HistoryNet.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central Discussion of current and exclusive political nature takes place here. .

View Poll Results: Marijuana Legalization- yes/no?
Yes, I want more pot!!! 9 9.00%
Yes, but it needs to be regulated a bit and taxed 38 38.00%
Yes, but it needs to be strictly regulated and heavily taxed 28 28.00%
I really don't care 4 4.00%
I don't think it should be, but it might help the economy 2 2.00%
No, it's a dangerous drug and should be kept illegal 10 10.00%
Absolutely not! It's an abomination to mankind 9 9.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Nov 11, 23:26
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by philiplaos View Post
Dude?

Calm down my friend. (Or perhaps I should say, "Chill out, dude.")

If my statement is "the most woefully ignorant statement you've ever heard in your entire life" then provide the names and medical details of deaths directly linked to to marijuana.

[/I]
Read more: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/
Oh well of course, but you're taking it far too literally/basically. Sure if everyone who did weed crawled into a basement and did it alone with no harm to do, that's one thing. But they don't; they go out and drive, shoot people, stab themselves, rape people, and commit other unspeakable acts of violence.

I'm from the third world my friend, I know what people have done under the influence of drugs. I've seen my friends do horrible things because of impairment... firsthand.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:27
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post

Didn't say there were no health risks. But the fact of the matter is it's not killing off people like Cigarettes are. Plus, if the government regulated it then health risks would be minimized because they could ensure it's not too strong.
No but the effects of it are causing impairment which in turn ARE killing off people.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:28
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington95 View Post
Oh well of course, but you're taking it far too literally/basically. Sure if everyone who did weed crawled into a basement and did it alone with no harm to do, that's one thing. But they don't; they go out and drive, shoot people, stab themselves, rape people, and commit other unspeakable acts of violence.

I'm from the third world my friend, I know what people have done under the influence of drugs. I've seen my friends do horrible things because of impairment... firsthand.
There's not much evidence that suggests marijuana makes those people do those things. Anyone who watchs COPS will find that the people who commit those crimes also like drugs too, but there's not a lot of concrete evidence to suggest that weed makes then commit those criminal acts.

I've known a lot of pot heads too, and they weren't violent at all. They just sat on their fat asses and played CoD while eating Cheetos.
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:29
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Quote:
There's not much evidence that suggests marijuana makes those people do those things. Anyone who watchs COPS will find that the people who commit those crimes also like drugs too, but there's not a lot of concrete evidence to suggest that weed makes then commit those criminal acts.

I've known a lot of pot heads too, and they weren't violent at all. They just sat on their fat asses and played CoD while eating Cheetos.
Did you even read the articles I presented; they prove exactly the links between criminal activity and the impairment caused by marijuana...

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:29
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] llkinak has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:

Damn, what kind of weed are they smoking where you come from?
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:30
General of the Forums
Canada

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
No but the effects of it are causing impairment which in turn ARE killing off people.
True, but Alcohol is far more efficient at that. Do you have any facts regarding how many car crashed are caused by Marijuana DUI?
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:30
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

This is awesome! I've never had such a large response to a thread since my 2012 election poll :P

Thanks guys

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:31
General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is simply cracking [600]
Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Hmmm and yet somehow you can hardly find teens these days who don't drink...
That's not a regulation issue, that's a parenting issue. I didn't go out and get drunk when I was a teen, and I grew up in a boring town I was raised to understand and respect alcohol.

Mind you we can't go and buy beer at the 7-11 up here either. We have privatized liquor stores up here and that's all they sell. You can't get booze at Wal-Mart or anywhere but Liquor or Beer and Wine stores, and the enforcement policy and punishment for failing in it are the same... maybe there's something to think about is how lax is the alcohol policy? I'm not throwing stones or anything.
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:32
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Quote:
True, but Alcohol is far more efficient at that. Do you have any facts regarding how many car crashed are caused by Marijuana DUI?
Can you just please read my articles. If you want more I'll gladly provide them, but read those ones first. They should have what you're looking for

And so what if alcohol is worse? Should we go with the lesser of two evils- no! We should knock them both out, but as we failed to do so with alcohol, we must not make the same mistake with Marijuana.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:34
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthwys View Post
That's not a regulation issue, that's a parenting issue. I didn't go out and get drunk when I was a teen, and I grew up in a boring town I was raised to understand and respect alcohol.

Mind you we can't go and buy beer at the 7-11 up here either. We have privatized liquor stores up here and that's all they sell. You can't get booze at Wal-Mart or anywhere but Liquor or Beer and Wine stores, and the enforcement policy and punishment for failing in it are the same... maybe there's something to think about is how lax is the alcohol policy? I'm not throwing stones or anything.
Oh dear, well I applaud your optimism.

However the reality is far different. Teens nationwide in almost every school are (in large quantities) getting high and drunk on a consistent basis. I remember my first year of high school when I walked into the bathroom and was greeted with the fresh smell of pot

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Sponsored Links

Old 10 Nov 11, 23:35
Lord Of The English Manor
UK
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+] PhilipLaos has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Sure if everyone who did weed crawled into a basement and did it alone with no harm to do, that's one thing. But they don't; they go out and drive, shoot people, stab themselves, rape people, and commit other unspeakable acts of violence.
I think you're confusing marijuana with some other drugs.

I smoked the stuff over a 30 year period in 7 countries with all kinds of people. Thousands in total. And I can tell you that the last thing I or any of my pothead friends would have been inclined to do is go out and shoot, stab and rape.

It's not that kind of drug.

In fact, I could posit that marijuana use has likely saved countless lives by calming down and mellowing out thousands of individuals who would otherwise be quite likely to go out and shoot, stab and rape.

Instead, they're far more likely to lay back and listen to some Floyd.

Peace and Love, man.

Philip
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:37
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiplaos View Post
I think you're confusing marijuana with some other drugs.

I smoked the stuff over a 30 year period in 7 countries with all kinds of people. Thousands in total. And I can tell you that the last thing I or any of my pothead friends would have been inclined to do is go out and shoot, stab and rape.

It's not that kind of drug.

In fact, I could posit that marijuana use has likely saved countless lives by calming down and mellowing out thousands of individuals who would otherwise be quite likely to go out and shoot, stab and rape.

Instead, they're far more likely to lay back and listen to some Floyd.

Philip
Tell that to the man I saw with his brains blown out on the side of the street, whom I happened to stumble upon in San Juan six years ago. The man who shot him...under the influence of Marijuana. That was not the first time I've seen that kind of thing.

It depends on where you go as well I suppose as you and I are from entirely different parts of the globe.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:38
General
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is simply cracking [600]
Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600] Arthwys is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Oh well of course, but you're taking it far too literally/basically. Sure if everyone who did weed crawled into a basement and did it alone with no harm to do, that's one thing. But they don't; they go out and drive, shoot people, stab themselves, rape people, and commit other unspeakable acts of violence...
Ok then, there's your Reefer Madness moment...

I've been living in the grass culture for much of my life and I have Never, Ever seen people high on grass do any of those things. You should do some actual research into the plant Wellington. It's pretty indicative from your posts on this that you haven't done the research. An example of that is you didn't know Cannabis, the proper name for it before you were told on this thread?
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:38
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500]
johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500] johns624 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
No I don't think they are inherently conservative, but it's just from what I've noticed recently.

In regards to health risk: here's some research for ya (I encourage you to read every article):

Go to these sites for just an inkling of the whole story.

http://www.theantidrug.com/drug-info...marijuana.aspx

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/n...atal-car-crash

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/evidenc.../Health_1.html

http://www.ukcia.org/research/CarCrashInjury.pdf
(This one is especially good.)

In 2002, nearly 120,000 people were admitted to emergency rooms suffering from marijuana-related problems, an increase of more than 139 percent since 1995.

There's your research for ya. Happy reading!
I don't need to read no stinkin' articles. I did my own personal testing when I was in my teens and early twenties.
Old 10 Nov 11, 23:40
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthwys View Post
Ok then, there's your Reefer Madness moment...

I've been living in the grass culture for much of my life and I have Never, Ever seen people high on grass do any of those things. You should do some actual research into the plant Wellington. It's pretty indicative from your posts on this that you haven't done the research. An example of that is you didn't know Cannabis, the proper name for it before you were told on this thread?
Well the thing is I have seen them Arthwys, firsthand. I've seen a man killed. My friend's sister was raped by a pothead, and our car was stolen by drug traffickers one time (although that one is unrelated).

And yeah I messed up on the Cannabis. Am I not entitled to one mistake especially when I am taking the time to respond to every single post on this thread because I am so passionate about it? Give me a break man...take a chill and smoke some pot.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!