StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Warfare by Other Means > Spy Wars

Notices and Announcements

Spy Wars Reconnaissance, deception and intelligence are all vital aspects of warfare, ancient and modern - discuss these aspects here!

Old 10 Jun 13, 12:07
Colonel
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200] boomer400 is walking in the light [200]
If what leaker Snowden says about having access to ultra-high levels of security is entirely validated and is combined with the fact that there's a huge amount of outsourcing going on in the intelligence agencies (including the military branches), we don't have to worry so much about the "government" alone as much as we have to worry about private functionaries acting on their own. Snowden worked for Booz Allen Hamilton, just one of many commercial outsourced "intelligence" companies; it's no wonder that so many "secrets" of the military are distributed overseas.
Old 11 Aug 13, 04:27
Lieutenant Colonel
UK

Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99] Nickuru is on the path to success [1-99]
Please, rebpreacher, just let the whole issue drop. I have had all kinds of insults flung at me and I just realize that I have to choose a different tack to get my battleship to port. :-)
Old 15 Aug 13, 23:32
Sergeant
United_States

Castle is on the path to success [1-99] Castle is on the path to success [1-99] Castle is on the path to success [1-99]
They only scan for keywords, like "Jill Kelley"
Old 15 Aug 13, 23:54
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds

The National Security Agency has broken privacy rules or overstepped its legal authority thousands of times each year since Congress granted the agency broad new powers in 2008, according to an internal audit and other top-secret documents. Most of the infractions involve unauthorized surveillance of Americans or foreign intelligence targets in the United States, both of which are restricted by statute and executive order. They range from significant violations of law to typographical errors that resulted in unintended interception of U.S. e-mails and telephone calls.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...125_story.html

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 16 Aug 13, 02:01
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
The National Security Agency has broken privacy rules or overstepped its legal authority thousands of times each year since Congress granted the agency broad new powers in 2008, according to an internal audit and other top-secret documents. Most of the infractions involve unauthorized surveillance of Americans or foreign intelligence targets in the United States, both of which are restricted by statute and executive order. They range from significant violations of law to typographical errors that resulted in unintended interception of U.S. e-mails and telephone calls.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...125_story.html
Actually the report is not that bad.
Sponsored Links

Old 16 Aug 13, 02:05
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Bwaha has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Yeah, I've got nothing to hide so I'm not really worried. But I think this may be just the tip of the iceberg...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 16 Aug 13, 16:09
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700] Cheetah772 is a glorious beacon of light [700]
How could you call the report of thousands of privacy infractions by NSA not necessarily a bad thing?

I've nothing to hide from NSA or any other federal agency, but that's not the point. The real point is this: which do you value more, security or liberty?

If you value security more than liberty, then you risk the erosion of your civil liberties over time until you reach the point where you finally realized that you have no freedom left and the Big Brother knows everything about you, including the size of your balls and penis.

Sorry, I like my liberty and I actually believe in preserving the spirit of US Constitution, what NSA is doing right now is killing that spirit.

Terrorists won the war, they got what they wanted, they have us running scared and grabbing our balls to see if they're still there. Nope, the balls aren't there anymore. We don't have balls to stand up to our own government. Now who's laughing all way to the bank, us or terrorists? You decide.
Old 16 Aug 13, 20:14
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah772 View Post
How could you call the report of thousands of privacy infractions by NSA not necessarily a bad thing?

I've nothing to hide from NSA or any other federal agency, but that's not the point. The real point is this: which do you value more, security or liberty?

If you value security more than liberty, then you risk the erosion of your civil liberties over time until you reach the point where you finally realized that you have no freedom left and the Big Brother knows everything about you, including the size of your balls and penis.

Sorry, I like my liberty and I actually believe in preserving the spirit of US Constitution, what NSA is doing right now is killing that spirit.

Terrorists won the war, they got what they wanted, they have us running scared and grabbing our balls to see if they're still there. Nope, the balls aren't there anymore. We don't have balls to stand up to our own government. Now who's laughing all way to the bank, us or terrorists? You decide.
Pretty simple if they are not used against the people no biggie.

They are looking at business records.

It only four mistakes a day with ten thousand people doing the work
People are expected to make mistakes.

And as I always say you should of started complaining twenty years ago when emails and various other things got considered business records. So just so you understand this all started before 9/11
Old 05 Aug 15, 19:58
Banned
Canada

anabelen has a little shameless behaviour in the past [-1 to -99]
Before DIA spy Ana Belen Montes was indicted and convicted, the agency already had confirmed suspicions of her. This led to how DIA tricked Cuban intelligence and Montes for them to kill or compromise the wrong guys, the same Cuban spies who died in the airplane shot down by Cuba and the same Cuban moles in the Nicaraguan or El Salvadorean Army ambushed by FMLN. Before Philby was discovered, SIS also already had confirmed suspicions of him. These can be gleaned on how SIS pitted Philby with '75 rude interrogators' who molested him, so speak. Provocations, in espionage jargon. After Philby escaped to the Soviet Union, he ordered the assassinations of these 75 'rude interrogators' some of whom died. So I therefore conclude that given that Philby was Angleton's 'best friend' and that Angleton was reading the 'corroborating Venona decrypts, he knew that Philby was a Soviet mole. Angleton allowed some giveaways like the compromise of Albanian dissidents so as not to be suspected by Philby, also the same giveaways I gave to a Chinese spy manager named Paul in the workplace to wrongfully terminate the employment of 8 poverty strickened Jews just to know where her leanings are by using them as baits. Aside from Golitsin, Philby was also used as a lead. That was how Angleton deduced that the Soviet division of the CIA was riddled with moles. I had three Chinese moles and 2 Cuban moles as co-workers. After tricking them into confidence by naming them 'children of God', they admitted they were moles. I pretended to be an accomplice. These led to tens and tens of other moles until it reached to hundreds. This was Angleton's intellectual property legacy to me. I am now Chief of Counterintelligence of Philippine Security and Intelligence Service. Compensate him, his wife and children for all the aggravations they had done on him. Build his statue or erect his monument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qj_yzD_nc8

Why people are following this thread. The moles are sensitive to this kind of debate because the 'moles are terribly affected'. "If God is with me who can be against me"- James (Jesus) Angleton.

Last edited by anabelen; 05 Aug 15 at 20:38..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!