StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 08 Feb 12, 23:47
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
My rule of thumb with TDs is to stay as far back from the action as possible and snipe. Besides the obvious statement that many TD units are paper thin on the sides, they usually have better than average accuracy. The SU-76 though struck me as under-powered, even for its own tier. This is even more reason to stay behind the action. It has good mobility if nothing else.
Ok thanks. I know when I've played as Arty, sometimes I'll specifically ask before the countdown timer ends "hey can one or two people make sure rushers don't kill the arty?"

--Hávamál
Old 09 Feb 12, 11:07
General of the Forums
Romania
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Imperial is simply cracking [600]
Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600] Imperial is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Listy I wish you were on the NA server - I need a partner to push some Jadgtigers around the map. I love playing mine, but it can be difficult without a partner to guard each other's backs.
I have a Jagdtiger on the EU server and I'm not very pleased with it. Although I won 4 Top Gun awards with it I expected a better machine. As it is now it has a very soft front plate and meeting a tier 7 can ruin your game even if it is a head-on one-on-one clash.
Old 09 Feb 12, 15:29
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
I have a Jagdtiger on the EU server and I'm not very pleased with it. Although I won 4 Top Gun awards with it I expected a better machine. As it is now it has a very soft front plate and meeting a tier 7 can ruin your game even if it is a head-on one-on-one clash.
Agreed on all points. The advantage of the JT is the accuracy of its gun. That allows it to stay over the horizon and still hit targets. If you get into a knife fight yes you are in some trouble.

I don't have a 704 or a T95 to compare, but having seen those in action I'd say they are more robust and better in the medium range fights and really shine in the close-in fights as long as they have support to keep flankers away.

By nature I'm a long range sniper so I'd probably play all 3 the same LOL.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.
Old 09 Feb 12, 18:16
General of the Forums
Pirate
5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Wow yesterday I updated to all the latest stuff and played for a while and I could barely get shots off-even if I did they didn't really do much. Some did something of course, but I'm not kidding when I say that I got 2 kills yesterday, in at least a couple hours' worth of playing. Played this morning a bit and did slightly better but coming back to the game after months of not playing it and going against most of the tanks I did, with what I had didn't turn out too well.

What was kind of annoying was that it seemed like I was having lag, and if I had a pesky light tank screaming my way, as the M37 or AT-1, I was having trouble keeping track of them.

But I plan on playing more regularly again, and then maybe I'll know what the heck to do on some of the maps and get some better tanks.

--Hávamál
Old 09 Feb 12, 18:20
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Agreed on all points. The advantage of the JT is the accuracy of its gun. That allows it to stay over the horizon and still hit targets. If you get into a knife fight yes you are in some trouble.
Except the E-50 has a vastly more accurate gun. There really appears to be no place for the Jagdtiger these days.
Obj 704 has better camo, speed and bouncier armour. Plus its gun is devastating at short range.
T-95 is a brick with a BFG.
A T-30 has a deadlier gun, a Turret, and better turret armour.

With the introduction of Tier 8's with better armour, one has to ask: What's the point of a Jagdtiger?

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Sponsored Links

Old 10 Feb 12, 17:53
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
With the introduction of Tier 8's with better armour, one has to ask: What's the point of a Jagdtiger?
Because it is the only Tier IX I have?

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.
Old 10 Feb 12, 22:09
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
My rule of thumb with TDs is to stay as far back from the action as possible and snipe. Besides the obvious statement that many TD units are paper thin on the sides, they usually have better than average accuracy. The SU-76 though struck me as under-powered, even for its own tier. This is even more reason to stay behind the action. It has good mobility if nothing else.
Thanks for the info on the SU-76...just got mine last night and it took a slight bit of getting used to, but in one game this morning I got two kills in quick succession and almost got a third but he was too quick for me. I wasn't expecting the SU-76 to own everything thanks to you, so I tried to stay safe

--Hávamál
Old 22 Feb 12, 23:09
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 
Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
I recently started playing again, had to start fresh because all progress was wiped after the BETA. I've got a Panzer III A, banking cash for a Panzer III. Also got a Sturmpanzer I Bison, planning on moving up the artillery tree after I get my Panzer III.

My username is FM_Von_Manstein.
Old 22 Feb 12, 23:56
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer25 View Post
I recently started playing again...I've got a Panzer III A, banking cash for a Panzer III.
In the same boat with you here. One of my friends just said to make a bee line for a tier 5, and I decided to go for the the Panzer IV. However, when (note "when") my Pz III A is destroyed, I leave the battle and start playing as a BT-2, working on the BT-7, etc. down that line to the T-34.

--Hávamál
Old 01 Mar 12, 20:25
General of the Forums
Canada
5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500] Destroyer25 is a jewel in the rough [500]
So is the ACG clan still going on, or...?
Old 02 Mar 12, 10:53
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
So is the ACG clan still going on, or...?
I tried searching for it, but I forgot to try "ACG"...probably the most likely name lol

So I haven't found anything yet, but if it is, it's probably ACG.

In any case I'm in a clan called LETUM.

--Hávamál
Old 02 Mar 12, 18:07
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
I tried searching for it, but I forgot to try "ACG"...probably the most likely name lol

So I haven't found anything yet, but if it is, it's probably ACG.

In any case I'm in a clan called LETUM.
What tiers? I'm 3-5 atm.
Old 03 Mar 12, 10:15
Major
UK
5 Year Service Ribbon 

Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99] Greasel_burger is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
Except the E-50 has a vastly more accurate gun. There really appears to be no place for the Jagdtiger these days.
Obj 704 has better camo, speed and bouncier armour. Plus its gun is devastating at short range.
T-95 is a brick with a BFG.
A T-30 has a deadlier gun, a Turret, and better turret armour.

You dont seem to get the dev's vision for world of tanks. So long as german tanks explode, they are happy.

So its like the leo, VK2801 and most of the german mediums: IS-4 fodder.
Old 03 Mar 12, 15:21
General of the Forums
Pirate

Quote:
What tiers? I'm 3-5 atm.
What, for LETUM? No limits or requirements. If you include everything in my garage I'm Tier I-III and working on getting a tier IV, and I was allowed in.

If you plan on applying, you might want to say Super_Six_4 sent you.

--Hávamál
Old 03 Mar 12, 15:55
General of the Forums
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
What, for LETUM? No limits or requirements. If you include everything in my garage I'm Tier I-III and working on getting a tier IV, and I was allowed in.

If you plan on applying, you might want to say Super_Six_4 sent you.
Will do.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!