StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > MMO Games > World of Tanks

Notices and Announcements

World of Tanks Discuss the game and the Armchair General WoT clan.

Old 22 Mar 11, 09:56
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
I'm very close to buying a Hetzer.

What's your nickname in the game? Mine is Tankistu.
My nickname?... Arthwys
Old 24 Mar 11, 10:31
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200]
Would love to join you all...Need a Pz-III? will look for you all out there...I am airbornebob...
Old 03 May 11, 12:11
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Bob, you should link up with clan AOD. It is a great squad of over 300 players. Arthwys and I are the only two ACG guys that I know about - but please check it out if you want to play in a more organized fashion.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.
Old 04 May 11, 09:37
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) Model Forum Group Build Victor 

AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200] AirborneBob is walking in the light [200]
I did join a clan..Dads Hide Out...check them out at Dadshideout.com....Only requirement is that you have to be a Dad. Great bunch of guys and good gaming skills.
Old 04 May 11, 10:51
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneBob View Post
I did join a clan..Dads Hide Out...check them out at Dadshideout.com....Only requirement is that you have to be a Dad. Great bunch of guys and good gaming skills.
Cool. I would have qualified there too. I'm a dad.

Sponsored Links

Old 04 May 11, 14:20
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I'm on the Game, same User name as here.

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 31 May 11, 13:17
Zombie Author
United_States

A reminder that if you are interested in linking up with myself and other ACG members to play WoT, I recommend joining Angels of Death. Currently there are over 400 members, broken into 4 sub-clans for the purpose of Clan Wars. Can't say enough good things about this group if you want to play the game as part of a 15 man squad all working for the same goal.

They are getting a bit choosey now in their recruiting process, so you should have at least a Tier VIII tank (some exceptions, including arty players) in your garage if you'd like to join.

Mention me in the form so that I can make sure you get consideration.

http://www.clanaod.net/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=4

Old 01 Jun 11, 07:55
ACG Forums - General Staff
UK
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700] Listy is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
[...] so you should have at least a Tier VIII tank[...]
Oooo Snobs! :P

It was an Accident."
Herr Flick.
Old 06 Jun 11, 10:36
General of the Forums
Canada
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 
SPQR Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700] Arthwys is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listy View Post
Oooo Snobs! :P
Actually it's more of a glut of recruits than anything else.
Old 12 Jun 11, 22:12
Private
United_States

eyebiter is on the path to success [1-99]
How long before your Armchair General clan challenges the Wargamer.com Word of Tanks clan?
Old 13 Jun 11, 18:11
Lieutenant General
United_States
Distinguished Service Award Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200] LongBlade is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebiter View Post
How long before your Armchair General clan challenges the Wargamer.com Word of Tanks clan?
This is actually a bit of a misnomer. There is no official ACG WoT clan.

Brian plays with a clan that might have a couple of ACG guys there - out of a clan of 400.

Some of the other guys may be in clans.

Technically I'm using a press account and I don't even have access to the Clan Wars module. Which is good for you because it also has about half a million gold in the account, so I'm running around with any uber tank I please at the moment. At least until they wipe it and then I start over again....

Old 04 Aug 11, 02:42
Captain
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99] Dano is on the path to success [1-99]
IF you see Sirdano it me so be nice. Have not really tought about join any clans yet
Old 21 Sep 11, 15:41
Brigadier General
Pirate
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300] Mackie is on a distinguished road [300]
Was on the EU client during beta. Since I've started playing again I chose the NA version since most people communicate in English in it.

Feel free to add me:

CometA34
Old 26 Jan 12, 12:35
Brigadier General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Model Forum Group Build 

Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100] Johnny_Reb has demonstrated strength of character [100]
I have started playing. My name is Desert_Fox2.

I am working on the American Tanks right now. But I am wondering if the German Tanks are better?
Old 26 Jan 12, 20:38
Zombie Author
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb View Post
I have started playing. My name is Desert_Fox2.

I am working on the American Tanks right now. But I am wondering if the German Tanks are better?
At the start it really doesn't make much difference. Every nation has one or two gems in the early tiers that make them more enjoyable than the other nations, in my opinion. You will likely end up playing all nations as you can whip out the first 3 or 4 tiers in all nations pretty quickly. From there it really depends on what type of tank you enjoy playing - rather than what nation is better or worse.

My favorite unit in the whole game is the SU-26, a tier III artillery.
The KV at Tier V can absolutely dominate games.
The US tank destroyers are pretty fun (I'm up to the T28/Tier VIII), but I've also had tons of fun with the SU-85 and my beloved JadgTiger.

In closing, the game is pretty balanced (not perfectly) so that no matter which nation you select you will run into tiers that are better or worse than other nations depending on what tank you happen to be in that moment. In my opinion what matters more is that you enjoy playing that model of tank. Some units are absolute rubbish and you will scream every game until you move on to the next one!

Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!