StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 14 Jun 12, 00:05
Colonel
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100] FTCS has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Guess Console Gaming has no age restrictions. I will be 70 years young in a couple of weeks and enjoy my XBox. Have all of the Halo games and can't wait for the new one. Have all but the latest Mass Effect (will purchase 3 when the price comes down....I'm frugal). Also included in my collection are:
Gears of War Triple Pack
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty World at War
Skyrim
Oblivion

My favorite's are the Halo series.
Old 14 Jun 12, 16:54
Sergeant
Germany

mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99] mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99] mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99]
Just started playing Hearts of Iron 2/Arsenal of Democracy again.

On the PS3 I'm currently playing Battlefield 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and FIFA 12.
Old 15 Jun 12, 10:51
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
InFamous.

Was playing Oblivion and GTA IV but needed a break from those.

Homer

BoRG
Old 15 Jun 12, 10:53
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Not a console game but currently playing (and winning) a Play by Email game of this as the Union:

http://www.hpssims.com/pages/product...enninsula.html

Homer

BoRG
Old 15 Jun 12, 11:58
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
InFamous.

Was playing Oblivion and GTA IV but needed a break from those.
I saw you're playing Infamous. I tried to get into that game, but it was too sci-fi for my taste.

Have played GTA IV online yet? That was my first PS3 game, and it still gets played around here...
"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 15 Jun 12, 17:43
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpitsch View Post
Battlefield 3, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
What's your take on these two? I want both. I budgeted enough for one game this summer, but...I know I'd have enough to buy them/two. I've been playing and have played a lot of Bad Company 2, and have beat Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 a couple times, if that helps you any

--Hávamál
Old 15 Jun 12, 19:30
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
What's your take on these two? I want both. I budgeted enough for one game this summer, but...I know I'd have enough to buy them/two. I've been playing and have played a lot of Bad Company 2, and have beat Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 a couple times, if that helps you any
Blow your budget on Call of Duty. Playing games from 5 years ago doesn't improve your skills.

And Bad Company is awful from a technical standpoint...
"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 16 Jun 12, 04:43
Sergeant
Germany

mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99] mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99] mpitsch is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
I really enjoy playing BF3 and Future soldier is a fun game to play as well, although there is not much left of the original ghost recon.
I rate games on their multiplayer as that's the game mode I play the most if you ask me what the better multiplayer is I'd say BF3. More players, level ups are motivating, huge maps, vehicles, etc.
Ghost Recon has a pretty decent single player but its multiplayer is not for everyone. I don't like the whole cover system. The opponent can hide behind a wall and see you because it's third person. That's kinda frustrating. One huge plus for GR: it has multiplayer modes that pretty much force teamplay.
Old 21 Jun 12, 09:10
Brigadier General
United_States

McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300]
Just finished Max Payne 3 and are messing around with Assassin’s Creed Revelations MP.
Old 21 Jun 12, 10:49
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMax View Post
Just finished Max Payne 3 and are messing around with Assassin’s Creed Revelations MP.
How's that multiplayer? I'm getting Revelations from Gamefly pretty soon...

BoRG
Sponsored Links

Old 22 Jun 12, 18:07
Brigadier General
United_States

McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300] McMax is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mann III View Post
How's that multiplayer? I'm getting Revelations from Gamefly pretty soon...

I have to admit that I’m not a big fan of multiplayer in general; I would wish that the effort and disk space was used for more single player stuff. But it can be fun as you play you get up grades and they are both solo and team missions.
Old 23 Jun 12, 18:13
Corporal
United_States

Game On has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMax View Post
What are your thoughts on MP3?
Old 23 Jun 12, 19:08
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpitsch View Post
I really enjoy playing BF3 and Future soldier is a fun game to play as well, although there is not much left of the original ghost recon.
I rate games on their multiplayer as that's the game mode I play the most if you ask me what the better multiplayer is I'd say BF3. More players, level ups are motivating, huge maps, vehicles, etc.
Ghost Recon has a pretty decent single player but its multiplayer is not for everyone. I don't like the whole cover system. The opponent can hide behind a wall and see you because it's third person. That's kinda frustrating. One huge plus for GR: it has multiplayer modes that pretty much force teamplay.
Thanks much mate! I'll get BF3, and my friend said he'll let me borrow Future Soldier! So it's looking up. I know later in the year I want to get Assassin's Creed III.

--Hávamál
Old 11 Jul 12, 03:16
General
United_States

Started Red Dead Redemption a few days ago. I've had it two years but couldn't get into it till now.

Great game.

Hopefully there will be another game in the series.

Homer

BoRG
Old 11 Jul 12, 03:17
General
United_States

Also been playing InFamous and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Homer

BoRG

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!