StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Console Gaming

Notices and Announcements

Console Gaming One stop for all your console related discussions!

Old 06 Apr 15, 05:20
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Just picked up an Xbox One. I spend most of my time on it playing Forza Horizon 2.

Also playing the Halo collection it came with, starting with the revamped Halo CE. I really suck at playing FPS games with an Xbox controller though.............

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 06 Apr 15, 11:45
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
Just picked up an Xbox One. I spend most of my time on it playing Forza Horizon 2.

Also playing the Halo collection it came with, starting with the revamped Halo CE. I really suck at playing FPS games with an Xbox controller though.............
The Xbox controller is not desirable.
"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG
Old 06 Apr 15, 12:57
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
I played co-op campaign on Halo CE and Halo 2 with my roommate (we also got a ways through Halo 3 but then for some reason stopped) and I/we were blown away by the remastering. My roommate switched it back to the original graphics on Halo 2 for a second on one of the earlier levels during a cutscene, and I was like "holy **** graphics have come far" lol.

--Hávamál
Old 09 Apr 15, 01:15
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
I came back to GTA V after the heists came out. The first week, they were horribly buggy, freezing or lagging out every two to three jobs. Also, the lobby population method was agonizing, taking 10 to 15 minutes to fill, assuming people didn't up and quit before you could get four.

It seems better now and I've enjoyed the scenarios, a mix or recon, stealth, air and sea assault, flying and boating. I'm a very methodical player though, snipe, fire and maneuver, fix and flank, then assault. Many of the randoms favor the charge of the light brigade tactic or the WWI over the top method of inflicting friendly casualties. I would often find a fine VP for sniping, start my area scan, and have the mission fail as the team charged, screaming banzai, into an MG nest.

The final heist is a doozy. I've tried over 25 times without success. I'm trying to change my costume each time just for luck now from bikini to mini skirt to just stockings.
Old 09 Apr 15, 01:21
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon SPQR Campaign 

Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800] Kendoka Girl gives and gets respect [800]
I just downloaded CoD AW on the advice of a friend. He thought the co op missions would be good. I've enjoyed the story, which is shallow, but fun and action packed. My gamer chick brain had to fill in a love triangle between Jack, Gideon, and Ilona.

To me, the co op is lame, merely repeating the endless wave survival. The zombies are a little more interesting with Bill Paxton, John Malkovich, Rose McGowan, and red shirt dude as cast. I wish there was a difficulty setting though because I want to finish it without spending most of my day playing it over and over to finish the wave.
Old 09 Apr 15, 10:11
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700] dgfred is a glorious beacon of light [700]
You don't get thru with just stockings on?
Old 09 Apr 15, 13:04
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign SPQR Campaign 

Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Paul Mann III has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
I came back to GTA V after the heists came out. The first week, they were horribly buggy, freezing or lagging out every two to three jobs. Also, the lobby population method was agonizing, taking 10 to 15 minutes to fill, assuming people didn't up and quit before you could get four.

It seems better now and I've enjoyed the scenarios, a mix or recon, stealth, air and sea assault, flying and boating. I'm a very methodical player though, snipe, fire and maneuver, fix and flank, then assault. Many of the randoms favor the charge of the light brigade tactic or the WWI over the top method of inflicting friendly casualties. I would often find a fine VP for sniping, start my area scan, and have the mission fail as the team charged, screaming banzai, into an MG nest.

The final heist is a doozy. I've tried over 25 times without success. I'm trying to change my costume each time just for luck now from bikini to mini skirt to just stockings.
At first, with so many trying to download and play, the servers took a beating. And their servers have always been lacking. I had the same troubles during the first week. Thankfully, my group is solid, so we didn't have any lobby dropouts.

We run a pretty tactical group, but we also drink, so at times it does get crazy. But we've run together for long enough that we know each other's strengths and weaknesses. We all have an idea of what job is best for us. We mix it up some, but mostly we take advantage of our diverse skills. I tend to navigate, hack, operate heavy weapons and chopper cannons, and work either point or rear security and crowd control.

The final heist is a tough run, for sure. We've hit it a half-dozen times, but never gotten the full payout. As you esape, any damage taken by money carriers reduces the take. Out of the million, the most we've made was around $650k.
"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Last edited by Paul Mann III; 09 Apr 15 at 13:09..
Old 09 Apr 15, 13:34
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoka Girl View Post

The night or so before St. Patrick's Day I changed my character's outfit to a white shirt with a green vest and black miniskirt and black boots (yes I am running a female character)...unfortunately no luck was drawn from the Irish that day, lol.

--Hávamál
Old 10 Apr 15, 19:26
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mann III View Post
The Xbox controller is not desirable.
I'm getting used to it, and actually kicking ass in Halo.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Old 11 Apr 15, 03:17
General of the Forums
Pirate

Compared to the PS2 controller (don't have a PS3 so I don't know about it's controller), the PS4 one seemed pretty good when I was using my roommate's. However I like the Xbox controller. At least traditionally they were better for bigger hands, I think. Debatable maybe though.

--Hávamál
Sponsored Links

Old 11 Apr 15, 17:43
General of the Forums
United_States

Just picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition on Xbox One.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Old 17 Apr 15, 01:13
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200]
Been trying to install Pillars of Eternity; stupid install bugs kicking me in the rear. Also, Evolve which did work ok and is rather interesting. My kid got a XB1 version and is going nuts over it but then again he's a Gojira nut so it's right up his alley. Anyone like FC4?
Old 24 Apr 15, 02:12
General of the Forums
Pirate

I really like FarCry 4. The setting for instance seems very original. I haven't played a game set in that part of the world before; the scenery is really something, I think. I like how you can use various vehicles. And those mortars' airburst rounds are like weapons porn for me lol.

Just got done with a rewarding session of co-op in Insurgency. It's so rewarding when in a session full of strangers, you can communicate and work effectively together. After each round, or objective well-assaulted, or whatnot I would tell them good job. Given my positive experiences in co-op, I don't know that I ever want to bother with PvP. It just seems like it would create heartbreak and bitching; there's not much to get broken over or moan about with co-op.

--Hávamál
Old 29 Apr 16, 19:14
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100] drivin-fool has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I have picked up my Ace Combat 6 again after letting it sit for a couple years. I finally finished it and restarted on the Hard level. Holy crap that changed everything. I am now on the last mission, and up until the previous mission, I had flown strictly the F-15E, but had to break out the F-22 for that one as you have to clear 4 of 6 sub-missions, then take on the enemy "Ace" along with a hundred or so drones that apparently can move sideways in a instant. Man I wanted to throw the controller through the TV after fighting that mission for about three hours.
Old 02 May 16, 05:24
General of the Forums
United_States

Just downloaded Farcry 4/Farcry Primal bundle. Good stuff.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!