short bursts. The look of suprise when the first burst takes him to a sittin position on the ground, followed by the 'coup de grace'... It was soothing after these animals shouting allah akbar! And killing the non combatant Berg.

But now, I tried about a month ago, and it's all weird, you cant load this clips, that come into ridiculously little screens in the site, with the right mouse click banned, so I cant get it into my library, I have a very interesting/awesome five minuter from a us k-130 gunship. It's from Afganistan, and they are at work on a islamic warrior barracks.

boy the negative image at night, I mean the guy's who are in the dark, shine! Especially their heads, these little figures with lamps for heads, when they try to git into vehicles, boom! the 105mm comes into action...

Anybody know where I can get live footage from any war for the media player, the quick time player, the real arcade, the Real Player... Those were the main things, oh and e-mule takes some...

what a mess, but googling is nowadays not like it used to be, do you think the authorities put a stop from extracts of bbc, or cnn news, with attached film made by a g-i himslef???

Or perhaps the whole sites had a big 'closedown' in the new year???

Shure doesent apply to google anymore, another search engine perhaps, I have tried them but they are so inferior to google!

Even the late grate altavista, gets ya nowhere compared to google with the same words!

so L I V E F O O T A G E O F mil stuff, even a training vid, of paras, anythign, for the pc media players?

I have saved the best and have about 20 clips that wary from ten seconds, to a twetny meg file of special froces in afganistan, getting mortars from a hill, and the Apaches comign to rocket and chaingun the positions...

Where can I share them? Is it time to take advantage of the Yahoo site for free?

I must admit, they are ugly compared to many that come from your own internet provider, so maybe it's time to contact Elisa asdl, and say give me my site!

I shure would have plenty of pages for displaying and sharing... mil stuff, but also model building ect...

Here a page for air fans: http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

The ultimate ace's scoreboard for ww2, put the volume off! http://www.acesofww2.com/

The complete battle ob's for kursk!: http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/vy75/toe.htm

Last edited by 17poundr; 13 Apr 05 at 19:39..
Old 13 Apr 05, 19:50
ACG Forums - General Staff
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400] Lance Williams has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17poundr
Ahh, Rom y mulatas, eso es cuba! Yep, the cuban darkist rum, with a beaty along the beach, mind you in the middle of cuba, away from horrordero, or the capital, yaechhh! No go where no toursist go before , and you will find paradise!

On friday's they pull out the speakers on each end of the village/town boulevard, and the rom tanker appears, I swear it's like the gasoline tankers, round tube to carry on a truck chassis. Only this is half as short! And I'm not lying, it has a tap, and the peple come, by bottle's of different size's, even big mug's ,and they pay per second of rom that come's from the huge travelling drum of local rom! And it's ligth dark, about 35% strong, they consider stuff you can buy if you want like white whatsitsname??? what yobs in ibiza have with coka cola...??? Cabana or something, and it's 40% and locals, just laught at it, the taste is like Estonian vodka, compared to the light tea coloured rom local... And by the way, the women are veery interested whre you are from, and they might never have seen a guy with blue eyes... yep, I like rom...
To quote Robert Shaw from the deep........."rum's not drinking,.....rum's surviving."

Peace through superior firepower.
Old 13 Apr 05, 20:11
Lieutenant General
Finland

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Williams
To quote Robert Shaw from the deep........."rum's not drinking,.....rum's surviving."
AQUA VITAE, in other words... still, I was a Napoleon VSOP man, until, oh, until, I got that ******* Glenfiddich 12 year old single malt!

If I didnt procure my select but admittedly slim bar, from Estonia, I could never afford the Fiddich!

But one third prices makes even a non NOKIA worker like me, have a two finger measure of the more and more taste bud opening Glenfiddich, I'm starting to taste the Pete they use for the fuel under the distillation apparatus, I swear! a smoky aroma...

Oh, boy, I really should have stuck to VSOP Brandy, cheaper you see old bean! But, 'Rom, I mulatas' does just fine for me too... and guess what one pays for a real, or such a good imitation it doesnt matter box of Churchill size Cohiba cicars, the best in the world, and with the right connections, one can get the real thing, with the seals and everyting, not the horrible street knock off's they sell to the 'newbies'.

You, pay 40 dollar, for a 800 Dollar box! And the proof is in the pudding, you smoke it for circa 3 hours, and if it's legit, or such a good copy (which means it's done in the factory with the ligths out in the night, from perhaps some of the leftover thrown in but factory quality anyway), when you smoke it, unless you suck on it like a pig, the cigar burns totally even, all the way, never a 'tilt' in the firehead...

Yep, man, 'ron, y mulatas, y ellas gusta tu, no para dinero, pero los ocho's azules'! Y qiero ninjos tambien! porce yo es aqui???...

Old 02 May 05, 12:34
Major General
Scotland

thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99] thomas.tmcc is on the path to success [1-99]
british MOD links for history ..

covers ww2 60th for d-day ,arnhem etc ..

http://www.mod.uk/aboutus/history/index.html

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/
Old 18 May 05, 11:44
Marshal of ACG
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Model Forum Group Build 

Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Boonierat has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Thumbs up

Just stumbled on this really great site about the german airborne operations (shame on me I never knew about it before)

-Fallschirmmjäger 1936-1945:http://www.eagle19.freeserve.co.uk/index.html

It's a great complement on this one: The Luftwaffe, 1933-45

Old 20 May 05, 14:55
Recruit
United_States

Brumbarr is a balanced individual [0]
Allied Website

A good source for Allied information with a lot of photos and WWII intelligence documents:
http://www.lonesentry.com/
Old 22 May 05, 19:48
General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

last_cav1971 is on the path to success [1-99] last_cav1971 is on the path to success [1-99] last_cav1971 is on the path to success [1-99] last_cav1971 is on the path to success [1-99] last_cav1971 is on the path to success [1-99] last_cav1971 is on the path to success [1-99] last_cav1971 is on the path to success [1-99]
Try this one........

www.b24.net

Mark
Deo Vindice
Old 23 May 05, 06:40
Private First Class
Hungary

Pannonicus has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
http://panzerkeil.dre.hu/
Old 23 May 05, 20:47
Lieutenant General
Finland

Thanks guy's, the Brit military history was obviously a godsend for me as I'm half British.

And the Lufwaffe page was good, well done, and solid. Always something interesting about them!

The B-24 page was close to my heart because for some reason, I have always considered it my favourite USAAF heavy bomber (hush dont tell the B-17 fans)!

The last one, I couldnt understand, but good pictures anyway, cheers:

here, is a couple of good ones:

A page about ww2 generals, and a whole lot more!

http://www.teacheroz.com/WWIIGenerals.htm

Here, I might have put this down somewhere else, but a good site about the winter war, in English, enjoy.

http://www.mil.fi/perustietoa/talvisota_eng

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!