StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Alternate Timelines > Science Fiction

Notices and Announcements

Science Fiction Science Fiction as a means to discuss "future history."

Old 07 May 11, 17:15
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakris View Post
Just A Thought

Maybe SOMEBODY Should get out to System Epsilon

This has been explored somewhat - No Planets BUT
There is a very big Asteroid Belt which could be mined useful Metals and Minerals.
There are also several very large Artificial Structures in orbit - which it has been determined are Hulks of Ancient Ships from some Ancient Battle.

Now - we COULD cut these up for scrap and materials.
Alternately - it is Recommended that these could be stripped and rebuilt as Orbital Shipyards - whilst still recovering various materials.
This would provide a basis for Bases and Shipyards in the Epsilon System.

Truly - Attica is too stretched at the moment, with Colonies, Shipbuilding and other Projects.
Perhaps the Sol Directorate will have Ships available to begin this sort of Operation.
The Phoenix confed will take on that task.
Old 07 May 11, 17:55
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
The Phoenix confed will take on that task.
Thanks Indeed - My Friend

It seemed a pity to just leave it there going to waste, sort of.
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation
Old 09 May 11, 11:44
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Busy, Busy

I am working on completing full Lists of Planets, Moons, Bases, Defences, Shipyards and Shipbuilding for all Dominions, Etc.

I have now completed a full Listing for Attican Systems in a Word Doc.

I have now completed a full Listing for Sol Dominion ( and New Byzantium ) in a Word Doc. This has been Posted.

I have now completed a full Listing for the IPC - but need to clarify some points with Ogilvy.

Next - I will do a full Listing for Phoenix Confederation.

Finally - I will do a full Listing for Broderick's Colony.

Note - these will all include Times for Building / Completion of Defences, Shipyards, Ships - and will be updated each Month of "game time".

Population growth will have to be informed to me - plus all new Projects and new Building ( with Times ). I will then do the "diary" work of keeping these up to date, month by month - and informing Players when they are completed.

Onwards and Upwards
Old 09 May 11, 21:12
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Re: My previous Post here - All Lists have now been completed.

Awaiting confirmation of Details from Comrade|Ogilvy.

I will try to get these shorter Lists Posted, on Main Thread, tomorrow.
Old 11 May 11, 17:43
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Re: Lists - still awaiting confirmation from Ogilvy.

Re: Attica - Attica is now building Eight new Bases in its Asteroid Belt.
These will be combined Bases - "mini-colonies" for Asteroid Miners ( including "singleship miners" ), Defensive Bases and Shipyards.
Extensive deep undergound shelters and Bio-Domes for growing basic Foodstuffs.

I will Post info. on these Tomorrow I hope.
Old 11 May 11, 21:05
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Ships Names for all OOBs.

Riiight - Guys - I have finally done the tricky "little" Job.

ALL Ships in all of the Fleets are now Named -

For Phoenix and for Sol.
It was really the Sol Built Ships which had incomplete naming - but all done now.
It is very late here now - 1:00 a.m. in England
So - I will Post the Fleet Lists ( OOB ) Tomorrow - for us all.

Soooo tired - goodnight Good Friends.

Onwards and Upwards
Old 12 May 11, 19:03
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Attica Updates - to come

I will be doing "diary updates" on all of my Lists on Saturday - when it wil be the next Month in "game time" - January 2137.
This will mean taking a Month off all Build / Completion times for Defences, Bases, Shipyards, Ships.
This will apply to ALL Dominions - as I have Lists for them all.

Quite a few things are gonna be completed in Attican Systems at that point -
And, there will be another batch of Ships completed by Attica.
Old 12 May 11, 19:25
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Oh-just saw this thread. Hello.

--Hávamál
Old 12 May 11, 19:29
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Hi - plenty of room for Chat here.
I am gonna be back Tomorrow - getting late here now.
Old 13 May 11, 17:05
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Smile Goodies to Come - Ha Haaar

Timetable for forthcoming events - Hmmm

Saturday - Diary Updates
Some Attican Defences completed.
Some Attican Bases completed.
Some Attican Ships Built.
Some new Attican Shipbuilding started.

Sunday - "covert aggressive negotiations" with the Zetans -
start of Mission to T-Bomb some of their Worlds ( repeat ).
Announcement of stocks of anti-Zetan "stealth" Weapons.

Tuesday - New Scout Operation started - for new Colony Worlds.
Sponsored Links

Old 16 May 11, 07:51
Lieutenant General
Pirate

To All Players

Some Information and Comments from the G.M.

It has been very bad of me - but I have now finally come to understand some of things about the Players in this Game.

Not all Players will have a lot of time to devote to the Game, in the normal course of events of their lives.
They will have many other committments in their lives, which take up their time - both unvoidable requirements for Jobs, etc. - time necessary and desirable to be spent with their families and friends - and time which they wish to spend in other more pleasurable and entertaining ways.
For most PLayers - this Sci Fi Game is not central to their lives ( they can't all be MAD like me ).

Some of the Players will have additional pressures and demands on their time - necessary and important activities like Studying, Revising for Exams, studying for Promotion Exams, extra dutes in their work.
Study, Revision and actual Examinations will take up a lot of their time during May, June and July, and sometimes later.
There will also be necessary requirements to spend time with family, loved ones, children, during the summer months - including School Holidays - and both preparations for a Summer Vacation / holiday and the times taken for such important breaks from the pressures of daily life.

If Players are too busy for any of these reasons, to make significant or continuous Posts and contributions to this Game - that is compleely understandable.
I will try to NOT be "badgering" Players about their contribution to this Game in future. Providing you let me have enough information - I iwll keep things going, doing the Posts myself for you, where appropriate or where indicated by elapased time.
I may even have to "invent" improvements to System Defences - or the building of New Ships and Shipyards.

My proposal is that mentally we aim to be ready for a MAJOR attack on the Zetans in a number of ways, by the end of August / Early September 2011.
I will work with the Build Lists and Defences Construction Lists for ALL of the Dominions, to try to ensure that we have a Very Big and capable Battle Fleet - and to ensure that we have sufficient supporting Defences in all of our Systems, to give a good chance of avoiding serious damage to the Planets in our Systems.

Best Wishes to All - from Kris

Last edited by Karakris; 16 May 11 at 07:54..
Old 18 May 11, 05:50
Lieutenant General
Pirate

New Social Groups

I have come to the Conclusion that there should be a Social Group for each Dominion - but this SHOULD be confined to matters rightfully affecting that Dominion only, or pertaining to that Dominion.

I have now Deleted the "Other Worlds ..... " Group, as it is hardly needed.

There is now a New Byzantium Group - and I am truly hoping that Dashy will take that from me, when offered.

I will also be doing an IPC Group.

I am sorry if this makes more work for Players in checking Updates - but they will show as a highlight on the names of Social Groups - If anything new gets Posted.
This makes it possible to keep a check on happenings, or non-happenings.
Old 18 May 11, 05:57
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
I received an invite to the New Byzantium group, was that by accident?

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 18 May 11, 06:11
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
I received an invite to the New Byzantium group, was that by accident?
Nope - There must be NO Secret Places in this Game.
If anyone is trying something in their own Dominion - we can all get to see.
However - I cannot monitor what happens in P.Ms. though.

We just have to Trust each other

"We gotta have some more Trust around here -
I mean, without Trust where are you".

"We just gotta have some Understanding here -
Jeez, where can we get some more Understanding, fellas".
Old 18 May 11, 10:29
Lieutenant General
Pirate

To All Players in Sci Fi Game

As G.M.

Riiiight - where Players do not provide me with complete Information, or provide incomplete Information at the outset. If I get no replies from requests for full Information - I am just gonna fill it in myself, anyway.

Names of -
Ships, Off-world Bases, Orbital Space Stations, Orbital Shipyards.
If not given - they WILL get named.
It is not reasonable to just say - "10 x Orbital Space Stations - armed with xxxxx". I can work with that - but they WILL get Named.
If the Zetans WERE to Attack one of our Systems - Battle Reports and Descriptions must be written with reference to actual Ships, Space Stations, Bases, Shipyards, etc.

All off-world Bases MUST have Defensive Armament, all Shipyards much have some Defensive Armament, - as per Phoenix Policy.
All Bases on airless Planets, Moons, Asteroids must have deep underground shelters - expect where this is NOT possible.
One example being the Base on Europa - which has a surface of shiftin ice plates over a semi-liquid Ice / Water mantle. Deep underground shleters here are not possible - so "stealthy" Armoured Surface Shelters would have to be used.

Where Populations have not been stated, and no Info. is provided on Populations and GWP - then I will have to "guesstimate" these figures.
I will be using what I believe is a fair yardstick for GWP, allowing for different levels of Industrialisation / Agriculture, etc.

Where no Updated Figures are given - then I will have to "guesstimate" rises in Population and GWP.

It is my Job to keep track of all of these things - and "by hook or by crook" I am gonna do a proper Job of it all.

Just don't be surprised when I sometimes Post things about your Dominions or Colonies, which you were not expecting.

Onwards and Upwards

Last edited by Karakris; 18 May 11 at 10:31..

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!