StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Real Time Strategy Games

Notices and Announcements

Real Time Strategy Games Discussion of all strategy games that use a Real-Time system, from the typical RTS games to the hardcore wargames.

Old 23 Oct 11, 23:45
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99]
Question Empire Earth III?

I was a big fan of the Empire Earth series and after much procrastination I wanted to check out and play EEIII, which has been out for nearly 2 years.

However, after reading many reviews of the game it seems it got rather poor marks overall. One game magazine only gave it a 3 out of 10 rating not good at all.

I was wondering if anyone here has played Empire Earth III and if so how was it? And was it really as bad as it's been made it to be?
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 24 Oct 11, 15:57
Recruit
United_States

KVASEY is a balanced individual [0]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
I was a big fan of the Empire Earth series and after much procrastination I wanted to check out and play EEIII, which has been out for nearly 2 years.

However, after reading many reviews of the game it seems it got rather poor marks overall. One game magazine only gave it a 3 out of 10 rating not good at all.

I was wondering if anyone here has played Empire Earth III and if so how was it? And was it really as bad as it's been made it to be?
I liked the original and love EEII which I still play a lot. But, I hated EEIII. The gameplay is so different from the earlier games that it doesn't deserve it's title. What a shame that it destroyed the series.
Old 25 Oct 11, 00:26
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99] Kevin23 is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVASEY View Post
I liked the original and love EEII which I still play a lot. But, I hated EEIII. The gameplay is so different from the earlier games that it doesn't deserve it's title. What a shame that it destroyed the series.
KVASEY,

I've heard that from alot of people, but how is it a bad game?
Old 25 Oct 11, 08:28
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
I loved EEI but didn't like EEII so much, maybe I wasn't doing it right but I found the options in units and playable countries restrictive, I couldn't use triggers so easily, etc. I never got to play EEIII though, so I'll be interested to see what this thread turns up.

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Old 25 Oct 11, 21:32
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
I played the original EE and loved it, and I was considering getting EE3, but when I did some research I saw that there are only three factions? What's up with that?? A little too limited for my taste; something the graphics (which aren't great anyways) and the gameplay really can't make up for...

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"
Old 25 Oct 11, 22:59
Captain
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellington95 View Post
I played the original EE and loved it, and I was considering getting EE3, but when I did some research I saw that there are only three factions? What's up with that?? A little too limited for my taste; something the graphics (which aren't great anyways) and the gameplay really can't make up for...
Yes I found that strange also, however when I watched the game development video by the studio that made EEIII, it said that the civilizations change dramatically within regions. For instance, civilizations, cultures, tech, etc, differs between say France and Russia. "And that the civilizations represented are much more numerous then in previous games". However, this is just what I've heard and I haven't played the game yet.
Old 25 Oct 11, 23:18
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300] Wellington95 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
Yes I found that strange also, however when I watched the game development video by the studio that made EEIII, it said that the civilizations change dramatically within regions. For instance, civilizations, cultures, tech, etc, differs between say France and Russia. "And that the civilizations represented are much more numerous then in previous games". However, this is just what I've heard and I haven't played the game yet.
Ah well I'll look into it, because I really really liked the first one, so...

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"
Old 30 Oct 12, 15:09
Private
United_States

yaletron is a balanced individual [0]
that's too bad
Old 13 May 13, 16:34
Private
Turkey

dargman69 is a balanced individual [0]
that's too bad

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!