StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 29 Feb 12, 17:48
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
Tried Skyrim yesterday evening. I got through the first few quests. This one could suck your life away.
Oh definitely...Skyrim certainly is a great game. And that's coming from me, one who's NEVER given credit to any fantasy game ever, previously.

Well yeah I've been playing Skyrim lately. Was playing MW2 a fair deal before that though. I have MW3 but the disk won't read and I was only able to play it once. This is on my Xbox.

On my computer I'm playing World of Tanks, although I was playing Medieval II Total War and Command and Conquer Generals (Zero Hour) somewhat recently.

--Hávamál
Old 29 Feb 12, 22:46
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Blackcloud6 is on the path to success [1-99] Blackcloud6 is on the path to success [1-99] Blackcloud6 is on the path to success [1-99] Blackcloud6 is on the path to success [1-99] Blackcloud6 is on the path to success [1-99] Blackcloud6 is on the path to success [1-99]
I got a new HD TV and played BF 3 the single player campaign tonight.

Refighting World War II - One hex at a time!

Last edited by Blackcloud6; 29 Feb 12 at 23:34..
Old 01 Mar 12, 00:15
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterZero View Post
Modern Warfare 2 and Killzone 2! On PS3.
Why such old games?
"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 08 Mar 12, 12:34
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+] MonsterZero has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mann III View Post
Why such old games?
Ugh....because they're cheap and nobody wants them.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
--Frederick II, King of Prussia
Old 09 Mar 12, 07:07
ACG Forums - General Staff
England
Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900] Selous has earned the respect of all [900]
I got Killzone 2 and 3 the other month and couldn't get into 2, haven't even played 3 yet :/ - but I really liked Killzone 1, back in the day.

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules
Sponsored Links

Old 09 Mar 12, 11:38
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Mass Effect 3.

Great game!

Homer

BoRG
Old 12 Mar 12, 14:12
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterZero View Post
Ugh....because they're cheap and nobody wants them.
I highly recommend a Gamefly account. It's cheap, and they always have everything.

And they sell games for cheap, cheaper if you're a member for a little while.

I rent the new stuff from Gamefly, and when it gets cheaper I buy it used Gamestop. The only downside is having to buy the occasional online access code.
"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 12 Mar 12, 15:30
Private
UK

Hunter66 is on the path to success [1-99]
Im carving my way through Space Marine at the moment, thoroughly recommend it if you can get it cheap (bought mine for about 12 quid). Its no great bit of gaming but there is something satisfying about watching Titus crush an Ork skull beneath his boot.
Old 12 Mar 12, 16:42
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Been levelling up my fun thief/assassin character in Skyrim. I also started an Orc Berserker/shock trooper and followed the Stormcloak out of Helgen so I could get the light armor (I like the looks of the Stormcloak armor), and got a Steel Battleaxe in Riverwood, then went to Windhelm and joined the Stormcloaks.

My/Berserkers are based around light armor and heavy weaponry, so that's what I have. Not putting much into other skills except light armor and two handed, although I do carry a bow so I can hopefully soften up enemies before charging in and thrashing them with an axe.

--Hávamál
Old 12 Mar 12, 18:34
General
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Dashy is simply cracking [600]
Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600] Dashy is simply cracking [600]
A strange cocktail of old and new. Currently Majesty 2
Old 19 Mar 12, 07:22
Colonel
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200] Dogsbody67 is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain General View Post
Mass Effect 3.

Great game!
Great game.... right up until the end.

An awful conclusion to anotherwise brilliant series.

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.
Old 22 Mar 12, 09:56
Private
United_States

Elk is on the path to success [1-99]
Call of Duty and Sonic's ultimate genisis. (A game that has 32 sega games to play.) I have 2 hunting games but i'm not currently playing them.
Old 23 Mar 12, 14:46
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

slick24 is simply cracking [600]
slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600] slick24 is simply cracking [600]
the new call of duty and NHL hockey, ncaa football, some oblivion and marvel alliance with my kid
Old 18 May 12, 00:25
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600] SRV Ron is simply cracking [600]
The old FPS Painkiller. On the Windows 7 computer, all the effects that couldn't be used when it came out are now supported. Ground fog, clouds, moving fog in the cemetery, etc... all in glorious 1680x1050.

BTY, the default weapon, the Painkiller in alternate mode, is extremely effective on hoards of the more basic enemies where you can get them coming to you and quickly pick them off before they have a chance to strike back.

You still need to know the puzzles to solve such as the Vampire that cannot be killed until you knock a hole in the ceiling to let the sun shine in and bait him to walk the plank over the fire pit.

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Old 21 May 12, 23:07
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II SPQR Campaign 

Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800] Captain General gives and gets respect [800]
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition).

Homer

BoRG
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!