StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 30 Dec 11, 20:50
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
Modern Warfare 3

It's the weakest one in the Trilogy (best belongs to 2), but still very playable. I hate how the story kills people off that you get attached to. And I disliked the beginning in New York. But Price is a freaking Cyborg!
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 02 Jan 12, 16:16
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200]
May i ask why 2nd is the best? or why the 2nd is even at all good? It is because of the 2nd I am not willing to pay money for the 3rd.

The 1st was a revolutionary thing, taking the FPS market out of WW2 and into something new. and it had a great story with it.

2nd and the 3rd relied on flashy gimmicks and scenes.

the 2nd story mode looks like it was written by grade-schoolers as there is not much even theoretical plausibility in the story at all. I apologize but I am an 'avid hater' of the 2nd. Multiplayer was allright if you didn't mind the Noobtubes and quickscopers.

Old 03 Jan 12, 13:48
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600] Naffenea is simply cracking [600]
I ignore the huge plot holes, impossible timelines and try to skip the parts in America. And wholeheartedly the story was stupid. For me it's not the story that I'm interested in so much as the game play. I still need to get out #1 and replay it. #3 had too much leaping. #2 seemed to have the right mix.
Old 03 Jan 12, 15:10
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
MWI started off well but by MWII's end I was treating it more of a joke game, because of the absurd story wherein Russia invades the US, just like that. Though I thought some of the level designs through the American suburbs and the diner area were fresh and interesting. Haven't bothered with the third one, as the plot just seems to be a poor man's Clancy at best. I usually don't wholly rely on reviews but MWIII I've read about and will probably miss out.

Edit: I found Black Ops more of a fresh game than MWII, perhaps because of the change of setting, even the absurd plot was quite enjoyable for some reason Nazi super weapons developed in the arctic and nicked by Russians at the end of WWII and then a sub-surface sea base were easier to digest than the US being invaded by Russia just done with a civil war. I hear that in No 3 the entirety of Europe gets invaded (By Russia, just finished invading the US after a Russian civil war) in a matter of hours. All of a sudden. It's geographically absurd long before it's even militarily absurd.

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Last edited by Selous; 03 Jan 12 at 15:14..
Old 04 Jan 12, 00:43
General of the Forums
United_States

In 3 they actually follow more of a plausible timeline. The entire game covers about 6 months or so. If anything, it makes me want to replay 1 even more.
Old 04 Jan 12, 05:54
ACG Forums - General Staff
England

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
That's a good thing, MWI was a solid game. Has anyone played the new Battlefield? how does it compare?

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Old 04 Jan 12, 11:40
Corporal
United_States

Lionheart is on the path to success [1-99]
My biggest problem is somehow even if god himself makes the russian fleet invisible to america. where to they go. They pass, Britian,France, Italy, Germany, Poland, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Japan, South Korea, China, how, And what the hell are the Russians even aiming for. in invading America.
Old 04 Jan 12, 12:51
General of the Forums
United_States

They want to punish America for 1 deep covert operative citizen involved in killing Russian civilians (regardless if you actually killed any or not).
Old 04 Jan 12, 13:03
Colonel
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200] Jay217 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selous View Post
That's a good thing, MWI was a solid game. Has anyone played the new Battlefield? how does it compare?
The story was short. it was like Black ops where you kept going back in time in the main characters mind until the last mission. overall it was alright nothing special. Not a whole lot of grit of glamor but mostly solid.
Old 21 Jan 12, 21:34
Colonel
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyo View Post
MW 3 is all time favorite game because this has game extreme war and it is my routine to play this game and i suggest this to my friends and also to my forum friends.It has extreme war in this game.
umm what exactly is extreme war?

Old 21 Jan 12, 22:27
General of the Forums
United_States

I don't know. And FPS's aren't exactly the same genre as TD.

Having said that, I enjoy tower defense.
Old 22 Jan 12, 22:15
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I didn't know anyone actually played MW3 for the campaign. I did the campaign just to get familiar with the weapons, and the areas which will be used in the multiplayer maps.
Old 04 Jun 13, 10:26
Sergeant Major
United_States

BCap is on the path to success [1-99] BCap is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
My biggest problem is somehow even if god himself makes the russian fleet invisible to america. where to they go. They pass, Britian,France, Italy, Germany, Poland, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Japan, South Korea, China, how, And what the hell are the Russians even aiming for. in invading America.
MW2 (which I played and loved) and MW3 (which I have yet to play) are like Homefront and the remake of Red Dawn (as well as the original Red Dawn, at least to a certain extent) - they are FANTASY, sort of like movies with ogres and wizards and what-have-you. The Russian Navy and Air Force was able to go by all of these countries without being wiped out because a) all these countries were wielding the "Orb of Confusion" and/or b) IT'S NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE EVEN REMOTELY REALISTIC! It's over-the-top, in a way. The original Red Dawn was at least a little teensy bit realistic-ish - the invaders made a very limited nuclear strike at a few certain targets, then launched a full-scale invasion (which became bogged down rather quickly due to the reaction of American military units). Red Dawn also did a reasonable job of showing how effective guerrilla units can be against large armies - and just how vulnerable they are in return (seriously, the ending to the original was downright depressing).
Old 06 Jun 13, 07:55
Banned
Turkey

Omar has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
anyone online ???

mw3 bo 2 ??
Old 13 Jun 13, 21:17
Colonel
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200] globetrotter is walking in the light [200]

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!