StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > Africa

Notices and Announcements

Africa Issues of modern Africa.

Old 19 Feb 12, 06:43
Private First Class
South_Africa

Skukuza is on the path to success [1-99]
The SANDF is an army filled with ex terrorists and crimminals, the country would NEVER be able to hold out in another protracted war like it did back in the good old days, the SANDF lacks the determination of the old SADF and is nothing but a shadow of its former self.
Old 06 Apr 12, 22:18
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

andrewza has a spectacular aura about [400]
Skukuza please change your flag you are disgrace to it. You all ready claim you in exile so why not choose your new home has your nationality because you are not a south african and you disgrace it by claiming to be one. [Post Edited - Please be respectful of other members of the forum. Thank you, ACG Staff.] May you life in interesting times.

Rant over.

Ok some input and info from the inside.

The SANDF is back at the borders since the police did such a great job(sarcasm). They all so brought back some of the units and methods(mounted and bike patrol for example) but in a smaller number.

The SANDF is in a constant state of updating gear. Though its C4I2R abilities are not has good has America they the best in africa. Modernizing is a slow process due to the budget. That is actually a good thing has it shows that we care more about feed the poor than big guns. But it would be nice for a increase to bring us to 2% of GDP.

The state of the SANDF is not has bad has made out. Yes the SADF was better they where at war though and if need be we can get up to that level. We still train has hard may be not has much though. But that is due to lack of cash not lack of will.

We have regular training exercises with foreign nations. Last year there was a large war game with the USMC (exercise shared accord) and the we are a state partner with new york national guard.

The point. Yes the SADF was better. They had a lot more money I mean a lot more. So for what the government pays for they getting a lot of bang for there bucks.

What needs to be improved.

Land. The rattals are good but old the new badger needs to be brought in faster and in larger numbers.

The oilohant MK2 tank is not bad but we can do better. The replacement is needed but it is not a priority.

Rapid deployment is there already with the airborne and air assault battalions this needs to be expanded on.

Air defense. Star streak, 35mm and 23mm guns are not much threat. The umkonto missile is already used by SAN and they are working on a land system. Needs to be brought in to production and deployment fast.

Air force.

Need more helicopters. Of all types but medium transport are the most needed.

Recon. AWACS, MPA, drones extra.

Strategic lift and tactical lift. The C130 fleet is not enough and with the canceled A400M we need to look for something new. A air tanker would be nice to.

A CAS/Light bomber. Hawks and gripens are good but not real mud movers.

Navy(where I work).

Project biro is there witch will bring in 6 IPV's and 3 OPV's. There is talk about increasing that number.
2 combat support ships. One for now the second to replace drakensberg.

A new hydro graphic survey boat.

A LPHD. For rapid deployment and disaster relief.

Last edited by GCoyote; 08 Apr 12 at 13:09..
Old 09 Apr 12, 05:57
First Sergeant
South_Africa

Wilpanzer is on the path to success [1-99] Wilpanzer is on the path to success [1-99] Wilpanzer is on the path to success [1-99]
I have a friend in the army. He is in the infantry branch and a candidate officer.

Basically he told us that the white kids don't make it. They have the physical strength because of their fascination with Rugby in the high school, but they lack devotion.

The army's K9 unit comes by our school every year with their presentations which include a financial plan for people with insufficient money to study directly after school.I think that is the main reason white people join the army, because after your 2 years you can study at a university without needing a student loan.

^ Some of the videos his took.
Old 09 Apr 12, 06:46
General of the Forums
South_Africa
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

I found that second most drop out where whites has well. I mean unfit black females(not saying the all unfit) can do it. But some massive boer farmer rugby player dose not and they all ways give some stupid reason why the leave. The most drop out are Indians but at least they honest why they leave.

I will say best part for the white guys during BMT in the navy is the water phase. Most of the black guys love running so do not care if we get punished by running. But when we do seamanship the instructors let the south atlantic punish you. Black guys hate the cold water.
Old 13 Apr 12, 13:16
General of the Forums
South_Africa

The SANDF did pimp my ride, they where given a golf car

The new IFV
Sponsored Links

Old 13 Apr 12, 13:50
General of the Forums
South_Africa

See you can have a women on a sub

CPO Mzinyati
Old 13 Apr 12, 13:51
General of the Forums
South_Africa

CPO Mzinyati
Old 13 Apr 12, 14:48
General of the Forums
South_Africa

CPO Mzinyati
Old 13 Apr 12, 14:49
General of the Forums
South_Africa

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.ph...try&Itemid=116

CPO Mzinyati
Old 20 Aug 12, 11:10
Private
United_States
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

python134r is a balanced individual [0]
Great pics........Maybe soon we will see the regional powerhouse flex its muscle helping its neighbors. If there is any institutional memory left it will show up pretty quick.
Old 21 Aug 12, 08:26
General of the Forums
Philippines
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role  Aircraft 

GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300] GMan88 is on a distinguished road [300]
Any chance SA will help out with the piracy situation? (or are they there helping already?)
Old 21 Aug 12, 10:33
General of the Forums
South_Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan88 View Post
Any chance SA will help out with the piracy situation? (or are they there helping already?)
All ready there. We try to keep one ship out there but between 5 ships (4 frigates 1 combat suport ship) and a low peace time budget it is not a 12 months think, more a 8 think.

CPO Mzinyati
Old 22 Aug 12, 04:07
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300] Cicero is on a distinguished road [300]
Designed to Motivate Soldiers not to Retreat!!!

Designed to Motivate Soldiers not to Retreat!!!
Old 23 Aug 12, 10:13
Private First Class
South_Africa

Skukuza is on the path to success [1-99]
Your opening statement is all I need.
'The point. Yes the SADF was better.'
Because the ANC coukld not organise a **** up in a brewery, prove me wrong and show me how ANYTHING is better under the new 'government'.
I would happily change this flag for the old South African one which is the one I recognise not that piece of crap they fly today.
Rant over.
Old 14 Sep 12, 10:22
General of the Forums
South_Africa

CPO Mzinyati
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!