StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > Simulations

Notices and Announcements

Simulations Flight, tank, naval, and any other Sim players gather here.

Old 07 Jun 11, 08:56
Brigadier General
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golani View Post
O.K definitely a Merkava here, being attacked by U.S forces...
I think the Merkava is on both sides. In the screenshots BIS released earlier you see it with the Commanche and then with the Mi-28/Ka-50 hybrid.

The one that survived might indicate the inclusion of its rocket defence system. Might just be wishful thinking though.
Old 07 Jun 11, 09:02
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
I think the Merkava is on both sides. In the screenshots BIS released earlier you see it with the Commanche and then with the Mi-28/Ka-50 hybrid.

The one that survived might indicate the inclusion of its rocket defence system. Might just be wishful thinking though.
AH-HA! I DID SEE A COMANCHE!

Anyway, this is getting too confusing for me, I couldn't think of a scenario where the Merkava is on one side, now both sides?!

BTW, I found a "Campaign video" for ARMAIII with an IGN stamp on it, seemed legit (too hard to fake anyway) can't find it now, have you seen it?
Old 07 Jun 11, 09:18
Brigadier General
Pirate

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
AH-HA! I DID SEE A COMANCHE!
I think they're in among these.

Quote:
Anyway, this is getting too confusing for me, I couldn't think of a scenario where the Merkava is on one side, now both sides?!
The 'East', or whatever their name is, launch an attack from the...east. Allied nations get attacked an overrun. The remnants retreat to Greece and link up with NATO but get attacked by an enemy equipped with their weapons.

Or BIS could be trying to imitate BC2 and MW2 with the 'kewl' mix and match gear. If so I hope they don't go down the MW2 route further.

Some on the forums are saying it might be an 'Eastern' copy of the Merkava since some of it looks like a T95 upon closer inspection.

Quote:
BTW, I found a "Campaign video" for ARMAIII with an IGN stamp on it, seemed legit (too hard to fake anyway) can't find it now, have you seen it?
No. Must find!
Old 07 Jun 11, 10:59
General of the Forums
Israel
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Golani has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
That's the one:

Obviously not official, but man...they did a nice job on that one..!
Old 07 Jun 11, 11:16
Brigadier General
Pirate

Damn, that is impressive. It's for a user made campaign? I'll have to keep my eye open for it.

By the way, BIS uploaded the arma 3 trailer which is available in 1080p.
Sponsored Links

Old 07 Jun 11, 11:49
Brigadier General
Pirate

Screenshots galore.
Old 07 Jun 11, 12:24
General of the Forums
Israel

Definitely a Tavor there...a weired one but who knows, it's the 30's...

I wonder what the Robo-dude supposed to be...?

Definitely a Merkava mk. 4 with Trophy, in an IDF scheme (with no IDF markings though) and a PLA(?) one.

Also what appears to be a Namer APC in digi-scheme, only the slope and location of MG are wrong.
Old 07 Jun 11, 15:07
Brigadier General
Pirate

Quote:
I wonder what the Robo-dude supposed to be...?
Some sort of future soldier thing? Maybe some cooling gear?

Quote:
Also what appears to be a Namer APC in digi-scheme, only the slope and location of MG are wrong.
They got some things wrong with the BAF stuff, like the Warrior turret.

If only VBS2 was on the ArmA 2 engine and didn't cost so much.
Old 07 Jun 11, 15:12
General of the Forums
Israel

Quote:
Some sort of future soldier thing? Maybe some cooling gear?
Looks like a breathing oriented machine, or maybe a jet pack?
Quote:
They got some things wrong with the BAF stuff, like the Warrior turret.
Yeah, but they already have they full tank right, all they have to do to module the Namer is remove the turret and cover the chassis.
Quote:
If only VBS2 was on the ArmA 2 engine and didn't cost so much.
Now when we're about to have ARMA 3 there's probably a chance to get an ARMA2 based VBS, maybe even buy VBS 2 from the cheap bin (yeah right)
Old 07 Jun 11, 15:33
Brigadier General
Pirate

Quote:
Looks like a breathing oriented machine, or maybe a jet pack?

Don't give me heart failure!

Quote:
Now when we're about to have ARMA 3 there's probably a chance to get an ARMA2 based VBS, maybe even buy VBS 2 from the cheap bin (yeah right)
One can dream.

How much did they quote you when you enquired?
Old 07 Jun 11, 16:23
General of the Forums
Israel

Quote:
Can't remember and I lost all the e-mail corespondent in the big PC format debacle of early 2011, IIRC it was around 700$ (or maybe it was pounds...?)
Old 08 Jun 11, 17:23
Brigadier General
Pirate

Quote:
Can't remember and I lost all the e-mail corespondent in the big PC format debacle of early 2011, IIRC it was around 700$ (or maybe it was pounds...?)
I think it would be dollars. Still quite a lot though.
Old 08 Jun 11, 17:46
Brigadier General
Pirate

BIS at E3

Earlier this evening some people at the BIS official forums banded together and spammed Gamespot's live feed guy at E3. Colin was his name and he visits the different booths with a camera and microphone strapped to his head. Poor guy.

Anyway, the Arma 3 community spammed him with messages to go see the BIS booth and he did.

Check this thread.

Colin landed up spending 50 minutes checking out a few of BIS games including Arma 3 much to the annoyance of other game fans.

If you click this link it will bring you to the live feed but if you scroll back to 2:11:31 you see the beginning of the entire BIS segment.

Not a Sci-Fi fan but Carrier Command looks good and TOH interesting but the main event was the Arma 3 presentation. Well worth watching.

A lot of new and great features were presented. I really don't like the MW2 style 'equip-everyone-with-cool-weapons' thing but with the new features that were shown I don't really care at the moment. That stuff can be easily modded anyway.

Plus, BIS were definitely one of the best there. Other booths looked a bit unsure as to what to do or shunned poor Colin or were overly secretive to the point of ridiculous. BIS weren't prepared for Colin's live feed but they were quite happy to take him through the games, answer questions and show off gameplay. You can tell that they are people that take pride in their work.

Last edited by Mackie; 08 Jun 11 at 18:02..
Old 13 Jun 11, 12:25
Sergeant Major
UK
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build 

Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99] Nokturnal is on the path to success [1-99]
Too. Much. Awesomeness.... Not a fan of sci-fi either, but hopefully they keep it accurate and current enough so it's not a big issue that it's set in the "future".

Not enough time to post one of my famously huge posts, but to sum it up in one smiley face....

George, we were talking about an ARMA 3 in that last game we played too! You think they were tapping in to our convo?

Will keep an eye on the development but I still need to get my sht together and get a new graphics card so I can actually play some games on this PC before I consider buying any new games.

Quote:
If I recall, when I contacted them (would be well over a year now) it was $800 AUD for the personal edition. I think about $1,000 for the (almost) complete military version.
Old 16 Jun 11, 00:27
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
The storyline says that the player is the sole survivor in enemy territory; therefore, he will not have US equipment - he will have to use enemy equipment which is likely to be a mixed bag after a long period of intensive and decimating combat throughout Europe.

I have played numerous games before in which I ended up equipped with enemy gear. I don;t see this as a drawback at all - after all, anything American would have to be shipped in over a distance of three thousand miles plus land transport from there, so American equipment is unlikely to be available beyond what was initially issued for the mission, which will not last forever in terms of ammo.

Lastly, but definitely not least, it's a game.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!