StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Military/History Related Hobbies > Alternate Timelines > Science Fiction

Notices and Announcements

Science Fiction Science Fiction as a means to discuss "future history."

Old 27 Apr 11, 18:41
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Great

@Tac

This looks extremely good.
I have now included your full Spec. for XSBB Ships in my OOB Docs.

The Atticans will have the Titanic Shipyard cleared of current Construction in about 4 Months "Game Time" or less - we may be able to speed this up a bit more.

We expect to be able to build one of these XSBB Ships every 6 Months in around 6 Months "Game Time" or less - we may be able to speed this up a bit more.

[[[ Shhhhhh - Re Planetoids - it just may be that something like a Planetoid ( or two ) may be getting Built in the future ]].

Tsar thinks we should get on with Phase I of my suggestion, a few Posts back on this Thread - to do a Detector Search from "above" or "below" the Galactic Body ( perhaps both ) - to Map the locations of Zetan Systems. You have more Ships available than Attica, in order to do this.

Then to follow through with Phase II.
For this second Phase - we would probably want to build the Monitor Station / Stations in-situ, as they will not need to be mobile except for Manouvering Engines.
Attica can build sections of these Monitor Stations - and transport them to the designated assembly location, using the MCS Equinox and the six CMT Ships which we will have.
Kaar Kristoff - Minister of Interior of The Phoenix Confederation

Last edited by Karakris; 28 Apr 11 at 14:22..
Old 28 Apr 11, 02:51
General of the Forums
Sinc
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600] Tsar is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakris View Post
However, the Attican Navy is rather short of Ships at the moment.
The Navy part of the Job - my suggested Phase I is really something which I would suggest is best to be undertaken by the Phoenix Fleet.
I agree, in fact I would recommend that the Phoenix fleet take over the whole operation to reduce the work load on the Attica fleet. Especially since this is clearly something that will have to be followed up on with a major operation.

Last edited by Tsar; 28 Apr 11 at 19:51..
Old 28 Apr 11, 13:41
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100] Karakris has demonstrated strength of character [100]
@ Tsar

From Kris Martins - Attican President

Riiight - well Attica can get on with Building two Sectional Monitoring Stations.

These will be built in the Pascali System ( Ex Psi System ) - because the Asteroid Belt in that System is set to become one gigantic Navy Yard.
We will also proceed with major expansion in the Excelsis System ( Ex System 'X' ) as that is also effectively a Navy Yard System.

We can transport the Sections and Sub-Assemblies to any designated location, using the MCS Equinox, and our 6 x CMT Ships.

@ TacCovert4

From Kris Martins - Attican President

Riiight - I have Just Posted all New Ships.
You now have another 19 Ships to play with - have fun and enjoy.

I have put up a new Post in my now Condensed Format - much shorter, and omitting unnecessary Detail.
This comprises a condensed List of all of the CURRENT Shipbuilding Capacity of Attican Yards.
This includes a complete condensed List of ALL current Ship Construction - with Completion Times.
I have included Ship Names

A new BC Class is named after Ancient Chinese Generals / Heroes.
Well - we got to keep it balanced - cannot all be English, American and European.
Next time I will have to start including some Japanese, South American, African, Asian - and so on.

Oh yes - on the cards are ANOTHER two more SCV not listed - these will be named after some "odd" Continents for completeness - for South East Asia - Sea-asia, for the Middle East Levantia. Trying to be fair and balanced.

BTW - Attican handed you some more DDs last month.
Refer to Stardate August 2136 / Page 50 - 8 x DDs of the 'Lake' Class.

To All - Some Trivia.

The Attican Republic has declared that throughout all of its Administered Territories, the Official Language will be "British English". Other Languages are to be encouraged - by multi-language speakers.

Each "Territory" is also to have an Official Second Language - and these will be as follow --

For Attican System - the Official Second Language is "Syntactic Greek", which is closely based on Classical Greek, but with adaptations and New Words for modern usage.
Lots of Greek Names for people and things in Attica.

For Excelsis System - the Official Second Language is Spanish.
Hmmm - have to start using Spanish Names for things here.

For Wyandot System - the Official Second Language is "Syntactic Sioux", which is based on the Native American Sioux Language, but with adaptations and New Words for modern usage.
Well - we have Colonies named after Red Indian ( sorry Native American ) Tribes. Have to look up some Native American words and Names.

For Dannica System - the Official Second Language is the Icelandic Language.
This is gonna be a real Dooozy - Lol.

For The Dragon System - the Official Second Language is the Welsh Cymraeg Language.
Guess what - I am already using Welsh word Names for Shipyards and Cities here.

For The Pascali System - the Official Second Language is "Syntactic Latin" which is based on Classical Latin, but with adapatations and New Words for modern usage.
All Bases and Asteroids are getting Latin Names - could be fun.

[ Looks of blank amazament - fingers twirling over heads - lots of sympathetic nodding - and remarks like "poor chap - we could see it coming" ]

[ Sorry Guys - I actually DO have a sense of Humour - and I LUV this Game, coz I can also do the silly, unlikely, sort of "permanent joke" type things, as well as the serious stuff. ]

Onwards and Upwards

Last edited by Karakris; 28 Apr 11 at 14:22..
Old 29 Apr 11, 03:32
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
For Dannica System - the Official Second Language is the Icelandic Language.
This is gonna be a real Dooozy - Lol.
a er svo !

In compliance with this latest directive and as a token of goodwill to the Dannican people Admiral Snowy's cat has been renamed Kooky and at times been called ra.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 29 Apr 11, 05:13
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
a er svo !

In compliance with this latest directive and as a token of goodwill to the Dannican people Admiral Snowy's cat has been renamed Kooky and at times been called ra.

WAY TO GO - My Friend - Whoopie !!

Yay - I am gonna have to learn some Icelandic now as well - Woot Woot
Sponsored Links

Old 29 Apr 11, 05:28
General of the Forums
Belgium
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] Snowygerry has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Also, looking at your map I'm assuming the Dannica system is the former Delta system to the left of Attica, is that correct??

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.
Old 29 Apr 11, 05:49
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowygerry View Post
Also, looking at your map I'm assuming the Dannica system is the former Delta system to the left of Attica, is that correct??
Yay - Dannica was Delta - I try to keep the "first letter" the same, or sort of.

Alpha - actually became Attica System
X - became Excelsis System ( Navy / Military System )
Y - became Wyandot System
Delta - became Dannica System - Colonised Tundria Planet.
Mu - was "Christened" The Dragon System on discovery - Colonised Ordowiccia Planet.
Psi - became Pascal System ( Naval / Military System )

Attica is thinking of taking over the Omega System - some VERY WET Planets there.

Last edited by Karakris; 29 Apr 11 at 05:53..
Old 29 Apr 11, 14:06
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Update

As Attican President

I have put in a Formal Request to colonise the Omega System -
on the Main Thread.

I have Posted the latest additions to the Shipyards and Navy Yards under construction by The Attican Republic.

There will be no further additional Shipyards or Navy Yards, for a few more Months of "Game Time".

As G.M. - to All Players
Please note that 3 Months of "Game Time" is around a week to ten days in "the real world".
Old 30 Apr 11, 01:13
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Sneaky Action

I think the War against the Zetans is about top enter a phase of "Sneaky Action" - well at least the Atticans are gonna be a bit Sneaky anyway.
Old 01 May 11, 07:08
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Riiight - Phase I has been completed - and Some

Riiight

Attica has now put in place two Automatic Monitoring Stations "above" and "below" the Galaxy - to observe and Monitor Zetan Transmissions in the EM Frequencies - and to locate and "Map" Zetan Systems by both Transmissions and Gravimetric Readings.

Two Zetan Systems with high intensities of Transmission have been investigated - and orbital Monitoring Units have been placed on the edge of these Systems.
Further - "sneaky raids" have been been made on two Zetan Planets in each of these systems ( 4 in total ), dropping suitably "doped" 2,000 ton blocks of Water Ice onto these four Planets.
The Ships have escaped unscaithed, and seemingly undetected - and are returning to Attica System, for a supendous Hero's Welcome.

All of this has been Posted in detail on the Main Thread.

Onwards and Upwards
Old 04 May 11, 04:21
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Two New Players

To All Existing Players --
This is to Inform you - that two New Players have now Joined this Game.

Super Six 4 - Position still to be determined.

Daemon of Decay - as a System Governor, System to be determined.
Old 04 May 11, 07:57
Lieutenant General
Pirate

A Change in Time Scales

As G.M. -- Riiight - I am slowing things down from now on, to make it easier for Players to keep up with progress.
__________________________________________________ ____________

**** Rule 3 - Time Scales - REVISED ****

In this Game - the "game time" runs faster than real world times - otherwise everyone would get bored to death.

NOW - 3 Months of "Game Time" = THREE WEEKS in real time at most.
NOW - One Month of "Game Time" = ONE WEEK in real time.

This Game started in 2130 - and has now reached late 2136.
I am Posting "Stardates" with all Entries.

The time scale may slow down in the case of a protracted Campaign - and it may also be slowed-down where there are ongoing arguments and discussions, but not always.
__________________________________________________ ___________

This has been Posted in this form - in the Game Rules Thread of the Sci Fi Wargame ( Phoenix ) Social Group.
Old 05 May 11, 18:50
Lieutenant General
Pirate

All Part of the Service

As G.M.

Riiight - It is all part of what I do.

If any of the Dominion Leaders and the Prime Minister of Phoenix Confederation want me to help with checking Progress of their Projects.
This is something I can do.

If you let me know what you are Building, where and how long it is expected to take ( in months ) from the time you contact me.

I can put it on a List in a Word Document - and "count down" the time to completion, as I work my way through the "Stardates", month by month.

This is something which I am already doing for Attica - with very few slip-ups. So I may as well do it for others.

This can also be done for System Governors as well.

This may be Cities Building, Shipyards or Bases Building, Docks or Factories Building, Fixed Defences Building, Asteroid or Moon Bases Building - and of course Shipbuilding.
I could also do Population Growth as well - if you give me a "growth rate" including 'breeding', immigration, cloning or whatever.

I can either remind you by P.M. - when a "project" is completed - or if you prefer, I can Post it in the Main Thread, in the name of your Dominion, Confederation or Colony System.

Last edited by Karakris; 06 May 11 at 09:22..
Old 06 May 11, 09:21
Lieutenant General
Pirate

From Attican President

Riiight --

Could get no answer YAY or NAY on Colonising Omega System - so later today Attica is gonna be sending a Colony Group to Omega II - to start Colonising the System.

From G.M. - ATM -

I am busy doing a full write-up of Attica Dominion - "boiling down" all Information on Planets and Colonies, Recovery / Rehabilition, Projects, Bases, Shipyards and Ships.
This will be a "Source file", checked each "Month" of "Game Time" and Updated - from which to draw Info. for Update Postings.

When this is Completed, I will be doing the same thing for the Sol Dominion.

Then I will be doing the same thing for the IPC Dominion.

Then I wil be sending 'Reminders' each time something has changed in a Dominion - to the Leader / President of the Dominion.
This could be a Project completed, Defences built, a Shipyard completed, a Ship built - and so on.
For this to work - the Leaders / Presidents of the Dominions will need to let me know in way or another, if a Project has started, Defences are being Built, Bases are being built, a Shipyard is being built, a Ship is being built - WITH EXPECTED TIMES FOR COMPLETION ( in Months ).

This can also be done for The Phoenix Confederation.

If the Leader / President / Prime Minister wishes to Post completion details themselves - fine.
If not, I can Post these completion details. Just let me know - when I "remind" you.

Best Wishes to All Players
Old 07 May 11, 15:33
Lieutenant General
Pirate

Epsilon System - A Recommendation

Just A Thought

Maybe SOMEBODY Should get out to System Epsilon

This has been explored somewhat - No Planets BUT
There is a very big Asteroid Belt which could be mined useful Metals and Minerals.
There are also several very large Artificial Structures in orbit - which it has been determined are Hulks of Ancient Ships from some Ancient Battle.

Now - we COULD cut these up for scrap and materials.
Alternately - it is Recommended that these could be stripped and rebuilt as Orbital Shipyards - whilst still recovering various materials.
This would provide a basis for Bases and Shipyards in the Epsilon System.

Truly - Attica is too stretched at the moment, with Colonies, Shipbuilding and other Projects.
Perhaps the Sol Directorate will have Ships available to begin this sort of Operation.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!