StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 27 Jan 12, 16:28
Brigadier General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I have started using the American SPGs. As I heard that SPGs brought in a lot of credits. I was doing really good with the T57. Then I upgraded to a M37 (I think), and with the slow reload and aiming I am having trouble getting many kills. Any suggestions?
Old 01 Feb 12, 23:52
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
Get the rammer and the gun drive should help alot. Also when your crew gets to be 100% you will hardly miss.

I am on the M41 and it's reload time with rammer is pain full.
Old 01 Feb 12, 23:54
Captain
United_States

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
I have also found that if you aim at hiding places you usaully hide being an SPG you will find some one else does too. I got the first kill that way in the first 30 seconds of a game. I aim at a place I would have hid if I was on that side.
Old 02 Feb 12, 13:39
Brigadier General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Thanks for the suggestions Dano! Will try that out!
Old 02 Feb 12, 22:08
Captain
United_States

Oh with spg I get 10k credit when I lose and 20k when I win if that helps
Old 02 Feb 12, 23:33
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
I haven't played for a while...but...

Super_Six_4

M3 Stuart, M37 (just got), T2 Medium Tank (elite maybe, but not likely, as I got it not too long ago and then stopped playing), AT-1, PzKpfw 38H735 (f) (elite since its premium), and yeah I think that's it.

I must say that the PzKpfw 38H (f) premium is slow and all, but I took about 90 shots before dying, in one game. A number of shots just glanced off, and it took a lot of shots that did damage to take me down. I believe I was the last one alive during that game, and I had taken many shots before I was the last one.

--Hávamál
Old 03 Feb 12, 13:29
Brigadier General
United_States

Right now I have a Tetrarch, T-127, M7, PzKpfw III/IV, M2 MT, Marder II, and a PzKpfw III. I think that's all.
Old 06 Feb 12, 06:51
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Err...
I'm currently on about ~24 vehicles...

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 06 Feb 12, 11:44
Brigadier General
United_States

WOW! So you must have a nice assortment of tanks.
Old 06 Feb 12, 12:14
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
WOW! So you must have a nice assortment of tanks.
German:
Panzer 38H735(f), Panzer II, Panzer B2 740 (f), Lowe, Marder II, Stug III, Jagdtiger
French:
FT-17, AMX 13/75
US:
M22 Locust, M24 Chaffee, M4 Jumbo, M46 Patton, T34*, T30*, T18, M36 Jackson.
USSR:
Tetarch, T-26, Churchill, KV-2*, KV-3*

*Remember when the Tech tree revisions come in, all these tanks get doubled.

All are elite, and I've pretty much finished researching everything. So its jsut a matter of playing for fun, and waiting until some proper tanks (AKA: British) come out Q4 2012/Q1 2011.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Sponsored Links

Old 06 Feb 12, 18:24
Brigadier General
United_States

Here are some pics of the score board at the end of one of my games in my new Hetzer. All I had upgraded on it was the track and 2 engines. So it had a stock gun.

I got Top Gun, Master Gunner, Reaper! First time ever getting 6 kills!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Best Battle Hetzer 1.jpg (58.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Best Battle Hetzer 2.jpg (36.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Best Battle Hetzer 3.jpg (30.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 07 Feb 12, 15:04
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Listy I wish you were on the NA server - I need a partner to push some Jadgtigers around the map. I love playing mine, but it can be difficult without a partner to guard each other's backs.

I also enjoy playing my T-28 TD - it is surprisingly agile and seems more survivable than the comparable Ferdi in the German line. The T25AT was also very good.

Haven't made it past the SU-85 on the Soviet line, but I love playing it because it dominates its own tier.

Hating the French tanks, but I've only made it to tier IV on both lines because I only play once a day with them for the doubles. Can't stand them.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.
Old 07 Feb 12, 15:22
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
Listy I wish you were on the NA server - I need a partner to push some Jadgtigers around the map. I love playing mine, but it can be difficult without a partner to guard each other's backs.

I also enjoy playing my T-28 TD - it is surprisingly agile and seems more survivable than the comparable Ferdi in the German line. The T25AT was also very good.

Haven't made it past the SU-85 on the Soviet line, but I love playing it because it dominates its own tier.

Hating the French tanks, but I've only made it to tier IV on both lines because I only play once a day with them for the doubles. Can't stand them.
I've got so many tanks I can jump pretty much where I want to on a tech tree. For example I jumped straight the the AMX13/75, cause I wanted a Tank to use in Tier 7.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 08 Feb 12, 15:28
General of the Forums
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300] Super Six 4 is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian HEAT View Post

Back when I was playing more regular, I started on the Soviet TD line since I wanted to try out TDs...got myself an AT-1 and I was working towards the SU-76 and then SU-85. Glad to hear the 85 is great. How about the SU-76-thoughts, tips?

--Hávamál
Old 08 Feb 12, 16:51
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Six 4 View Post
Back when I was playing more regular, I started on the Soviet TD line since I wanted to try out TDs...got myself an AT-1 and I was working towards the SU-76 and then SU-85. Glad to hear the 85 is great. How about the SU-76-thoughts, tips?
My rule of thumb with TDs is to stay as far back from the action as possible and snipe. Besides the obvious statement that many TD units are paper thin on the sides, they usually have better than average accuracy. The SU-76 though struck me as under-powered, even for its own tier. This is even more reason to stay behind the action. It has good mobility if nothing else.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!