HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > History Library > Alternate Timelines > Alternate Timelines - Wargaming

Notices and Announcements

Alternate Timelines - Wargaming Historical Conflict Simulations of the Armchair General Community

Old 24 Feb 12, 03:53
General of the Forums
New_Zealand
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last bullet View Post
Hello My Lords: I am replacing the last lord of the Kingdom of Hannover
I go by the name- see on the bottom
Grand Duke Lothair of the Kingdom of Hannover
The Duke is dead, Long Live the Duke. Hurrah!

Welcome aboard, your Grace.
Old 24 Feb 12, 10:24
Colonel
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Welcome!

Gryphon, perhaps I should point out that you abused the truce to withdraw the shattered remains of your army from the battlefield, attempting to change the result ordained by God with trickery of your own. Ludwig simply chose to fight fire with fire.

Last edited by Anacreon; 24 Feb 12 at 10:41..
Old 24 Feb 12, 19:37
Gunnery Sergeant
Australia

gryphon is on the path to success [1-99] gryphon is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacreon View Post
Gryphon, perhaps I should point out that you abused the truce to withdraw the shattered remains of your army from the battlefield, attempting to change the result ordained by God with trickery of your own. Ludwig simply chose to fight fire with fire.
Hardly. The battle was over. The result would have been decided by honourable single combat, which you accepted. My armies disposition no longer had a bearing on the affair, as you would know if you had any honour.
Old 25 Feb 12, 00:01
First Lieutenant
United_States

The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Welcome aboard!
Glad your here, I've been afraid that this game would degenerate into a pig-pile on Hanover, yawn... Good to hear the big place is no longer comatose.
Care to join in on our Crusade against the Vikings?
My Lord: I would be honored to teach the pagan Norsemen a lesson to stop their attacks on their peace-loving brethren. Beside my lord its been getting a bit dull around here lately.

Last edited by The last bullet; 25 Feb 12 at 00:09..
Old 25 Feb 12, 03:36
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Khryses has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last bullet View Post
My Lord: I would be honored to teach the pagan Norsemen a lesson to stop their attacks on their peace-loving brethren. Beside my lord its been getting a bit dull around here lately.
Better idea, why nor ally with the peaceloving Norse in the War of German Aggression?

You'll lose less men...
Old 27 Feb 12, 17:50
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100]
TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100]
I'm going to post up the earliest happenings of the turn. Not all of your turn 3 information has been processed, and for those with tactical resolutions, this is going to be a right interesting turn:

Herbert Ganselblumchen -

And so as the summer days began to shorten, a flotilla of longships, Norsemen all, did sail from their base towards Kristiansand, to make war upon the crusaders. About that same time did a fleet of Norman and German ships sail from Kristiansand, with hundreds of cavalry occupying the shore alongside them, in an effort to bring the Viking lord to battle.

And it was, only a few hours after the mists of dawn had arisen, that keen eyes on either side did see the other's ships, and the fleets were bearing down upon one another near that land called Mandal. And the horse soldiers did watch from the shore.

Wolfgang Saxwell -

With my own eyes I watch the army of Holstein, led by a man for whom honor is a somewhat variable concept, march quickly on the heels of the battle, and reach the city of Lubeck, trapping the defenders inside by land. A party of men did approach the city, and leave as quickly as they came...were they possible hired mercenaries for the Duke?

Lt. Dan, Company XO and sometimes Armored Car commander.
Old 27 Feb 12, 17:55
Colonel
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100] Anacreon has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
a man for whom honor is a somewhat variable concept
I prefer the term negotiable.
Old 27 Feb 12, 22:01
First Lieutenant
United_States

The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99] The last bullet is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacCovert4 View Post
[/I]

Wolfgang Saxwell -

With my own eyes I watch the army of Holstein, led by a man for whom honor is a somewhat variable concept, march quickly on the heels of the battle, and reach the city of Lubeck, trapping the defenders inside by land. A party of men did approach the city, and leave as quickly as they came...were they possible hired mercenaries for the Duke?
They weren't my men. My army wasn't even in the vincinity.
Old 27 Feb 12, 22:58
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100]
TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100] TacCovert4 is a pillar of the community [1100]
Holstein, not Hannover. Your men are safely within your borders.....those men that were seen are unknown to anyone outside the walls.

Lt. Dan, Company XO and sometimes Armored Car commander.
Old 27 Feb 12, 23:12
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gonna be an exciting July, no doubt about it.

Take your time resolving this one, I'm bushed and will be gone most of next week, from the 5th to about the 9th.

"There is no Ebola Train wreck."- Combat Engineer .
Sponsored Links

Old 28 Feb 12, 02:16
General of the Forums
New_Zealand

broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] broderickwells has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
My MA starts seriously from this week - I'm going to lose most of free time to visits to military archives and the University library. But I'll persist.
Old 28 Feb 12, 03:31
Lieutenant General
Australia
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

My Postgrad starts seriously from this week... but I'll keep one eye on the military mayhem plaguing my homeland.
Old 02 Mar 12, 22:32
General
Pirate
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Battle of Lubeck

Luther Koing- Koingerdammerung

... Thus did I arrive on the Outskirts of lubeck, the Port of the North, Star of the Baltic, The City of Silver. I besaw great perpetrations for the trials ahead going on inside the city. Then did I see the Host of Holstein Marching toward the city, and they did stretch from horizon to horizon, the innocents of Lubeck did then, unbidden, flee in masses, clambering over the walls, and swimming with their few possessions clutched to their breasts. They Fled to Mecklenburg, and the Estates to the south.

For one score days the Men of Holstein did besiege the city, launching isolated, and unsuccessful raids, while their Archers did harry the Men of Lubeck, who replied in turn, mighty crossbows wreaking havoc among their ranks.

I was awoken on the 11th night of the siege, it seemed that the battle had begun, I saw flaming brands being launched toward the city, the men inside the city were knocking down buildings to make fire-breaks, to ensure they fires did not spread. the cloth tied around arrows impeded their flight, and the hastily awoken archers of Lubeck, safe behind their walls, did unleash a terrible punishment on their illuminated foe. It would seem that the engineers of Holstein had miscalculated, for the flaming brands from their ballistae fell short, several impaling their own men, before their aim was recalculated. The Firebreaks made by the men of Lubeck ensured the the flames did not spread. Soon, Braziers were extinguished and the men of Lubeck awaited, anxiously, the assault. Arrows began to fly at the walls in dark masses, realising that they had no hope of replying to such a barrage the Defenders of Lubeck did crouch and cower, and I did not espie them thereafter.

Then, with a mighty roar mayhap heard in Ppain, the Host of Holstein did surge forward and lay down their ladders. they leapt up the walls, while covered by their archers below. Then I did see them looking about, atop the wall, for no enemy awaited them. They then did hear a mighty twang, and arrows flew from beyond the burning outer districts, taking out hundreds of the silhouettes standing on the walls, Enraged they opened the gates wide and the Men of Holstein surged forward, all the while being picked off by bolts and arrows.

I then did espie commotion at the Southern gate, a clandestine force did seemeth to be attempting to force the opening, but were swamped by a force of fleeing men, Noticing the banners as that of the Militas and Recent Recruits of Lubeck. Numbers and suprise were on the Milita's side, and their anger at what their city had been reduced to gave them strength, they managed to force the men facing them aside, and flee into the Kings Reserve (small forest) to the south. Though I know not their motives, it would seem they were attempting to gain amnesty in Mecklenburg.

The men of Holstein grew increasingly outraged the men of Lubeck used the smoke that wreathed their city, and it's maze of streets that they knew so well, to confound their enemies, slowly pulling back to the Harbour. Then a massive wall of flame did arise, encircling the port district, and i did spy the remaining banners of Lubeck embarking the Boats theirin. Seeing that his foe was escpaing, the King of Hosltein called for his men to extinguish the flames that wreathed the city. Lubeck was now his, and though from my seat on the Hill his losses looked horrific, I could now see that not many had fallen. The city was also largely undamaged, I estimated, from my position, that it would only be a year before Lubeck was once more Star of the Baltic, rather than this wreck that sat before me.

I went down to investigate the Field of battle, and came across the King just as he been goven the Defenders last message, i learned that a near on unknown lord, Lord Karlington, had led the defence. Before he embarked, he had cut off his own left ear and put it with a note that read "I Pledge, by the name of all that is holy, by the name of the True Duke of Lubeck, By all the sons to Lubeck that I will return". By Leaving his ear he made it known that his oath was one most binding, and should he die 'fore completing it Oblivion would await his soul...
Old 03 Mar 12, 12:15
Colonel
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashy View Post
I then did espie commotion at the Southern gate, a clandestine force did seemeth to be attempting to force the opening, but were swamped by a force of fleeing men.
Wait. How many were fleeing? Sounds like a lot...

Quote:
I learned that a near on unknown lord, Lord Karlington, had led the defence.
Looks like the 'honourable' Duke of Lubeck was on the first ship out.

Quote:
Before he embarked, he had cut off his own left ear and put it with a note that read "I Pledge, by the name of all that is holy, by the name of the True Duke of Lubeck, By all the sons to Lubeck that I will return". By Leaving his ear he made it known that his oath was one most binding, and should he die 'fore completing it Oblivion would await his soul...[/I]
Be warned that I now have the urge to make a load of ear related puns.
Old 03 Mar 12, 12:20
General of the Forums
United_States
CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Hey, we're back in business!

Hmm... I won't be around for a week, at all, starting tomorrow night. Should be back Friday, so I hope I won't have to make any momentous decisions too soon.

Thanks for not letting this game fade away!

"There is no Ebola Train wreck."- Combat Engineer .

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!